1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP

Combinations - adderall xr and tramadol

Discussion in 'Tramadol' started by chamfan93, Oct 24, 2010.

1. chamfan93

chamfan93 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    the other day swim who takes 60mg of adderall xr and drinks coffee on a daily basis took 200mg of tramadol at around 4p.m. I was ok but he wonders if he will be ok if he tool 300mg of tramadol along with the adderall and coffee if he takes them roughly around the same time one morning say around 7 a.m.

chamfan93 added 1 Minutes and 53 Seconds later...

sorry for the double post guys, im new to this sight and messed up typing something

chamfan93 added 2 Minutes and 1 Seconds later...

maybe a mod could delete this one? once again sorry for the double post

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  2. Raw-Beets

Raw-Beets Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would say to be really careful combining tramadol and strong stimulants. Tramadol could have some odd interactions with stimulants due to its serotonergic/noradrenergic action. I would keep the amphetamine and tramadol separate.

3. chamfan93

chamfan93 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    well what if I has built up a high tolerance to adderall xr since he has been taking it for over 4 years?

4. JaWaH

JaWaH Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Dammit SWIM typed up a long post and it didn't go through. To sum it up quickly, don't do that combo because of the risk of seizures.
    Some info from a drug interaction website:

You can also do some searches and see where others have made the mistake.

5. Jasim

Jasim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    That is a high dose of tramadol regardless of any tolerance. Being a prodrug, tramadol can take up to four hours to come on full effect. This combination, particularly with the doses stated, is not safe enough to recommend attempting.

6. mr op8

mr op8 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Absolute no-no.
    I have combined these 2 before. He is very experienced with each substance by itself, but just 15mg Adderall (IR) and 50mg tramadol taken together made him sick as a dog.

His face was white as a ghost, extreme nausea, vomiting, abnormally fast heart-rate, sweating non-stop, stomach pains, pounding headache, couldn't eat.... and on and on. This lasted about 24 hours + after a single dose if this combo.

Maybe I am just sensitive to this combo, but it was certainly very bad for him and probably would be bad for others too.

There is a real danger of serotonin syndrome from combining these too. Thinking back to SWIM's symptoms when he mixed adderall and tramadol, it could have actually been serotonin syndrome... who knows... but anyway, don't take this combo!

Try mixing some ephedrine with the tramadol (instead of Adderall) -- SWIM never had a problem with that, and the 2 synergize very well. Very pleasant experience. Or, on the other hand, You could try mixing the adderall with another opiate (not tramadol). Just some thoughts.

7. Sassy88

Sassy88 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My pet ferret concurs with previous posters....just to be safe it's probably not a good idea. And really, tramadol tends to give most people that slight speedy-revved up feeling by itself, so taking adderall with it might be a waste.

8. lilimomo

lilimomo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Watch mixing tramadol w/ other drugs. Took tramadol and am on a daily dose of prozac 20 mg daily and had a seizure. pretty scary, tramadol is a bizarre drug.

9. totallyadd13

totallyadd13 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    My pet badger would like to preface the following with that fact that he does not recommend the use of tramadol as a recreational drug due to the high liability for seizures in high doses, and ridiculous addiction potential. However, my pet badger also takes 60mg of adderall xr daily, with a 10mg instant release in the afternoon. At about noon, my pet badger took 200mgs of tramadol while already having consumed the 60mgs of xr at 9am. This is not a good idea because the seizure threshold is lowered when a combination like this is ingested. However, my pet badger became incredibly tired and somnelant and relaxed, slightly euphoric and incredibly comfortable while sitting on a couch. The effects lasted from 2pm till around 7pm, and he fell asleep soon after. He did not experience any ill effects whatsoever, however THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE COMBO IS SAFE. Tramadol and adderall are both metabolized/exhibit their pharmacologic effects differently from person to person. Tramadol is not something to take lightly, just read reports about the withdrawl. Not to mention that seizures are unpredictable and can happen after multiple good experiences. Be safe, and welcome to DF (I'm a newbie myself)