Adderall in adolescents

Discussion in 'Pharmacology' started by botas, Feb 13, 2007.

1. botas

botas Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have just finished his first semester as a freshman in college, and has been taking adderall since he was a sophomore in high school he thinks. I believe he heard something about the possible consequences of amphetamines in children and adolescents and would like to know about the safety of adderall at a therapeutic daily dose of about 20 mg. if taken only as prescribed (and the occasional... "study session"), would I be fine?

2. botas

botas Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Re: Adderall in antidepressants

damn... swim just realized he wrote down adderall in antidepressants as the title of the thread. sorry lol, he was just reading an article on SSRI's. he meant adderall in adolescents

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  3. noHope

noHope Newbie

Reputation Points:
    55 y/o
    I think reduced creativity, motivation, and increased risk of psycosis are reported psychological effects in long-term users.

Adderall is an amphetamine, taken in high enough dosages you
    will experience similar side effects of other amphetamine users.

4. botas

botas Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    yes, swim understands this much. but will the normal therapeutic dose affect someone if taken over a LONG period of time? I takes 20 mg xr adderall every day. he has been taking this for about 5 years he thinks, and still takes it (maybe longer than 5 years)

5. Bildo

Bildo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    The affects would definatly be accumulative. It would be a good idea to think about having periods without addy every few months or so.

6. noHope

noHope Newbie

Reputation Points:
    55 y/o
    If you begin to feel schizo or Parkinson's-like, see a doctor.

7. izzy31

izzy31 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from turkmenistan
    I wouldn't worry about it because if something was going to happen, You probably would've experienced it when You first began using it.