1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Combinations - Adderall and kratom

Discussion in 'Kratom' started by Mssixty, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Mssixty

Mssixty Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have been steadily taking about 6-10 grams of green Borneo or Bali kratom per day for a few months. I have not had any negative side effects and it has no bad impact on my life. I quit a 15 mg oxycodone prescription about 8 weeks ago and have felt amazing! Looking back at my oxy use it was bad. I didn't realize what a fog I was living in and how my whole day revolved around my oxy dose.

I have a script for adderall ir 10mgs twice a day, I had not taken it in at least 5-6 months and decided to try it again because I do struggle with ADD and have an enormous amount of stresses and responsibilities in my life right now, surprisingly it has never worked better. I credit kratom to this, the negative side effects that made me stop the adderall which was mainly the intense comedown and anxiety has diminished. I take 3 grams of green vein first thing with coffee in the morning ( have 3 kids to get off to school) then at 11:00am I take 10 mgs of adderall ir then usually 2-3 hours later I take 5 mgs more of adderall then 4 frams of kratom an hour or so later.

Have any of you combined to two? I have a script for xanex for the adderall crash but I hate xanex and only take it when I absolutely can not sleep. I also do take 10mg of lexapro everyday but I don't think it does much anymore aside from kill my sex drive:( The kratom/adderall seem to be the perfect balance for my add and anxiety.

Have you tried it? At a therapeutic dose not to just get fu*cked up;)

2. Recorder

Recorder Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Greetings Mssixty,
    I too have recently discovered the wonder that is kratom, and have been taking approx. 3-7g daily for a month or so. As far as adderall goes I have used it on and off for recreational purposes and have used kratom to dull its negative side effects often. My only issue with the combination is some of the seemingly "synergized" effects of the stimulant aspect of kratom. especially with more stimulating strains like Maeng Da. but I've found if the kratom is taken later in the duration of your adderall dose, this is not an issue. Unlike you though, i prefer the canceling effects of a nice benzo for the adderall crash but in absence of that, kratom does a great job.

3. KratomTHC

KratomTHC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I had an adderall addiction at one time and I can legitimately credit it for helping me socialize and get in shape when I first started using it, but it came to be a source of anxiety for me and did me more harm than good in the long run.

Kratom helps me focus with far less anxiety and fewer negative physical side effects than adderall. I would personally never go back to taking it.

4. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Just be careful.
    Like many other drugs when you are new to them they can seem like they have no cons but with kratom if you take it in large doses or even in moderate doses every day for long enough then you can eventually lose the positive effects only to be left with negatives.
    By keeping your dose low and leaving a few days off between uses yo can ensure that this wont happen, or at least make a good effort not to.
    When your tolerance grows, which can happen to people when they use the same doses every day you might find that you need more to get the same affects. Kratom works best in smaller doses where the negative side effects do not occur, at least for many people. Less really is more in most cases.

Addiction can also be an issue and if your tolerance rises you might find yourself taking your daily dose of kratom only to keep the withdrawals at bay without getting the positive effects.

Combining it with other drugs is in many cases and experiment. We all react in our own way and while i do not believe there is a direct danger from the combination, taking them both in larger doses might come with risks.

Just keep your doses low, take breaks and monitor everything you feel.

5. WingsLikeEagles

WingsLikeEagles Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    They dont negatively interact with each other, and it's not a "harmful" combination in normal doses. Kratom takes the edge/anxiety off ADD meds, and but taking adderall and kratom close to the same time, can slightly cancel out the positive effects of kratom. Thus, leading to a desire to increase the dosage of one, the other or both. It's smart to take days of with adderall and kratom. The best thing is to make a schedule, or plan in advance times and days to take these substances.

It makes sense you wouldnt feel lexapro doing anything for you when you're taking kratom because you are essentially using the kratom to do the job lexapro is supposed to do. However, if you start taking larger or more frequent doses of adderall and kratom, it can lead to OCD tendencies/behavior and SSRIs or supposed to decrease that.

6. ianzombie

ianzombie Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o from ireland
    Hi wings.
    That's an interesting post.
    Can you give us whatever information you have on how kratom prevents escitalopram from working or how it covers up its effects and also how it can cause OCD behaviour.

7. JR6477207

JR6477207 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have combined the two. Actually did it yesterday. But I want taking the adderall to focus i was getting high. I like to combine it with kratom as I get a really nice euphoria

8. ClingClanKing

ClingClanKing Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I take adderall and kratom daily and get the positives from both without the negatives. The adderall does what it's supposed to do by allowing me to focus ect. While the kratom is unmatched at combating the cracks comedown. Having said that, as stated above it's very easy to raise doses of both considering the lack of immediate consequences (i.e comedowns from adderall and sedation from high kratom doses) from a high dose of either by itself.

I have never had any problems or issues with this combo other than obvious tolerance issues that comes with daily use.

9. rootmaster444

rootmaster444 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I just took 7.5mg of amphetamine salts, haven't touched a stim in 4 years, but i'm falling behind in my classes so i decided to give it a whirl. Also took 2 tablespoons of red/green bali mix, i normally take 3. I'm feeling great and getting my homework done easily, I was worried about too much stimulation so I got alprazolam on hand if my heart starts feeling strained.

Btw i know people are gonna say you can't accurately measure kratom by volume, well i've been doing it without problems for the last year with no problems, using every different strain from different vendors. I have a theory that measuring by volume, not weight, might be the correct way to dose kratom because i always get the same effects. Now go ahead and flame me :) I know scales are cheap i have a gemini 20 but i need to get another for kratom and weed but i spend all my money on kratom, food, and gas (weed is free!)

10. Sky416

Sky416 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'd really hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if the day comes when you stop taking Kratom with your ADHD meds,I pray you don't feel the way I currently do. Not only do my ADHD meds no longer work AT ALL without kratom, but only seem to enhance the anxiety and depression.
    All I can do is literally cry and cry as a 33 year old with the perfect job, life, wife, daughter, etc. After 2 weeks of no Kratom I can't so much as take a piss without feeling like I'm climbing Mt Everest. I'm trying to seek treatment psychologists and all that, but I can no longer focus. All I get is overwhelming anxiety and feeling stuck without Kratom. So take it for what it's worth but if you're using/abusing the 2 together you may not get away with it for 2 long. I quit the Kratom cuz I abused it until there was nothing left but staving off the withdrawal symptoms. Does anybody know what antidepressant might be paired with ADHD meds after a history of Kratom and opiate addiction? Any feedback or advice on how to hang in there without going back to what broke me in the first place would be huge.

"You'll never heal by going back to what broke you"