Adderall Addiction

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by gstq, Dec 10, 2006.

1. gstq

gstq Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I am no drug addict, but abuses many, many drugs -- everything but a needle thus far. He is an absolute genius; he knows it, his parents know it, and his school officials know it, but he seems to be suffering from ADHD-like symptoms. He simply can't do it. He simply cannot pass school, however he is also unable to recognize why he can't. He's repeating his courses from ninth grade for the fourth time now, and is strongly considering dropping out of school in February of 2007. He is currently running a web-development company, acting as the CEO and lead developer. His income is only about $2000 USD/month while working an hour or two per day, but had business plans plotted out to raise that to approximately $6000 USD/month.

I am considering to start doing amphetamines daily. His source offered him 15mg Adderall pills for a very low price. Although he's yet to try it, he feels as if daily Adderall use would benefit him very much, albeit being a horrible addiction.

Should SWIM go through with this, or is he about to dig himself into a whole bigger than he sees?

2. howlongisthenight

howlongisthenight Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    hmmm........Swim here uses them in an "as needed" basis. This way I dont develop much of a tolerance (they still are effective at low doses) and the chance for addiction is lessened. I would try not to come in with the mindset that I will be hopelessly addicted. Dependence on a substance is not good.

3. Darksanity

Darksanity Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM don't think You will get addicted to Adderall. I have free Adderall XR and Dexedrine from prescription and never got "addicted" to them. He can easily be off them and usually prefer being off them since it kinds of makes him emotionless. He uses those Amphetamines daily on weeks and off weekends or vacations without problem or any craving... I don't find this kind of prescribed Amphetamines very pleasurable as if they were Methamphetamine or Cocaine. Maybe it's because I have ADD.

If You thinks he has ADD why doN,t he visit his doctor to get a precription?