Acacia mixture (smartshop product)

Discussion in 'DMT and Ayahuasca' started by psyche, Aug 14, 2006.

1. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    my back from Amsterdam and he has a little bottle of acasia mixture, which appeared on one smartshop on the last day of his stay. He gave it a try and it did give him a bit trippy feeling and everything looked funny but not anything like full-blown DMT experience. He thinks it isn't concentrated enough at all to get the full effects. You'd have to smoke it several grams, right? He propably should do the extraction if he's to buy more of those someday.

2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Correct me if I am wrong, but acacia extract means DMT in my mind. I have read the flyer of that product and it did raise some eyebrowes. Acacia extract sounds much more vague than needed. So either the stuff is highly illegal because it contains the schedule 1 DMT or there is something in there which is not acacia. Taking that with SWIP, while crossing borders could have brought an unwelcome surprise for SWIP if customs would have discovered.

Here is part of the description:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006
  3. Marsofold

Marsofold Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    In Australia there is an underground smoking product called "Changa" made of extracted acacia bark resin mixed with dried caapi leaves. Produces a light DMT trip lasting 15 minutes. Sounds like somebody decided to try their own version in Amsterdam. This stuff is too good to escape the notice of LEO...

4. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Is DMT a controlled substance in the Netherlands?

5. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    DMT is a controlled substance in all countries which have signed the United Nation convention on psychotropic substances of 1971, which is about most of the worlds countries.

6. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    But still smartshops sell ayahuasca analogues openly? That new product is not acacia extract, it's mixture, which makes it quite impossible to smoke worth tens of mgs of DMT.

I am aware of the legal status of DMT but it was his last day and he didn't have hotel anymore but wanted to try it in a safe location.

The product was new and the salesman couldn't even tell if it contained DMT, he just found that infocard for me. The bottle only contains texts "1 gram botanical sample - Warning: Contains MAO-inhibitors". So is some sp of acacia also MAOI or are there added ones?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2006
  7. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    The product is listed as a extract. DMT does not need a MAOI to be active by smoking it. An MAOI is only added to make it orally active.

8. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    Well, it isn't an extract and the name doesn't imply so. Why would it be more illegal than mimosa or psychotria? Also, I don't get the point of adding MAOI to smoked DMT-product, it only makes thing more complicate, and, according to the good, new link someone posted, it may dimnish effects in some cases. There's really is not much info included, not even the active ingredienct! Still, it makes world look funny and I think I'm feeling that DMT rush, altough the dose must be more than minimal. Would the MAOIs be a sad attempt to potentiate that minumum dose enough to be "full-blown psychedelic".

9. Marsofold

Marsofold Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    Adding an MAOI to smoked DMT crystals causes the length of the trip to be extended. Some people add 10-15 milligrams of harmala freebase to the usual 50 milligrams of DMT. That makes the trip last 15-20 minutes and makes the onset less extreme. Possibly the intent in this case...

10. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    The producer has it listed as extract on it's website.

11. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    Yes he has and I don't know why because it can't be: the name doesn't suggest it and the mixture itself is not fine at all, it contains even some stalks.

What was I thinking... It would be very handful for that kind of extract to have slower onset, otherwise you wouldn't be able to smoke huge amounts of it, and I'm still having problems as a newbie.

12. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Why would an extract need to be fine and without stalks?
    Look at Salvia divinorum extract, which is often a pure alkaloid extract sprayed upon salvia leafs.
    One could spray a pure alkaloid extract on anything with any form. That's why many vendors offer extracts of plant A on plant B. (Plant B often smokes better)

13. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    So that would explain how SWIM managed to get any effects out of it by smoking something like half a gram. So its not named as an extract and it says botanical sample for the sake of customs and so.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2006
  14. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

15. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I have a good friend working in a smartshop, which keeps him up-to-date.
    A while ago my friend told him about a DMT-containing extract, called Acacia Extract.
    I was eager to try it and bought a tube of it, and tested it with his waterpipe(not filled with water)
    I felt the effects within moments and he felled like his balance was taken away, and he was suddenly verry wobly.
    His perspection of size changed as well, and everything seemed smaller, he also had a big grim on his face and was laughing a little.
    He smoked the whole tube within half an hour, but for the price he paid he couldn't really say it was worth it, it wasn't even nearly as strong as DMT, ofcourse he didn't expect it to be but he expected it to be stronger than that.
    This afternoon SWIM met the same friend again, and tol SWIM that they swapped the old tubes for newer, much stronger ones, and because I got one of the old ones he got a new one for free.
    Just 45 minutes ago I tested it again with his waterpipe(this time he filled it with water) and filled it up with probaply 1/10 of the tube.
    Very thick clouds filled his waterpipe and he inhaled it all as deeply as he could and holded the smoke as long as he could.
    Within seconds he saw the floor moving the same way he sees it when he used mushrooms, and he saw some patches of recently painted wall move to the front making it much more apperent.
    He also felled a very weird feeling inside his head, and had a very big grim again.
    SWIM then smoked the rest of the tube untill he head 3/5 left, now the ground was moving much more, he could better descripe it as that the floor was crawling in a current towards his door.
    The letters on his keyboard were all moving away when he looked at it and music had a completely different sound bringing SWIM to a different level.
    Now more then 45 minutes sinds his last hit SWIM still sees the floor crawling towards the door, though a lot less than half an hour earlier.
    He also still sees the letters and digits on his keyboard moving to different directions and music still sounds different and more lively.
    All in al I think it's worth it, and definetely had fun with it, and he still has 3/5 of the tube left which he will smoke tonight.

1. 4/5,
      Appreciate the report on this mix.
      May 27, 2009
    2. 4/5,
      useful info of strengthening acacia mixture
      Sep 2, 2006
    3. 5/5,
      Lovely description
      Sep 1, 2006
  16. Psych0naut

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I didn't smoke the extract anymore, because the relatively high content of DMT he thought of extracting it, this is what he did:
    1. SWIM put half a tube of the Acacia Mixture in a 100 ml erlenmyer.
    2. SWIM then made a acid solution and adden enough untill the pH was lowered to 2.
    3. He swirled the erlenmijer for a while so al the DMT dissolved in the water and heated it for half an hour at 75C.
    4. After heating, he filtered the solution to remove the leaves and leave a clear yellow/orange liquid.
    5. SWIM then basified it by dissolving 1,5 gr of NaOH in 25 ml d-H2O and added 12,5 ml until the pH was raised to 12.
    6. He then extracted the DMT several times with DCM and combined the extracts.
    7. He vaporized the extracts down to 10 ml and put it in a test tube and put it in the freezer for 36 hours, after 36 hours he took it out of the freezer and could see some clear crystals floating in the DCM.
    8. He poured the DCM in a hour glass as the crystals disolved to quickly back in the DCM to filter it, after a couple of hours all the DCM was evaporated leaving some yellow gummy gunk which he smeared on some rolling tobacco and rolled it in a ball to smoke in his bong later.

Edit:He has just smoked a bit of it and it's heavy stuff, though it's hard to smoke because of the tobacco.
    He will extract it again tommorow and put in on some bud.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
    1. 5/5,
      great post, you contribute much to these forums
      Sep 18, 2006
  17. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    Did SWIP think of measuring the amount of DMT in the acacia mixture? That would be most interesting.

18. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    That info would really be welcome for SWIM too.

19. Psych0naut

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Unfortanetly, No.The stuff he extracted ended up as a very sticky gum so it couldn't be weighed, also I don't have a milligram scale.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  20. Psych0naut

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I have uploaded the pictures of the extraction, unfortanetly he only made 3 photos;of the added acid solution, of the filtered solution, and of the very fine crystals in a small dish.
    apic1.picturetrail.com_VOL1116_5019009_10287087_186350788.gif

apic1.picturetrail.com_VOL1116_5019009_10287087_186350797.gif

apic1.picturetrail.com_VOL1116_5019009_10287087_186350794.gif