1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.

Adderall + Inderal?

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by methyl, Nov 22, 2005.

1. methyl

methyl Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Nov 22, 2005
    To start off,I took between 60mg - 90mg of Adderall yesterday throughout the whole day.I didn't get an ounce of sleep last night, whichwas to be expected.

Now,SWIM's coming downfrom the Adderall andI plan not to take any today, tomorrow, or the next day(Thanksgiving). Today,SWIM's heart isracing andI feel a bit agitated(Also to be expectedas thecomedown effects).I was wondering ifit's wise to take some Inderal to help counteract the racing heart andthe agitation.

*[For those of you who do not know what Inderal is: Inderal(propranolol) is a Beta-Adrenergic Receptor Blocking Agent.

Propranolol is a non-selective beta-adrenergic receptor blocking agent. It has no other autonomic nervous system activity. Propranolol is a competitive antagonist which specifically competes with beta-adrenergic receptor stimulating agents for available beta-receptor sites.

When access to beta-adrenergic receptor sites is blocked by propranolol, the chronotropic, inotropic, and vasodilator responses to beta-adrenergic stimulation are decreased proportionately.

No recreational value what-so-ever.

SOURCE: http://www.mentalhealth.com/drug/p30-i02.html]*

ConsideringI haven't touched Adderall today, I thought it may be ok to take Inderal today after an Adderall binge(which was yesterday) to help with the racing heart and the agitiation.[​IMG]

Your thoughts on this combination?
  2. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Oct 16, 2005
    from U.K.
    Will deal with tachycardia and physical symptoms of anxiety. Could cause fall in blood pressure/collapse. Not recommended if you have diabetes or periperal vascular disease (or want to have sex: B-blockers are a common cause of impotence). Keep to recommended dosage, you don't want to develop heart-block and need a trip to the hospital (!)Propranolol is a relatively short acting b-blocker (check to see whether it says modified release on the packet) so you might need to re-dose after about 8 hours.
  3. Dreamscape

Dreamscape Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Nov 1, 2005
    36 y/o
    So I am to assume it is a fairly safe combination? I have done this many times, usually during the comedown but also sometimes at the same time. Doses have been 50-60mgs of Adderall at most.
  4. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Jun 25, 2005
    from U.S.A.
    Swim dose the same thing all the time with sotalol and betapace, never tried the one you mentioned but sounds like safe ( as safe as taking a heart medication with a cns stimulant can be) good luck!