1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Effects - Adderall vs. street amphetamine (not meth)

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by I<3Salvia, Jan 26, 2010.

1. I<3Salvia

I<3Salvia Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Hey guys I am searching around but he can't find a definitive answer to this question, perhaps he's not asking it right. I am wondering how the effects of Adderall compare to street amphetamine (L-amphetamine? Is that right?) along with an explanation of what type of amphetamine (D, L, etc.) is most commonly found on the streets for recreational use excluding Meth.

He's wondering how the duration, mood, side effects, usefulness (besides fun), comedown, and dosage compare. Thanks!

2. DecoyPencil

DecoyPencil Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    In my hamster's experience, the most common "street amphetamine" (assuming that one does not count methamphetamine) is amphetamine sulfate. He says that this form is much more common in Europe though, as meth tends to dominate the street market in the US. But the hamster says he was able to find regular old amphetamine sulfate on a few occasions in the US. As far as he knows, the most common method used on the street to produce amphetamine sulfate is a reduction from P2NP, which results in a racemic mixture, meaning 50% d-amphetamine and 50% l-amphetamine.

Adderall on the other hand is about 76% d-amphetamine and 24% l-amphetamine. It is made up of a mixture of dextroamphetamine saccharate, amphetamine aspartate monohydrate, dextroamphetamine sulfate USP and amphetamine sulfate USP.

Of the two isomers, d-amphetamine is the more desirable one. So, based on the above ratios, it appears that Adderall would produce a better experience than pure amphetamine sulfate found on the street (again, assuming methamphetamine is not included). My hamster can vouch for this with his personal experience, as he did find a given dose of Adderall more enjoyable, and even a bit longer lasting than the equivalent dose of street amphetamine, although not by a massive margin. In fact, there is a study suggesting that Adderall has a greater effect on dopamine release than similar doses of racemic amphetamine or even d-amphetamine alone.

So all in all, my hamster would say that when comparing the effects of Adderall with those of street amphetamine, Adderall is the winner. Again, not by a massive margin, but the difference is noticeable in hamster's opinion. One also has to take into account any "cutting agents" used by dealers to cut their amphetamine as this could further reduce its effects.

DecoyPencil

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  3. I<3Salvia

I<3Salvia Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim thanks you very much for the answer. He's been confused with all these L-'s, and D's, being thrown in front of amphetamine, and everyone seems to have a different idea of what the strength of each is. This helps clear things up a bit.