1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Adderall and Caffeine

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by AdderallJunkie102, Feb 28, 2006.

1. AdderallJunkie102

AdderallJunkie102 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Swim was wondering if Caffeine taken with Adderall will kill the body high, although Swim knows that Caffeine potentates Amphetamine he still wonders about it because it feels like less of a body high to him. Swim thinks this might be imaginary but wants to ask anyway.

2. Boomx2Brian

Boomx2Brian Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Swim doesnt see why there would be a reason for that effect. After all caffiene is another stimulent.

3. N0ly

N0ly Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    SWIM knows from experience that mixing caffeine with amphets really doesnt change much just feels like taking more to SWIM.

4. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    The addition of caffeine will made side effects of the two drugs more likely to occur. In my experience when caffeine has been taken with another stronger stimulant it resulted in dehydration, sweating / hot flashes, and stomac cramps.

5. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    caffeine shouldnt kill the adderall high, if anything it would potentiate it, since theyre both stimulants. however, they do work via different neurological pathways (adderall via dopamine, caffeine via acetylcholine, if im not mistaken). so 788.4 is probably correct in stating that the side effects may become more apparent when the two are combined, especially given the fact that caffeine affects the peripheral nervous system to a great degree. swim has personally experienced much more dry mough, profuse sweating, and agitation when the two are combined.

6. N0ly

N0ly Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    yeah SWIM doesnt think its really worth it to put them together. caffeine by its self is pretty crappy with the clay smell and taste and whatnot. SWIM sticks to one at a time.

7. TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    I still don't know who SWIM is, but I'll throw in my experiences... I take 40mg of adderall daily for ADD (thought I'd mention considering the topic of the forum). I've noticed caffeine is very harsh on me when not mixed with an equally high does of sugar: for example, soda. I have tried no-doz before, and other drinks and such that had caffeine, but no sugar. I was not looking for any high at all, but became very confrontational to anyone who was around me. Very negative for me.

8. TruthSeeker

TruthSeeker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    ok..sorry...i now know who swim is. now, any way I can edit my post?

9. DazedandConfused21

DazedandConfused21 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female from U.S.A.
    I usually get a headache if I drink caffiene with adderall and sometimes I get bad stomach cramps. Just drink water it will keep you hydrated and you will feel much better for it.

10. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    41 y/o Male from ireland
    I am sure they have moved on since they posted this over 7 years ago.
    Make sure you take note of the dates before bumping old threads and by clicking on the OPs name you can see when they were last online, back in 2006 :)

Tags: