Adderall Help

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by samru, Dec 26, 2006.

1. samru

samru Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hey Guys-
    so i've been on 10mg a day of adderall for the past few months and it has really seemed to have helped me. In general, i feel better and am able to actually get things done, where as before everything seemed like a huge task. anyway, i ran out of my Rx and my doctor is away on vacation until the 4th which is when i will be seeing her. i thought i would be ok without it for a few days but am having a pretty hard time getting through the day. does anyone have any suggestions on what i might be able to do to get through the next few days without it? i would really appreciate any advice. This is the first time i have ran out of it so i don't really know how to deal with it.

Thanks so much!

2. howlongisthenight

howlongisthenight Newbie

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    l-tyrosine is a precursor to dopamine and dopamine related chemicals and can be found at a pharmacy as an otc supplement.
    caffine can always be used as a stimulant. dont laugh at it just because its common, it will get them job done. There are some products formulated to be alternatives to adderall. Examples would be elevra, jumpstart, focus, stresstabs, etc. These can be found in pharmacies and online.

3. DrMuffy

DrMuffy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Well if You has ADHD (which is most of the time what adderal is prescribed for) he shouldn't be using stimulants to much. Stimulants can cause short attention spans (which is the last thing you need) so caffeine probably wouldnt be too good. Sometimes SWIdr uses L-Tyrosine to help me sleep, but it has many uses, so it might be able to help. SWIdr suggests thats You talks to a local physician and tell him your predicament and fax him you's records that show You was prescribed adderal and he should give You a short script for it. Of course docs can be a little iffy prescibing amphetamines to strangers, but if the records show it, and a request for a short script should help them come to their senses and help You in his predicament.

4. blinkKDX

blinkKDX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    34 y/o
    take a break from it...you dont need it everyday. when one takes addy for extended periods of time you soon have to start boosting up your dose, and before you know it your taking 60mg a day and not feeling it.

be tough and take a break. your body will thank you for it later.