adderal,ritalin etc

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by sushigirl, Jan 1, 2006.

1. sushigirl

sushigirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    Which of the prescription based stimulants have the closest
    feeling to amphetamine sulphates ? and has anyone had
    any success in getting a doctos to write a script for it,
    by just telling him your feeling this or that, or even just suggesting
    you might need to be prescribed such a drug ?

2. Ruud

Ruud Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from The Netherlands
    I think Ritalin is most common to amfetamine sulfat, its a medicine for adhd but its not easy to get i think. I don't know how easy it's in your country to get a prescription.

I think it's easyer to get Ritalin on the black market.

3. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Adderal is probably the best one. I'm not going to tell you how to trick your doctor into perscribing it though. Awhile back I would have been inclined to, but now I think it's kinda unethical, and defeats the purpose of having a doctor. Hes not there to get you high, hes there to solve medical problems and keep you healthy, if you wanna get high, go to the street doctor.

4. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Adderall is definately the most similar. It contains a mixture of amphetamine sulphate, amphetamine phosphate, dextroamphetamine sulphate, and dextroamphetamine phosphate.

Ritalin is methlyphenidate. Although it shares some of the effects of amphetamine sulphate, it's definately not as recreational as it.

It's a lot more difficult to obtain a prescription for that you would think. Doctors are a little suspicious of people who come to them complaining of ADHD symptoms who are over 18. The doctors figure the ADHD was problematic it would have been discovered a lot earlier, and that since it is not that problematic it dosn't need a strong drug like Adderall. They are more likely to try Concerta (time release Ritalin) or the lastest drug Strattera (which is the only drug FDA approved for Adult ADHD).

However, if you learn to fake the symptoms of ADHD well, and can convince the right doctor that you have it, you should be able to obtain a prescription.

5. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    The best one would be Dexedrine, then Adderall next. I got a script for dexedrine but only because he was diagnosed with ADD at the age of 5 or 6. There really is no way to trick a doctor to write you a script, these are powerful drugs they are pretty careful with. I would say ur stuck getting them some other way. But hell, you could try i guess.

6. Stan Mar5h

Stan Mar5h Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Dexedrine has been considered the most recreational drug since the early '60s: when mod rockers in London widely used it recreationally. Adderall is very close in my opinion, I usually use them in conjunction with the other. It contains a straight mix of dextroamphetamine sulphate. Pills with straight mixtures of amphetamine are no longer produced. So, it's really a toss-up between Adderall and Dexedrine, even though adderall is most similar in chemical structure, they both have about equal recreational potential. Enjoy.

7. Stan Mar5h

Stan Mar5h Newbie

Reputation Points:
    In Los Angeles there are countless corrupt doctors in my business. I am able to get large prescriptions occasionally by slipping 3 fifties under the doctor's hand, who I have heard could "lend" me a few pills on prescription through a friend I work with. He gives a nod and returns with 3 scripts for prescription Adderall, Dexedrine, and Desoxyn. I only use Desoxyn VERY occasionally however because of it's addictive and destructive nature, about three times as bad as Dex or addys. (Desoxyn is prescription methamphetamine.)

8. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yea, basically the only way youll get desoxyn nowadays is through a corrupt doctor like that, I really dont even see any point in the drug. If normal amphetamines dont help you, methamphetamine probably wont either unless its some extreme case. I hear even dexedrine is getting hard to come by these days, I have people offering to buy his script for good money quite often, he declines. I remember even 6 or 7 years ago this stuff was all over in my area.

9. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    In reguards to the first part of the question, Adderall is the prescription amphetamine most popular in this day and age. Adderall (a racemic mix of amphetamines plus dextroamphetamine sulphate) is more commonly prescribed than any of the other pharmaceutical amphetamines, which included Dexadrine (dextroamphetamine sulphate) and Desoxyn (methamphetamine hydrochloride). Methylphenidate is sometimes considered an amphetamine even though it's more amphetamine-like than true amphetamines in my opinion. If you blindfolded me and told me to pick one, and the dosages were both high enough to be considered by me as euphoric, I wouldn't be able to tell between the two. But there's still something different about methylphenidate, IMO... and the second part of your question, i'll tell you my experiences with being prescribed amphetamines for ADHD.

I was sixteen when I tried Adderall for the first time. It wasn't anything spectacular. I didn't even think about it for a while. I could do it once a month, four times a month, or not at all in a month and be okay with it. Around the time of my first few times of trying it I was struggling with school. I just felt lazy, unmotivated. I thought of how cool it would be to have Adderall every day so I could just want to go to school. I put two and two together and talked with my parents. After a few times of talking to them, we all agreed that some sort of medicine could possibly help. Well, it took me one trip to my pedatrician, and I swear to you he was asking me if I'd rather start on methylphenidate, adderall or concerta within 5 minutes of us talking to him. It didn't take anything at all. I shook my foot a lot when we first got there and he said he noticed and that I probably had mild ADHD. Since then (I'm 18 now) I have managed to be switched from 20mg Adderall XR to 40mg then to Concerta 64mg and back to Adderall XR 30mg and so on and so on, until we ended up on my current dose. 60mg Adderall XR a day. PLUS, 20mg methylphenidate in the afternoon every day, because my parents told the doctor I needed something to keep me awake after school, just because I liked to nap in the afternoon and mom didn't like that.

Point of the story is, I think it takes a mix of genuine problematic issue that you want to deal with (lack of motivation, hell, even weight loss), a good story (such as, all your life you have suffered from a lack of focus and motivation and it's gotten to the point where you can't manage anymore with such scattered thoughts) and maybe even a theatrical first-impression for your doctor of someone who needs amphetamines plus a compassionate or just plain cool doctor. Hope this helps!

10. sushigirl

sushigirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    Hi ,

thanks for the replies - very informative...
    Excuse my ignorance being new here, but what is a SWIM ?

11. sushigirl

sushigirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    I just wanted to say as well, the reason I do take speed is because
    I genuinely cannot concentrate otherwise and am always tired - I study
    very hard and speed really keeps me focused - without it i just cant
    think and am very distracted...to the point im falling asleep after
    a few pages, even when ive had plenty of sleep.

My concern is going to a doctor and
    him thinking im just looking to use them as a high: which is definately
    not the case - when i go out speed is not the drugs of choice ever.

Maybe i do have ADHD , i woulnt be suprised at all, is there
    a way i can confirm if i have this or not.. ?

12. sands of time

Reputation Points:
    I am "someone who isn't me". Learn to use swim so you don't incriminate yourself.

If you want to find out if you have ADD/ADHD, there are a number of online questionairs you can take. Look at the web sites run by the companies that make the meds. I wouldn't trust those things though, the questions usually list behaviors that everyone does once in awhile. One would think they're agenda is to have the world taking at least some form off ADD/ADHD med.

I find out odd that one can not be sure if they have ADD/ADHD, but if you suspect you may, the best thing to do is to talk to your doctor. When I was young the doc told me I had mild ADD. The convo ended there though. I was not interested in becoming dependent to any more pills, especially ones which loose they're fun after a week, would make me loose more weight and mess with my sleep cycle. Illegal drugs do a better job of all that anyways.

13. sushigirl

sushigirl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    Also,

this has always puzzled me... I can understand being precribed
    amphetamines if you have an attention problem, but why is
    it also prescribed if you are also hyperactive - wouldnt a valium
    be better for hyperactivity ??

14. armatitumor

armatitumor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Amphetamines have a paradoxal effect on hyperactivity, although they are stimulants they act as depressants on the hyperactive user.

15. sands of time

Reputation Points:
  16. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Hyperactivity results from having depressed activity in certain regions of the brain (those related to concentration an focus). In an attempt to "wake up" these regions of the brain, other regions become hyperactive (imagination, physical acitivty). Stimulants wake up the part of the brain that is depressed ending the need to hyperactivity.

ADD is a a subtype of ADHD. It is ADHD innatentive type. The other type is ADHD hyperactive type. The cause of the symptoms is the same for both, the brain is trying to wake up regions related to concentration and focus.

17. xpr´k

xpr´k Newbie

Reputation Points:
    heh, just been reading on that site. It has a nice article about ADD symptoms in adults. Seems i fit the profile except for one thing, i'm in no way hyperactive or maybe i just dont see myself like that...

18. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    I think the primary difference between Adult ADHD and ADHD is that adults are able to control really inappropraite behavior (screaming, running around, ect...) while children with ADHD are not.

To have Adult ADHD you had to have had ADHD as a child. Most people "outgrow" their ADHD by learning how to deal with it and the fact that work is usually not as concentration intensive as school. However, in some cases the ADHD remains.

To have ADHD, the symptoms must interfere greatly with school, work, family, or socialization. Having trouble doing homework or paying attention in class is normal. For most doctors the symptoms must exceed this and create significant problems to warrant medical treatment.

The drug companies want people to believe they have ADHD or Adult ADHD so they will ask their doctors for a prescription. When people believe they have ADHD or Adult ADHD and get set on the idea that they need medication to be able to concentrate, they are less able to concentrate without it. A group of people exposed to information on ADHD provided by the drug companies would have a lot more problems concentrating than a group of people unaware of what ADHD is.

19. sidewalkpharmacist

sidewalkpharmacist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i am prescribed adderall xr for adhd but recently my psych said that there is a new study that shows prisoners and me take more to get aroused ex. a small camp fire might be enjoyable for a normal person but for me to get this same feeling i must throw a soda can full of gasoline at the fire:D and adderall internally gives me the stimulation that that my brain needs to maintain a normal baseline for stimulation. so adderall might(methods of action are not yet fully known) stimulate an adhd person internally to get him to the base line and not have extreme external behaviors it kinda brings the deficent parts of the brain up to the normal level

20. sidewalkpharmacist

sidewalkpharmacist Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i went from ritalin to adderall cuz ritalin gave me head aches and i said i had friends who took adderall and they said it worked great(and it does)