Adderall dependency

Discussion in 'Amphetamines addiction' started by MindMuscle, Sep 24, 2004.

1. MindMuscle

MindMuscle Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi, i have a question for anyone that is on adderall, or dexedrine. First, tolerance builds up. Do you know how to handle this, like ways to lower tolerance . I dont feel it anymore and im on like 30mg of adderall 3x daily.

Also, do those weight loss drugs like adipex are they similar to amphetamines. I just need something to boost up my add meds.

welbutrin is always a objective, but i wontder if adipex or phetermine is worth it.

mindmsucle

2. Gerard

Gerard Newbie

Reputation Points:
    are u using it for its intentional purpose or fun? if for add tolerance doesnt matter cos its just the euphoric effects that subside. if for fun the only way to lower tolerance is to take a couple of weeks or moreoff it. most weight loss drugs these days are similar to amphetamines but arn't much fun. dexamphetamine and meth used to be used but were too addictive cos theyre fun hence todays alternatives

3. nosociety

nosociety Newbie

Reputation Points:
    my advice is if you are doing aderoll for fun and not adhd STOP. I was perscribed to 30 mg of aderoll xr daily. For about 2 months i did 60-140 mg;s everyday. By the end of that i was in the hospitol off an amphetimne crash. Aderoll is not something to mess with, just because it is a medicine doesnt mean its not still esencially speed.

1. 4/5,
      An excellent and succinct reply that makes valid use of personal experience.
      May 29, 2012
  4. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Good advice from Nosociety. However, if you can, don,t stop dead unless you have very supportive people around you - as I'm sure you know, speed comedowns can be pretty grim to say the least, and dexies are after all speed that you get from the chemist! Try reducing the dose over a few weeks - 5-10mg less every few days - and try to keep yourself active. Read books, long walks, whatever it takes to keep yourself distracted. There've been good results with vitamin and mineral supplements in stimulant recovery - mega dose Magnesium seems to help stave off cravings; vitamin B complex in high doses helps the body recover,and helps keep mood stable, as does Vitamin E(and I mean the vitamin called E, notEcstasy!)- but please do some homework first! Wellbutrin again has it's problems.Like all SSRI's and related stuff it can play strange games with your head - mild psychosis, depersonalisation,anxiety,amongst others.again, do your homework!

If your prescribed meds aren't cutting it, speak to your doctor,or a pharmacist for more info.

Best of luck,and play well!

1. 5/5,
      A varied and comprehensive answer to the OP which takes into account attendant pitfalls, as well as valuable advice on distraction.
      May 29, 2012
  5. DonnieDee97

DonnieDee97 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o from Arizona, U.S.A.
    Don't Listen to people who will put you down at all. Everybody as free agency and can choose what they want to do. I Do't know personally how to lower tolerance but I think we can all agree that medicine can help and be very effectful nut w/ sideffects. I Love me some Adderal for work. Pop some work a lot its great. We just need to be careful ourselves. Good luck on findin info though!

6. hookedonhelping

hookedonhelping Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Interesting thread you pulled up from a decade ago newbie :p

With regard to adderall addiction. I am prescribed 20mg 3x day IR. When I take it, I am 100x more productive than when I don't take it. I particularly don't like to take it because I always end up doing more physical labor than my body can otherwise handle at this particular moment in life.

What I can say, is that I never feel a desire to take it after waking up each day. I take it because I have to, reluctantly. I know everyone is affected by drugs differently, but this is one medication that I find to be non-addictive after a good nights rest. While on it, yes, it is moreish, but even then, you get to a point where another pill is wasteful and doesn't seem to be effective.

Perhaps I am in a small population of users who feel this way? It would be nice to get more responses on this thread by people who are prescribed it for ADHD and if they can relate to my feelings towards dextro-amphetamine.

Now when we are referring to meth, which I have only used a few dozen occasions, those occasions were all 2-3-4 days worth of binging. Eventually when I got to sleep, the only addiction I felt to using meth again, was psychological. Adderall just doesn't have the wow factor that meth does. At least not when I take it as prescribed and not exceed (1) 20mg dose every few hours.

Maybe I am just not a fan of stimulants. On meth I nearly killed myself a few times and landed in the E.R with a heart rate of 160-170, ready to collapse, heart visually beating out my chest. On two of those occasions I collapsed in the E.R waiting room and on another I fell out the passenger side of the car at a stop sign on the way to the hospital. Perhaps that is a reason I am reluctant to abuse my medication. Back then when I used meth, I didn't have a large amount of benzo's on hand as I am prescribed today. I am sure if I did, I could have avoided each of those trips to the hospital. Perhaps the one occasion when I tried to use an Oxy Contin as a benzo after being up on a fuck fest for 3 days, malnourished, I would have used better judgement and reached for a few mg's of alprazolam instead of 40mg of oxy. You use horrible judgement when you haven't slept and been doing copious amounts of glass.

So in summary, both are psychologically addictive while on them. Neither poised any sort of physical dependence or withdrawal symptoms. Adderall use (not abuse) seems to possess neither. Meth, slight psychological dependence after a binge, but usually not for a day or two of getting plenty to eat and enough sleep.

Obviously a lot of people have problems with meth, but are they daily users, or binge users? Do they take a break for a day or two in between binges or use for days, sleep, then wake up and use? I would be interested in hearing people with experience with either, or both of these drugs.

Now when it comes to MDPV, I need a whole new thread to cover that stimulant and I was indeed psychologically addicted no matter how much sleep I got.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  7. 5-HT2A

5-HT2A Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Alright first of all this thread is over 10 years old. You apparently registered just to post this.

I think that the level of use he described is quite high. 20mg XR taken at 8am in the day would have me quite stimulated with out tolerance. I couldn't sleep for 16+ hours. 30mg 3x/ day is quite high. That amount would have me so high I could fuck a horse 30 times.

If you want to deal with tolerance, you are going to have to taper down your use. Like it or not, we can not at present override our own biology.

8. Gimpy

Gimpy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    At first I thought I knew how to handle Adderall, but as months passed I could barely notice it anymore. Feeling depressed and fatigued, I scheduled another appointment with my doctor- Repeat. I never knew I could be so tired with Adderall, taking 70mg IR daily. I some to get out of bed, I need some to socialize, I need it to be intelligent; literally, I am a dopey fucking idiot without it. The weird part of it all is that even though it's ruining me mentally and physically, I don't want to stop taking it. Isolated, spending countless hours playing xbox and making stupid repetitive drawings. I should have stuck with Wellbutrin (bupropion) while I had the chance, I was just afraid of it because apparently it can lower your seizure threshold and I'm an epileptic. I'm not sure about the other drugs you mentioned, but some I've been put on are methylphenidate, lisdexamfetamine and Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine), which is pretty much just Adderall without it's left-handed isomer levoamphetamine. I'd have to say all of them worked for me except for methylphenidate, but everyone is different.