Acne On Cheeks/Face

Discussion in 'The euphoric body' started by Unregistered, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Reputation Points:
    I'm just wondering what drugs can cause acne on the face/cheek area? also can cocaine cause this? cheers.

2. Triple7

Triple7 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from sweden
    I'm no expert and I know very very little about medicine. But as any expert would say, I say it is individual. ;)

When one is speeded, one might spend more salts and minerals than usual. The drug might alter slightly the salt balances in ones body, which may cause one sweat more or then less. So the little changes, might cause pimples. What happens with You if You doesn't shower for a week??

In my country, the doctors believe pimples are caused (almost only) by bacteria. In other countries, they think several factors can cause it. For example minor problems in internal organs, for example the liver.

I say that stuff for acne removal causes many times acne, for example soap for acne causes acne. Lot of useless junk is sold in the pharmacy. Food can cause it, so why not drugs? I strongly believe that lack of sleep causes pimples. And you know what drugs can do with sleeping. There are people taking steroids without getting acne. Steroids should cause several times more acne than drugs. Myself, I used to get acne from staring for hours into computer monitors (the modern ones have less radiation and gives me less pimples). Women may get pimples when they start to eat birth control pills.

The good thing, is that acne isn't dangerous. It is only something that is cosmetic. Best way to get rid of them, is to use a sharp thin clean needle, make a hole, and squeeze from inside out... not the other way. The better needle, the less it hurst. Insuline needles are excelent.

I think it is quite impossible to tell that X and Y but not Z cause acne for you.

(Note: To posses needles in your country/state may be a crime).

3. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    The use of powerful central nervous system stimulants is often thought to cause acne and other skin conditions. But they do not directly do so. That's a myth.

The only drug people use recreationaly that can cause skin eruptions is dextromethorphan hydroBROMIDE. Bromides, used often, can and will cause skin eruptions as part of a condition called Bromism. Go Google Bromism for further information.

4. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim used to have terrible acne when he was younger. He tried every oral medication, face wash, and skin treatment gel or cream possible, to no avail. He had more than one dermatologist trying to help solve the problem. Finally he found one who would prescribe him isotretinoin (accutance), and within a month or so of treatment his acne died down and finally faded, never to return.

Anyways, drugs generally don't cause acne, as Nag discussed. Swim used DXM and didn't have any problems with skin eruptions, and bromism isn't a problem likely to be encountered easily.

No one knows the true cause of acne. People can only speculate. From research and experience, I believe that genetics have a good deal to do with it. Having a father with large pores who had acne himself and a mother with oily skin was a bad combo for swim! Its the only explanation he could find for his troubles, as not a single other thing he did made a difference. Also diet is important, and really underrated when looking at how to get rid of acne, trust me. Don't eat alot of oily foods, and try to just eat healthy in general. Washing your face can only do so much, but dirt and uncleanliness will indeed worsen acne if allowed to accumulate. During adolesence all sorts of hormones will be going off, which also increases chances for acne, especially as you give out more oil through your skin.

Hope that helps...

5. fnord

fnord Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    also google bromine poisoning,gusseing its the same thing diffrent name.

6. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    "Don't squeeze that pimple, Johnney! You'll get cancer and turn gay!" - Soon to be seen on South Park.

7. Desertfox

Desertfox Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    everytime you masturbate a pimple arises somewhere on your body. thats why pubescent teenagers have such a huge acne problem

8. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    I thought that just caused hair to grow on your palms. Learn something new every day!

9. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
Tags: