Adderall v. Ritalin Tolerance

Discussion in 'Concerta & Ritalin' started by lolomgwtfbbq, Feb 5, 2005.

1. lolomgwtfbbq

lolomgwtfbbq Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A friend of mine needs to know if having a tolerance to Ritalin will give him a tolerance towards Adderall (and visa versa).

He was thinking of taking Adderall day 1, Ritalin day 2, nothing day 3, and repeating that cycle.

He would be taking low doses of Adderall and Ritalin.

Technically he is on each medication for 1 day then off it for 2.

However he is worried that Adderall and Ritalin are so similar that this will result in a tolerance to both medications.</font>

2. lolomgwtfbbq

lolomgwtfbbq Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Sorry to double-post, but I forgot to add something/the edit button isn't showing up for me.

He also wants to know if having a tolerance to Adderall will give him a tolerance to Desoxyn (methamphetmine).

</font>

3. Interdrummer

Interdrummer Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from brazil
    it's a good question. anfetamines are known to have a cross-tolerance, but methylphenidate isn't a anphetamine, even classified as. Ritalin is more similar to cocaine, and it's known that exist cross-tolerance between rit and coke. The two inhibits the dopamine to be reabsorbed through the synapsis, while the anphetamines increase the levels of this neurotransmissors. It's like comparing coke and meth, I personaly think that there is not a physical cross-tolerance.

Interdrummer added 4 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

I forgot a been. EVEN BEEN CLASSIFIED AS
    sorry my english

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009