1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Adderall Breath

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by jduba, Apr 1, 2006.

1. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I was wondering if anyone else experiences adderall breath or bad breath after methamphetamine or just amphetamine use???? Swim used to be a meth addict and is now prescribed adderall daily and in both cases no matter how up to par his oral hygiene is/was bad breath was inevitable within 30 mins and was near impossible to get rid of. Just wondering if swim was alone on this or if there is some known issue or if he's just rotten??? Holla at me and lemme know...
    P.S. It is not a problem if there is no amphetamine/Meth use

2. sands of time

sands of time Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    I don't know why this occurs, but it does. If amphetamines or they're byproducts are expelled through sweat, this could cause a body odor of sorts. The byproducts would probably be found in significant levels in saliva too.

3. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    funny you say that b/c swim finds that with adderall there is a distinct odor (not even un pleasent) that swim gets when on his medication...and if swim decides to take a couple extra the odor is more distinct...hmmmmmmmmm? well at least addy always leads to some good sex where you can give of fuck bout the odor!

4. FrankenChrist

FrankenChrist Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from belgium
    Bad breath can be caused by a lot of things. Stomach problems, kidney problems...
    If you don't have enough saliva to continually wash the bacteria in your mouth away, I imagine that can give quite the smell.

Isn't a dry mouth one of the side effects of amphetamines?

Anyway, try to stay hydrated.

5. kemistudent

kemistudent Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    I get a very odd taste in my mouth when I take adderall. It isn't pleasant by any means and brushing my teeth only seems to help for a short period of time before it takes over again.

When taking large doses of amphetamines you will more than likely boycott food and have a empty stomach for a while. That surely contributes to the nasty taste in your mouth as your day(s) go on.

Absolutely, and it gets worse if your having wild sex and breathing more rapidly than usual. ;)

6. rideburton56

rideburton56 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Swim has never noticed this, but he is sure that next time he uses addy, he will be excessivly self aware haha. That is extremely odd though, a body odor because of a drug? Can anyone describe this? Is it like normal BO, or just a funny smell in your nose. Is it bad, overpowering deodorant or cologne?

7. sands of time

sands of time Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Many drugs and matabolites of drugs are excreted by the sweat glands. The source of this liquid is the liquid inside the body obviously, which has the drug or byproduct in it. Many substances can produce an odor this way, including even vitamins. Choline, for example, can produce a fish like odor in higher doses.

8. kemistudent

kemistudent Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    I have always wondered if this is the case with LSD. And if so, could you transfer that drug from person to person when on a high dose >10

One of those questions you ask yourself as your pet stares at you funny after you have been petting Rover for the past hour. :)

9. Boomx2Brian

Boomx2Brian Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    I think another cause is that appetite is decreased. Whenever I skip meals I always get bad breath

10. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    110 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Chew gum.....

When its flavor is lost, chew another piece.....

One thing I hate the most is people with kick ass breath....and it's usually the people that like to get up in your face and talk :eek:

11. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIM hasnt noticed this with adderall per se, but a couple times with ephedra. SWIM is guessing this may be due to dry mouth, but meth users do seem to have a characteristic aroma about their breath. Wonder if this related at all to the tooth decay extended meth use can cause.

12. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Adderall itself tastes sweet (sometimes in a nauseating sort of way), and it also seems to form a film inside the oral cavity. It's sweet like that because one of the amphetamine salts is amphetamine saccharate. Maybe that's what you're referring to, kemistudent...

13. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Fuck

...and i'm that guy!!! Not even gum will work. tried it and my best friend is sitting here laughing her ass off at me cause of it(while holding her nose) and she said my nuts are the place the odor comes from other than my mouth. WTF all i do now is bathe and shower SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE ME

14. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member

Reputation Points:
    116 y/o Male from The Netherlands
    1. Get a loan and go to the dentist. Ask for a total revision.
    2. Shave your balls
    3. Go to your Doctor and check for venereal diseases.
    4. Put a banner on your house about this to. Neon sign will do as well.

15. thatsall

thatsall Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o Male
    Get breath mints from a store that work from within, swim was on adderall for a while and this helped alot along with a high water intake. Alos make sure your getting food becuase this can cause the breath too.

16. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    alfa done 1-3...know where to get some cheap neon (or would that be under the sources thread) but on the way to the dentist yet again today peace

17. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    110 y/o Male from U.S.A.
  18. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    hahahahha thanks... ima get on that!

19. psitryp

psitryp Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Chew zinc you bastards!
    Actually zinc will bind to and neutralize the sulfurous compounds that smell and taste bad and the bad breath will just dissipate. In my country you can buy these zinc-chewy candies at the pharmacy. Well worth the money!

Edit: spelling

20. kemistudent

kemistudent Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    Also ask for free shwag. They seem to have tons of that crap at dental offices.

Agreed, a cleanly shaven rosenbag seems to help the breath a lot, more so if it's covered in razor burns. I suggest using a single bladed razor that has a bit of rust forming on that lonely blade. Skip the shaving cream completely.

Alfa, cmon man, don't give em hope. Lookey here, if you are reading this post, you have SOMETHING, don't play Sherlock Holmes and try to figure out what that something is! Just know you have something.. it could be good, it could be bad.. it's not knowing what that something is that makes this world a better place.

No argument here what-so-ever. ;)

Excellent job Alfa! = D