1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions - About to Take it to a New Level: Tripping on a Plane

Discussion in 'Magic Mushroom use' started by mean_green, Mar 2, 2012.

1. mean_green

mean_green Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Hey guys SWIM is going on a plane trip in less than 24 hours and is eating some shroomies before the flight!! the plane ride is going to be 6 hours of unexplainable feelings :D Im going to be with my two buddies so I wont be next to a weirdo or anything either. They will also be in the same state of mind.

Has anyone done this before? If so, how could SWIM prepare for this?? SWIM has shroom tripped multiple times before so he really isn't nervous in any way.. just wants to make sure nothing goes wrong :x

2. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o Male from ireland
    Re: about to take it to a new level

Very bad idea.
    Regardless of how seasoned a tripper you are, you are going to be cooped up with dozens if not hundreds of strangers in surroundings that are far from ideal.
    What if you become claustrophobic, what if you have a very uncomfortable experience?
    All it could takeis some bad turbulance to set you off or what about some delays on the ground and you end up trying to clear customs while tripping?

It sounds pretty irresponsible to me, not only do you risk your own safety you could end up freaking other passangers out and end up in serious trouble.

3. Phenoxide

Phenoxide Super Moderator Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from United States

Taking a strong psychoactive that causes erratic thoughts, emotions and behaviors in a confined space 35,000 ft above the ground. What could possibly go wrong?

But seriously, no.. a cramped civilian aircraft is not the setting for mushrooms. Save up the pennies for your own private jet, then go for it!

4. Starlight29

Starlight29 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

I've got to strongly caution SWIY on that choice. First thing that came to mind: Federal Air Marshals. What if said hypothetical individual had a bad trip and became agitated, scared or violent. Seems like that decision is simply asking for trouble. It's not like said individual can retreat to the safety of one's bedroom if something went wrong.

5. cra$h

cra$h Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from PA

If a trip starts to get rocky, the best thing to do is change the scenery. Good luck doing that thousands of feet up in the air.
    Bugging out would be the worst of your problems. starlight brought up a good point. Feds. Even if you're putting off a lot of tense vibes, the people behind/infront of you are going to pick up, and next thing you know you're tackled to the ground and in some secret mexican prison being interrogated for terrorism. And now that they have that law saying they can detain you under grounds of terrorism for an undetermined length before trial, good luck getting out.

Keep the psychedelic scene clean and discrete. It already has a bad rep to the unenlightened.

6. Starlight29

Starlight29 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

I'm inclined to agree with Cra$h. The last thing anybody (fictitious, hypothetical or real) wants is media attention to the scene, especially in a negative manner, such as in the newspaper headlines. Keep it low-key.

7. mean_green

mean_green Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

Swim is not ingesting a full eighter or more so he will not be freaking out or anything. The plane ride is also at 4am so swim can just sleep if needed. Swim also is not violent or angry and has never had a problem with setting or other ppl

8. Starlight29

Starlight29 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.

Hypothetically, would this friend of a friend have access to antipsychs or benzos in case things went downhill? Tell this person to be careful regardless - have fun and be safe.

9. Dankitydankness

Dankitydankness Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o Male from Maryland, U.S.A.

hahah that sounds like one crazy idea. but damn maan u better be prepared. and rreally experienced.

if i were you i would just eat a few cannabis edibles and down some vodka before i get on. cuz a shroom trip sounds like it might be a little much on a plane. just get real drunk before.

10. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    from United States

I don't know about anyone else, but even if I'm completely sober when flying I get anxious, claustrophobic, and generally uncomfortable having to just sit there for hours on end.

Sure, I've been tempted to take a couple shrooms before getting on a plane... But thankfully, rational thought has always slapped me in the face. For me at least, tripping while flying would be a definite no.

Set and setting are so important... Picture this:

Set: Amplified paranoia from having to go through the annoying process of checking in, security and possibly getting searched, dealing with the typical airport bullshit and pre-flight anxiety, all on top of pre-trip anxiety. I don't see how anyone could possibly have a great mindset going into something like this.

Setting: In a 950,000lb flying torpedo, 35,000 feet up in the air, stuck on a completely full coach flight full of irritable strangers, six inches away from the obviously straight-edge businessman who won't stop coughing or blowing his nose, with next to nothing for leg room, where the only thing even remotely close to an escape is a long, shameful walk to the bathroom, past all the people on that flight who have nothing better to do than stare at the people who have to get up to take a piss or drop off a turd...

It could be fun on maybe a private plane where you didn't have to worry about security or random strangers, and I know people have done it while flying on commercial airlines and had it go well. I just don't think it's worth the risk of all the things that could possibly go wrong though, especially these days. I'm sure you could rack up multiple felonies just by freaking out and causing hysteria on the plane.

11. Potter

Potter Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.

What an incredibly boring place to tripp.

Hope TSA doesn't notice you looking at all funny or it's off to indefinite detention!

12. Nujabes

Nujabes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    If SWI the OP doesn't end up making the ongoing tripping obvious, one of his friends in all likelihood will.

SWIM would never consider tripping on a plane. :rolleyes:

Anyhow keep the community updated on what takes place. :thumbsup:

13. xJSL

xJSL Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Since it's still been under 24 hours, I assume you aren't flying (Pun.. :( ) yet. I would definitely caution you about taking any drug on an airplane, for obvious reasons. Confined space, lack of medical attention, and serious legal issues. However, I have a feeling you will not be deterred in your quest.

My advice would be to have benzodiazepines and a drug like mirtazapine (Strong 5-HT2A blocking, as well as extremely strong antihistamine action which will potentially end a trip and put you right to sleep) as well as have a COMPLETELY SOBER SITTER. I can't imagine how three people tripping on an airplane with no one to talk them through any difficult times or look after them. Good luck.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  14. Kradiant

Kradiant Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    It's been over a week since this thread was posted.

It'd be interesting to know what the swiy decided to do in this situation. The fact that the OP hasn't returned to provide a trip report is a worrying sign xD Hope swiy is safe and sound!

15. Joe-(5-HTP)

Joe-(5-HTP) Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    I can kind of understand the whole 'let's trip in a crazy daring place' mentality, but in seriousness what is actually cool about tripping in a plane? at best it will be boring and at worst.. well, others have already pointed out the worst.

So it seems it's not only a bad idea, it wouldn't even be that cool or daring if one did pull it off

16. Marvolo

Marvolo Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.K.
    I would literally pay to see someone's ambitious trip on a plane. Watching the trip go bad followed by the authorities questioning OP on terrorism and drug charges. I'd be happy to have my plane grounded at the wrong airport, the misanthropic pleasure of watching this would be priceless.

17. jerseybrah

jerseybrah Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    never did shrooms, but once SWIM flew out right after a night at the club and was rolling decently hard on the plane...not fun

18. mean_green

mean_green Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    not gonna lie it was quite an experience! no bad side effects from anyone we held our own pretty easily. I cant really describe the euphoria my body had when your going up and omg swiy felt like he was a flying himself. nobody noticed or made any suggestion of what was going on. the plane landed after an hour and a half we had a 3 hour lay over so the airport was a pretty unusual setting and it was great to experience those feelings where you never thought you would.

19. Phungushead

Phungushead Twisted Depiction Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    from United States
    [IMGL="white"]http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25251&d=1332307405[/IMGL]Glad to hear that you survived with your mind (and freedom!) in tact...

Just a few questions, out of curiosity...

*What size dosages, and what kind of mushrooms (Psilocybe cubensis?) were consumed?

*At what point were the mushrooms consumed (before entering airport, after checking in, etc.)?

*At what point were effects first felt (before boarding, while in flight, etc.)?

*How strong were the effects?

*How long did the effects last?

*Any unpleasant moments (fear, anxiety, regret, etc.)?

*Is this something you would repeat?

Thanks!

Attached Files: