Adderall Phobia

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by addicted2hc, Jan 5, 2006.

1. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    So... first time I took adderoll xr it was the nicest upper he had to date. The second time I went to do it, he ended up staying awake for two days and had a horrible stomach ache. I thought he was going to die. Now I am afraid to try it again, but tomorrow is going to go out on a limb to do it again.

What can be done to prevent stomach aches?

2. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Eat something before you take it, and don't skip meals. Try to eat something light for lunch, and a smaller portioned dinner. When you feel like you are comming down, eat some food. Dont forget to drink something during the day to. If you eat a decent amount of food, the come down won't be so bad, and it will probably help your stomach aches.

3. Possessed

Possessed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    Although I agree with eating something beforehand not eating and excercising before can reduce the extreme alertness. However this is very risky healthwise so probably not best to do. If you're going to do anything diet wise taking vitamins and steering clear of caffiene and stimulant type drinks would probably be a good idea. Once it's all over flushing your system with a sensible quantity of water and taking more vitamins and nutrients would be a plan.

Weed can usually take the edge of things / knock you down enough to go to sleep as for solving your stomach ache it may be helpful as it is with a lot of other substances however I've never been in that situation before so I can't really say how effect it would be.

It's good to remember that this may have been a one off occurance and lots of things could have caused this such as MAOIs and all that kind of thing, although if it happens again perhaps stay clear of this stuff, eh?

4. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thanks for all the input guys. Things went well. Although I had arough case of cottonmouth and no matter how much liquids were drank, nothing helped it. Still going on right now, suggestions?

5. Possessed

Possessed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o
    Orange juice (the smooth kind) drank slowly and savoured in the mouth usually clears up my cotton mouth, although water usually makes it worse for me for some reason!

Glad it went well, knew there was nothing to be worried about =)

6. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    What do you mean by the smooth kind? no pulp or what? I was thinkin doin it again, but the cotton mouth was enough to kill em. Plus the fact he kept flickin his tongue around and makin weird faces. :crazy

7. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM also gets drymouth on amph usually, sometimes he doesnt. What pisses him off the most is the lower back pain it causes and it drys out his nose/sinuses soo much that it can be pretty sore and very irritated and sometimes bleed (note: he doesnt snort the amph).

8. addicted2hc

addicted2hc Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM noticed that similar nose pain as well. It felt like he was breathing in sand or something small and sharp. Just hurt. The whole dry mouth thing really pisses me off. I tried drinking tons of water to stop it, but that didnt help at all, just made SWIM piss like 20 times in 8 hours.

9. bcStoner420

bcStoner420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yea dry mouth is a bitch, try drinking something sugary, it makes a sort of "thicker" and stickier saliva that sticks around longer, i think thats what possessed was getting at. Also try chewing gum, that usually helps ALOT.

10. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Id have to say chewing gum is the best way to go. It stimulates salivation naturally lubricating your mouth, as opposed to trying to artificially do it with water and other drinks.

11. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM always gets a dry mouth while on Adderall. Also, SWIM's lips usually get chaped and hurt the next day. But hey, SWIM's not complaing, it's worth it!

12. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    gum is definatly good for dry mouth. I personally will sometimes pop a dip in my mouth or get a pouch of redman and chew on that. Really stimulates the salvation glands.