Experience Report - A trip report on dxm and modafinil

Discussion in 'DXM' started by lyingspeed, May 11, 2018.

1. lyingspeed

lyingspeed Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.
    After searching the web and finding next to nothing, I decided to write a report on the combo of provigil (modafinil) and dxm. I took some pseudoephedrine as well, but it was pretty much out of my system. This is all i took:

Provigil: 300mgs, 3:15 pm

Pseudoephedrine: (unknown amount) 3:30 pm

DXM: 354mgs 8:00 pm

Current time: 8:20

A little back story until it kicks in-I’m 21 years old, bipolar, ocd, and drug addicted. I had been sober from my drug of choice, DXM, since jan 18 2018 but a craving the size of hell overcame me and I succumbed. I am also an amphetamine addict, but i have that more under control. I am on a plethora of psychotropic meds, and wish to not list all of them because it would take too much time.

I am quiet experienced with dxm, going to places somewhere around the 4th plateau before, having out-of-body experiences; the whole shebang. I know the effects will take 1-3 hrs to set in (It’s hard to say because gabapentin makes the come up unbearable long, and I took it this morning). I know this dose will land me in the 2nd plateau, and while not happy about that, I have to deal with it. I fucked up, I don’t want to fuck up and possibly get caught because of no tolerance (I still live at home). It’s also expensive… 8 bucks a bottle. That’s the price at the gas station. The cheap shit is like a 30 min walk there and back and I’m not about to go in the cold, rainy night to get high. I’m not that desperate lol.

Current time: 8:30

I’m going to go on Erowid. Will report back later

Current time: 8:45 My body is feeling a little warm. I feel… something… entering my psyche. Could be placebo. Hard to say.

Current time: 9:01 Wow, this is hitting sooner than expected. My neck is a little tingly and numb, and I have slight tracers. I stood up and got that familiar “hovering” feeling, but more dizzy. Also more in control. My head is getting lighter and lighter, i forgot about this, i missed this, my fingers are flying, I want MORE, I love this, oh god, what have I done…

Current time: 9:06 getting CEVs of my mobile DAW (recording program) I downloaded today

-9:08 my whole body is tingling… I’m so calm, so at peace… my head is heavy, bobbing around on my neck, which is becoming more and more numb.

-9:14 I feel like my lower half is paralyzed… I like it. This feels like the first time I dexed, minus the confusion. I think the fact that I was just prescribed luvox (an ssri for OCD [yes, I know it’s stupid to do dxm on an ssri, but i don’t care honestly. I was on Celexa and tripped for months with no problem]) may have somehow made me more susceptible to the effects of dxm. Or it’s the provigil. Idk, all i know is that it feels goooooooood

-9:27 Bathroom break. Physically I feel a little drunk. Mentally and emotionally I feel great. At one with everything. Music is enhanced. And, as strange as it may seem, my ocd is a little better. I’m not praying or counting. Of course I still have the occasional “Just Right” compulsion, but overall I feel… Normal, in that aspect. I wish i could always stay like this… And the cycle begins… Hopefully I stop it before it gets too bad.

-9:34 I feel very short when I stand for some odd reason

Current time: 9:55

I bought another bottle at 9:45… I knew this would happen. People say redosing doesn’t work, it does for me. Will check in later

Current time 10:20 pm Still feeling around 2nd plateau. Time dilation. Very aware of my surroundings, yet still “trippy” feeling. Going to enjoy CEVs. Maybe try i-doser for shits n giggles lol

-10:30 My chest hurts. My pulse is 116 bpm. Normally it is around 85-90. I am ok with this. My lips are going numb. I can feel my eyes bulging out of my head. It is coming. I am going to meditate.

-10:32 my vision is getting choppy, my skin is tingling, but my mind is still clear. Strange

-10:39 I understand what it means to be anesthetized. I am so, so numb. The pain in my back-totally gone. My entire face is numb. The cut OH MY GOD I JUST HAD THE SCARIEST TACTILE HALLUCINATION. I was sitting and then it felt like some just shook the pillow really hard… now it’s getting a littlee cold in here… i really hope i didn’t bring somethingg into my room…

It’s currently 10:44pm. I am going to use some smokeless tobacco. Also, i brushed my teeth earlier and cut my gums due to ocd. I feel no pain currently.

Damn its 10:56 already? I’m pretty high, my stereoscopic vision is on the verge of straight and shot. I can still think clearly though. This is interesting.

-11:04 looking at things up close, my stereoscopic vision is shot, but far away it’s fine… weird. I’m gonna try dxm i-doser

-11:14 I am so far gone… Holy shit. My whole body is buzzing and numb, and I'm just so calm. I traveled thru space during my session… It was great. I-Oh fuck, I just got over run by anesthesia. My vision is shot, but oddly enough the words actually pop out so i can type them

-11:19 I realize i am not wearing headphones and promptly put them on

11:26 …I’m so high….vLefrt hand is geeking out. Remember to stretch it out

-11:30 bpm 110

11:40 i just reLIZED I TOOK 300 mgs of modafinil in the morning

11:41 stereoscopic vision gone thank god for auto correct squinting like mad

11:56 Calmin down a bit, going to do more I doser (I like meditation)

12:07 Wow, I felt like I was on whippets

I stopped writing after this. Honestly, this was a great experience! Probably not the best thing for your heart. but in moderation i most def recommend this combo. It brings the magic back. Thanks for reading!

2. ladywolf2012

ladywolf2012 Got diamonds in the soles of my shoes! Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    68 y/o from Foothills of Arizona
    Hi--Your report is interesting, though we generally recommend that people report their experiences after the trip is over, not while it is going on. But your writing was pretty clear-headed, so it was okay.

I'm curious as to why you added pseudoephedrine to the already somewhat precarious mixture. Pseudophed is famous for raising blood pressure and heart rate. And how did you take an "unknown amount?" I don't get that. You put your heart at even greater risk by adding this third ingredient--what was your thinking behind it?

Aside from that observation, I haven't much else to say, except that I urge you to take better care of yourself when you trip in the future. By the way, was the DXM you took the pure stuff, without any other active ingredients?

3. lyingspeed

lyingspeed Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.
    Well the pseudoephedrine was to wake me up a little.. I have a problem with stacking stims honestly. I couldn't remember how much I took so I put "unknown amount". And it was the syrup. I've been in kinda a rough patch lately and have relapsed a few more times, and had some weird problems with my left arm locking up which scared me away from doing it anymore. I think it's an interaction with the rexulti (brexpiprazole) that I'm on. Or the luvox (fluvoxamine). Yes, I know it's stupid to mix dxm with ssri's. But I can be stupid/reckless at times.

4. Mingo123

Mingo123 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Somewhere over the rainbow
    Thank you for sharing your trip report. It is interesting, but I have to echo Ladywolf's concern over the combination of drugs. We are all 'stupid/reckless' at times, but with drugs the lines you cross can be overdose and death.
    Please be careful when you are having fun! :)

5. ladywolf2012

ladywolf2012 Got diamonds in the soles of my shoes! Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    Yup, the drugs you are mixing could lead to Serotonin Syndrome, which is potentially lethal. If you develop it, you must go to the hospital immediately and you are lucky if you survive it.

Is "stupid/reckless" the same as "death wish?"

6. lyingspeed

lyingspeed Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.
    i think subconsciously I have one since I put my body thru this shit. I just don't care sometimes
    --- Double Post Merged, May 15, 2018 ---
    And also, I think I had it happen once. I didn't have any benzos so I pulled out my emergency zyprexa zytis which seemed to help a bit.. Not sure why it would other than slowing down the heart rate, but don't quote me on that. Atypical Anti-psychotics lower dopamine, serotonin,and sometimes raise histamine levels, but correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a little rusty on the mechanisms of action of anti psychs. Maybe the fact that it lowered serotonin it helped? Idk

7. ladywolf2012

Reputation Points:
    I just found the following information online:

"Zyprexa works to reduce symptoms of schizophrenia by blocking various serotonin and dopamine receptors. It blocks the serotonin (5HT2A) receptor more potently than the dopamine (D2) receptor. In animal studies, Zyprexa is more potent at blocking serotonin and dopamine than Clozaril. "
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080924121644AAgh4XU

So I guess your explanation might hold water...

Needless to say, I still worry about you. Why mix all these dangerous drugs together, when there are plenty of ways to get high that do not involve risking your life?

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  8. lyingspeed

lyingspeed Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.
    The way I view my life is screwed up man. I take it as one giant experiment. So I mix drugs. I'm trying to stop, I don't usually do it anymore. That was just one of those times I went overboard