adderall alternative

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by cruehead, Jan 14, 2007.

1. cruehead

cruehead Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    a friend of mine at school with me has a prescription to Adderall XR and I have taken it several times over the past couple of months. I like the feeling it gives me and I use it if I need to study or just chill. But he's a few hours away now after transfering and I am looking to find a non prescription alternative. I have looked around the net and found that Kava Kava, 5-htp tryptophan, DMAE, and Focus XR have produced similar results in people. I was wondering if anyone had similar results with these or knows anything about them. Or have any other suggestions? thanks

2. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    First of all, since I know someone will say it, be careful with self-incrimination (if you have no idea what I'm talking about, re-read the rules).

Anyways Kava and 5-HTP are both herbal mood elevators, basically they give You some kind of euphoria. Adderall provides euphoria as well, but it is much more intense than anything 5-HTP or Kava could provide. If You is looking for the same feeling as Adderall he is going to have to find either more adderall or another perscription stimulant/ADHD medication (such as ritalin, concerta, or focalin).

3. katykat1975

katykat1975 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o
    Is benzedrine still available? My Granny used to rave about them.
    SWAY has searched the online pharmacies but having trouble posting to the UK.

4. katykat1975

katykat1975 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o
    Forgot to ask if Adderall & benzedrine are the same as SWAY has noticed adderall sold under the name of benzedrine?

regards

5. GForce

GForce Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Benzedrine is similar to Adderall, but not completely the same. Benzedrine and Adderall both contain racemic (half left-hand, half right-hand isomers) mixtures of amphetamine salts. However Adderall contains amphetamine and dextroamphetamine, where Benzedrine just contains amphetamine. So 10mg of Adderall would be 2.5mg of each isomer when 10mg of Benezedrine would be 5mg of left hand and 5mg of right hand amphetamine. The effects are probably very similar, being that amphetamine is a euhphoric stimulant. The addition of dextroamphetamine into Adderall definitely makes it feel different, but the general effects are pretty much the same (euphoria, stimulation, alertness). I have never tried pure amphetamine so I can't comment on how it would effect your focus though.

1. 4/5,
      Nice explination
      Sep 20, 2016