Actual Case of Dihydrogen Monoxide Poisoning!!!

Discussion in 'The euphoric body' started by Jimmeh, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Silver Member

Reputation Points:
  2. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This actually isnt a rare occurence. people who drink too much water when rolling at raves sometimes die of water poisening. a fact the drug warriors like to blame on the XTC itself. But maybe we should ban the dihydrogen monoxide menace before innocent lives are lost. It's the most addictive substance known to mankind, once you're hooked you can't go three days without dying from withdrawal. Everyone write to your local senator about this clear liquid menace. :D

3. Alicia

Alicia Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Yeh its more than possible to die drinking too much water,swia saw a friend who had taken something said he felt completely dry in the throat/ kept drinking and drinking was ok in the end was lucky thou.

It also depends on a person's build as well. but not a good idea. Drinking contest seems a little stupid.

4. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    chewing gum that promotes saliva flow would be a good idea. they sell it at sports stores.

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Just Remember: Terrorists may use the dreaded Dihydrogen Monoxide to cripple America! It is colorless, odorless, tasteless! It can be fatal if swallowed or inhaled! Run for your lives!

6. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.
    Not too long ago a kid pledging a fraternity, I think in California, was locked in a room with a couple gallons of water and his "pledge task" was to drink a couple of gallons before he was aloud out. He died of water intoxication. Needless to say you have to be a pretty big idiot to kill yourself with water (what's next death by Vitamin C, getting mauled by kittens), but fraternity pledges are always willing to step up to that plate.

Anyway I can't wait for the future trend when stupid teenagers start drinking as many gallons of water as they can to try to get high. It's called water intoxication afterall. It'll be the next huffing. That'll be the day, when politicians try to grandstand each other with bills that require store owners to limit sales of big gulps to one per person.

7. darawk

darawk Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Babies are born addicted to DHMO everyday, extremely significant quantities of any DHMO consumed by a pregnant mother are known to be absorbed by the fetus. Another fact often swept under the rug by the pro-dhmo corporate agenda of our nation's politicians is that all babies born with severe birth defects or mental retardation are known to have absorbed DHMO while in their mother's womb.

8. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Dihydrogen Monoxide is also a major component of pollution found in lakes and streams and the ocean's themselves! Think of this before you flush anything down your drain.

9. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Why havent they found an antidote after all these years? Big Utility is probably paying hush oney to senators to keep any bans from getting on the floor.

10. burtonbabexo

burtonbabexo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    its a common hazing activitity for college fraternities to force initiates to drink immense amounts of water and it happens every year

11. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I don't think DHMO is a big problem, personally. There's really no "high" to speak of, just serious (and life-threatening) withdrawl symptoms if one tries to quit. Those who haven't been exposed to it before are unlikely to try it, provided they have access to real information on the subject (as opposed to media propaganda).

On the other hand, my friend I was foolish enough to try it at a very young age (all his friends claimed it was "refreshing") and has been an addict ever since. He doesn't even get any pleasure from it anymore unless he's gone without it for a long time; he just takes maintenance doses to avoid withdrawls. I hope he can kick the habit someday.

He also has a serious problem with ascorbic acid (ASD).

ECL

12. zera

zera Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Illinois, U.S.A.
    Unfortunately there is a frightening trend of marijuana users mixing their drug with the dangerous substance dihydrogen monoxide, in complicated devices, called "bongs." By all indications such mixing produces a marijuana high that is more intense, allows the user to consume more in a single session, and "hits harder."

In 100% of all cases of date rape studied it was found that the victim's drink contained some level of dihydrogen monoxide.

Let's also not forget that dihydrogen monoxide is used in the production of virtually every other drug, so contamination is a real possibility!

13. El Calico Loco

El Calico Loco Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I think responsible drug users everywhere should make an effort to make sure kids can't get access to this substance. All we need is for one ignorant teen to take a massive overdose and die for the various governments to step in with their usual hand-wringing and concern for The Children. Though I hate to see addicts, I would hate to see the substance banned for everyone. Swim tells me it can be a good experience in limited quantities.

ECL

14. Slickinfinity

Slickinfinity Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    Damn thats sad, dieing from drinking clean good refreshing water and if someone ever dies from drowning in a spoon I will seriously give up on humanity and consider our species a lost cause.

15. boylizard

boylizard Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Here is the full satire on water:

BAN DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE - THE INVISIBLE KILLER!
    Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year.
    What are the dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide?
    Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.
    Dihydrogen Monoxide Facts
    Dihydrogen monoxide:

* is also known as hydric acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
    * contributes to the Greenhouse Effect.
    * may cause severe burns.
    * contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
    * accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
    * may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
    * has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.

Dihydrogen Monoxide Alerts
    Contamination is reaching epidemic proportions!

Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today. But the pollution is global, and the contaminant has even been found in Antarctic ice. In the midwest alone DHMO has caused millions of dollars of property damage.
    Dihydrogen Monoxide Uses
    Despite the danger, dihydrogen monoxide is often used:

* as an industrial solvent and coolant.
    * in nuclear power plants.
    * in the production of styrofoam.
    * as a fire retardant.
    * in many forms of cruel animal research.
    * in the distribution of pesticides. Even after washing, produce remains contaminated by this chemical.
    * as an additive in certain junk-foods and other food products.

Stop the horror - Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide
    Companies dump waste DHMO into rivers and the ocean, and nothing can be done to stop them because this practice is still legal. The impact on wildlife is extreme, and we cannot afford to ignore it any longer!

THE HORROR MUST BE STOPPED!

The American government has refused to ban the production, distribution, or use of this damaging chemical due to its importance to the economic health of this nation. In fact, the navy and other military organizations are conducting experiments with DHMO, and designing multi-billion dollar devices to control and utilize it during warfare situations. Hundreds of military research facilities receive tons of it through a highly sophisticated underground distribution network. Many store large quantities for later use.

IT'S NOT TOO LATE!

Act NOW to prevent further contamination. Find out more about this dangerous chemical. What you don't know CAN hurt you and others throughout the world.

16. rockboy

rockboy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from jordan
    Anyonegot sth like this b4? Once i was smikung my hookah cobstantly innhale exhal inhale without taking rest so after 30 minute the bowel taste weird and i my ears start to ring and my head became heavy and i had the worst headache and i got into state of confusion so i start to panic and run and ran run and i smoked so much water and i take panadol extra and i sleep it off after 2 hour i wake and the headache slightly wear off and i drink cup of coffee and it gone so i never used my hookah for months i dont know if that got to do with it but i were smoking double apple with old (10 month old) coc based coals so i was wondwring wtf happened? Also my coals somehow smell like kerson after i light them although they are new why?