Adderall XR - How long?

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by RealGanjaMan, May 4, 2006.

1. RealGanjaMan

RealGanjaMan Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    How long does adderall XR last for you?
    What about if You crushed it up, then how long?

I am asking because he took 60mg of finely crushed up beads at around 12:00pm - 12:30pm the effects lasted throughout the day and well into the night. He went to a reggae concert with some friends, and came back around 2:30am. I took 3 tylenol PM's, and then tried to get some sleep. As soon as he lay down, he realized that it was not going to be possible. I thought taking the Amph so early would not interfere with his sleep. He decided to get up and do some artwork while waiting for the tylonal PM to absorb. About an hour after ingesting them, he started to feel tired, and craved sleep. He lay down, and once again, he found he would not be able to sleep (even though he felt tired). He really wanted sleep, so he just lay there in bed. It was now about 4:30am. He thought eventually he would fall asleep. By 5:30am, he realized sleep was out of the question, allthough the tylonal PM kicked in and he was to tired to get out of bed. This is the weird part. It's now about 5:45 - 6:00am, and SWIM still hadn't slept. He was looking around his bedroom, and he noticed that he was actually getting some open eye hallucinations. Nothing big, just the cieling seemed to be ever so slowly twisting, and he kept seeing flickers of colored light out of the corner of his eye that werent there. SWIM figured this must be from sleep deprivation (what else could it be?). Well SWIM ended up just lying in bed waiting for sleep untill about 9am when he decided it was too late, he might as well just start his day.

SWIM only took 60mg of Adderall, which he crushed into a fine powder and parachuted. This was at 12:00 in the afternoon. Now this seems a little weird to me, what about you?

Also, This isn't my first time with Amph,
    but I am definatly not experianced with it at all.

Thanks,
    -RGM

2. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Everyone reacts differently to amphetamines. Personally i was prescribed adderall when i was in highschool and the normal prescribed dose, if i can remember correctly 20mg non-time release, taken in the morning upon waking would keep me up for that day, the whole night, and the next day. Needless to say i stopped taking it because of my odd reaction.

Crushing the XR beads should disable the time realease function. maybe next time try a lower dose.

3. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    I found adderall to last a very long time. He would often take them to study around 4:00 pm and he would not be able to go to sleep until around the same time the next day. The effects wore off before then but sleep normally was not possible until about 20 hours after injestion. I find the adderall comedown worse than a meth comedown and it does not seem like this was an isolated reaction. Many people report worse comedowns from adderall.

60mg is a pretty big dose you should think about lowering it next time. 30mg kept SWIM awake for toooo long.

4. pwdrfrk

pwdrfrk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have used benzos to help with that. take a few vals and pass out.

5. RealGanjaMan

RealGanjaMan Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Alright cool, because SWIM's doc actually was considering prescribing him xanax ontop of the adderall. I will probably go get them soon.

It's amazing how benefecial sleep can be to your body. When SWIM forced himself out of bed that morning, he felt like total shit. He took a shower, and still felt like shit. He then decided to watch some T.V. untill something better came up. I was about halfway into some movie, and all the sudden this wave of fatigue came over him. His eyelids became heavy and the next thing he knew he was asleep. When he woke up, he looked at the clock and to his amazement it had only been 4 or 5 minutes. The funny thing is, I felt totally refreshed. He felt like he just had some warm milk and a nice 8 hour sleep. This feeling of refreshment carried on through the whole day, quite interesting really. SWIM later talked to his amph-head friend about this who called this sort of thing a "Tweeker Nap".

-RGM

6. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    Yea its always good to have a stock pile of benzos when you are fucking with any type of amphetamine.

7. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Just be careful. Dont abuse the xanax if your going to need it for sleep after the adderall. tolerance develops very very quickly. One day 4mg will be perfect the next day 20mg will do nothing. use it only as directed if your still taking the addrall, otherwise youll end up sleepless, wired, and without any xanax to ease you to sleep. Just some friendly advice from a SWIM that knows from experience.

8. RealGanjaMan

RealGanjaMan Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yes I don't plan to abuse the Xanax, or really use it recreationally at all. He's always loved benzos, but he finds it just too hard to control his use when taking them recreationally, so he stopped. I am quite confident in his ability to use it as a sleep aid however.

Thanks for your concern,
    -RGM

9. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I find adderall takes about an hour or two to kick in and then it lasts a good 6 - 8 hours depending on how much he has been taking and how tired he is.

Taking multiple XRs can get swim through a 30 hour study session for finals though. (probably would take around 3)