About to do morning glory

Discussion in 'LSA seeds' started by coolman899, Oct 31, 2006.

1. coolman899

coolman899 Guest

Reputation Points:
    ok so SWIM put about 200 seeds grinded up into a cup full of vodka for a bout 2 days and mixed it up once in awhil. now I am about to drink the liquid (only).

will SWIM live? SWIM dont care about nausia. SWIM just wants to experience the effects.
    and SWIM just had about 3 beers as well.

and there is about 2 ounces of vodka in the drink and about 1 oucne of water.

2. PsychicTraveler

PsychicTraveler Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: i am about to do morning glory

I would wager against your death (unless you do something stupid like jump out a window).

3. coolman899

coolman899 Guest

Reputation Points:
    Re: i am about to do morning glory

I am having a great time. I feel very relaxed. I am having no hillucinations, just eurporhia, this is about 2 hours after I have ingested the seeds. SWIm has taken about 30 more just for fun.

HOw long should SWIM wait before his next tr ip

4. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    I would allow for at least two days between trips.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  5. coolman899

coolman899 Guest

Reputation Points:
    Ok thanks for you're help.
    I keep hearing people get very sick from them.
    and I was not sick at one point. Lucky SWIM i guess :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2006
  6. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    The alcohol extraction is supposed to leave the nausea inducing compounds in the seed mush.

From the Erowid MG vault:

"Based on my experiences I believe the following to be true (though am wide-open to getting "scientific"/factual refutation/corroboration). In addition to the lysergic amides present in the seeds, there are two chemicals or chemical complexes which are toxic. One of these, relatively mild, is associated with nausea and is contained in the seed pulp. This is soluble in water and will form long 'strands' in it which are clearly visible. This material can be processed into a kind of 'soap' which lathers somewhat. It is not soluble in alcohol nor petroleum ether. This is evidenced by soaking the spent powder in water.
    A second chemical or complex is much more malicious. Ingesting it results in headache, blurred and 'fish-eye' vision, and it also seems to counteract the psychedelic effect. For lack of a better term with the expectation that it is chemically non-descriptive, we will call this the 'strychnine effect' and the associated compound(s) the 'strychnine factor'. This factor is contained in the seed husk and is miscible with petroleum ether but only slightly soluable in water. If you chew the seeds you break the husk but do not usually chew it well enough to digest. Same thing if you pulverize the seeds with a hammer or similiar instrument before eating or swallowing. In both cases, the 'strychnine effect' is not observed except as background. However the high is not as lucid and bright as when the factor is removed. On the other hand, if you grind the seeds into powder and do not remove the 'styrchnine factor' with petroleum ether (or other solvent(?)) but ingest the powder itself, you will experience the 'strychnine effect' in great and unpleasant intensity. If you put the powder in water, filter the water, and drink it (effectively the traditional method for indigenous peoples), the nausea factor will be pronounced, but the 'strychnine effect' will be weak."

So in short, you can remove the "strychnine effect" with a non-polar wash,
    then extract the LSA (while leaving the nauseous stuff) with alcohol.

7. PsychicTraveler

Reputation Points:
    Of course, then you read some more, and someone else says the opposite...

" The substances that cause a lot of the sickness in morning glory
    seeds are essential oils that are irritants. These can be removed by
    ligroin (Zippo lighter fluid fits the bill greatly.). The ligroin would
    be evaporated then the seeds would be soaked in ethanol..."

Oh well. You might want to do a little experimentation to find out what works for him.

8. coolman899

coolman899 Guest

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for the information.
    I would like to do this again tommorow night.
    but this will only leave 1 day for the lsa to be extracted.

Before they had 3 days to with 150 seeds.
    Should SWIM add more seeds this time? since I only have 1 day?
    I would like the same effects as last time.

9. coolman899

coolman899 Guest

Reputation Points:
    I am going to be doing morning glory again and i thought id post about it here :)
    Today SWIm has put 200 grinded up seeds into vodka and water just like last time but has added 50 more seeds.
    Each time SWIM trips he will add 50 or more seeds untill he gets to 400.
    Just to be safe.
    It is sitting in vodka and water as we speak and will be ready for SWIM to drink on by sundays football game (inviting the guys over)
    :D :D

Hopefully it will be just as good of experience as last time.
    I will post how it goes after. :)

10. mynameisshaun

mynameisshaun Newbie

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o
    SWIM wishes you much luck. I haven't had much luck with his cold water extractions and may be considering to attempt your method. Again, good luck :)

11. coolman899

coolman899 Guest

Reputation Points:
    :mad: :mad: Ok SWIM drank it today and it didn't do anything.
    SWIM gelt really tired about 30 minutes after and than I felt normal 20 minutes after.
    I did the same thing like last time and same shop, accept more seeds. and it did not do anything.