Combinations - Absinthe & Marijuana

Discussion in 'Drug combinations' started by Nature Boy, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    SWIM must say that the absinthe and marijuana combination is indeed wonderful. Now he's not one who believes in Absinthe's wormwood-fuelled psychedelic properties but he will say it's damn potent stuff and its effects are different to other hard liquors to a degree. The fact that it's 180 proof definitely gives it that extra kick, when drinking a shot of it one can actually feel the pleasant burning sensation go all the way through their insides until the alcohol is absorbed in the stomach. Absinthe combined with marijuana is simply delightful in his opinion. It's similar to being plain old drunk and stoned only he finds his head is a lot clearer, he's full of energy and generally up for a good time. The absinthe's effects combine with the marijuana so one feels the pleasant high of the weed without any paranoia or increased inhibitions. Word of advice though: Take it easy on the beers. SWIM only consumed the absinthe with weed last night but a few of his lab rats had a few brewskies beforehand and it roughed up their stomachs to the point of vomiting.

Opinions on absinthe/marijuana anyone?

2. Rivet_Head

Rivet_Head Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Well I am glad that it's a good combo because he is planning to try absinthe for the first time this summer. SWIM heard it is possible to get absinthe with THC already in it in some parts of eastern europe, which is where he is going.

3. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I wouldn't be so sure about that. If that type of tincture is available in parts of eastern Europe, SWIM can't imagine it can be attained legally.

4. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I has heard of absinthe green dragon, but I am sure it isnt legal. but You could make it relitively easily by soaking weed in the high proof absinthe (higher the better) for a week or 2 and then drinking. I has found though that green dragon is not nearly as effective as meerly smoking along with taking a few shots. but hey thats just swim's point of view, its easy to make so try it yourself.

5. Rivet_Head

Rivet_Head Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    That's a given...but I have good friends.

6. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    I would love to try some "green dragon" only he never has enough weed at a time to have surplus amounts to make tinctures, recipes etc. SWIM just smokes all his green.

7. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    nature boy You really dont need that much weed, maybe a 1/4 of mids and some cheap high proof vodka or grain alc, but I agree swim smokes most of his green

8. I love shrooooms

I love shrooooms Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
  9. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    Yes! Definitely!

10. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    hmmm. although absinthe is 100% legal where i live, I hasnt even thought of trying it. but most absinthe sold here is fake, just 70% alcohol with bitter flavour and green colour.
    I would try to distill some, or better buy some original absinthe from the czech republic..theres the best. And i heard thujone is related to thc so the combo could be synergistic.

11. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Absinth (proper absinth) works brilliantly with Weed but also with opium as well swia is very keen on have a couple of eights of pollen hash soak in a bottle spare. that is as swia loves absinth all by itself, the hole task of doing it with the sugar cube and absinth spoon always nice.

Cant say which swia prefers opium with absinth or pollen with absinth they all feel nice either way.. :p

12. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Stevie Boldank and a friend tried this at the weekend and wandered around their local town, eyes wide open, laughing and boggling at the sights, an adventure that concluded in a fear and loathing style incident in a mcdonalds, and a long bus ride that SWIM for some reason remembers nothing of...

13. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    A few weeks ago I smoked thujone (maybe about 10 hits out of a lightbulb vaporizer) followed by a few hits of weed. Note of caution: smoking thujone is the most vile, noxious smoke that could ever be inhaled. Be warned. The two synergized pretty well, it was a clear, different than usual weed high and was more psychedelic. My friend smoked it without weed and said he felt kind of high, but it was clearer and he couldn't describe it well. Ultimatley though, it wasn't worth the disgusting taste.