1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Effects - Adderall Vs. Concerta

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by herbalpatrick, Feb 27, 2009.

1. herbalpatrick

herbalpatrick Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have access to both Adderall and Concerta for recreational use. I am wondering the benefits of both (having tried both but is looking for another opinion). I am looking for an anti-depressant effect, for he suffers from mild depression, also I am looking for a boost in study abylities and a boost of energy with the least chance of bad insomnia. Bother Adderall (20mg non-XR) and Concerta (2x 52mg XR) have been used, but in different enviroments. Swim likes Adderall very much, having tried it only once, in a school enviroment and got alot of his work done and had alot of fun with his friends along with a very nice uplift in mood. Swim also did Concerta (108mg XR) while working at his beachhouse. I didn't recieve the same uplifting effects from it, but painted more than half his beachhouse in record time with no break, but recieved pretty bad insomnia from both. Also looking for dosage reccomendations, and if its possible to get concerta in a NON-XR state from XR pills... to possibly recieve a more speed-like effect.

2. laws0n

laws0n Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Re: Adderall Vs. Concerta For Swim

Adderall and Concerta will relieve yous depression for the time being but when he crashes he will feel more depressed than before, its a common side effect, things that shouldnt be a big deal at all become the biggest deal ever.

SWIM wont even touch concerta, perfers adderall, the generics instead of the XRs because the XRs last too long and SWIM cant get to sleep at night.

3. riaahacker

riaahacker Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    28 y/o from U.S.A.

Stimuants are very good for short term relief from depression but the crash and long term effects make it not a very good option for long term relief. Recreationally people tend to see amphetamine as the more recreational of the two, more neurotransmitter release (dopamine, noradrenaline, serotonin) and this causes more euphoria and recreational effects. Methylphenidate lasts shorter and only inhibits reuptake of dopamine and noradrenaline to a lesser extent than amphetamine does, swim sometimes prefers this as he can sleep off the crash and with amphetamine its like he's forced to stay awake. All in all it depends on what I am looking for. Amphetamine tends to last longer with more euphoria, methylphenidate has less euphoria less insomnia and appetite supressant effects and lasts shorter.

4. Alexander_Praves

Alexander_Praves Silver Member

Reputation Points:

As far as the combination of an anti-depressant effect and a boost goes, I would advice a blend of Concerta and Wellbutrin (although he wouldn't advise the latter in the case of a heavy depression, in that case Serlain would be the way to go).

To bypass the XR I give you:
    HTML:
    http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b365/MsChrispy/Videos%20Finished/?action=view&current=Concerta.flv
    Works like a charm. I prefer to let them sit under my tongue for a while (say 10 minutes) after which I swallow the remaining bit. It gives quite a euphoric rush for about an hour or so (SWIM actually had mild laugh kicks) and works for a total of 3-4 hours. Personally, however, I've never had much fun with concerta as a purely recreational drug, but to each his own, I suppose. Also, I have a 120 mg limit, by that time he gets heart palpitations, shortness of breath and starts to act... well... a bit weird. Lastly, I have noticed, as wel as a few of his mates, that chances of these ridiculous red spots appearing increase greatly when combing Concerta with speed.

Unfortunately, I have never tried Adderall (to do list). Hope this helps, though.

5. herbalpatrick

herbalpatrick Newbie

Reputation Points:

Thats a great idea, i will try this.

6. Princess

Princess Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I find that Dexedrine and Concerta boost SWIM's mood more than other stimulants. Dexedrine gives SWIM the best euphioria, but an intense comedown. Dexedrine's euphoria is stronger than Concerta's.

7. Chrispy

Chrispy Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Well, I found that Concerta was amazing for her for the HIGH... made her feel completely euphoric, tingle EVERYWHERE, made her mind race a mile a second, and made her sex drive sky rocket. But she couldn't focus or do anything productive on the Concerta (because her mind was racing so fast). Also, she didn't get any more energy on the Concerta. Probably because of the lack of sleep from taking it. So if you're looking for a better HIGH, I said to take the Concerta.

When I took Adderall she was VERY productive, could concentrate and focus better than ever, had (a little) more energy, and was very calm/peaceful/content. She could work on one thing, no matter how boring, for hours and hours. Still couldn't sleep. But the bad part was no matter how much Adderall she took, it just did NOT make her feel HIGH. Didn't even give her a buzz. It just made her feel... I don't know...... NORMAL. I think the Adderall is better for exams, focusing, staying up all night, and schoolwork.

They both have their advantages and dissadvantages. But SWIM preffers Concerta over Adderall any day. She took way LESS Concerta and got a hellofalot HIGHER with that than she did with a BUNCH of Adderall. But they effect everyone differently. That's just how it worked on SWIM.