1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Other - Adderall XR & urine tests.

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by thisisforkeeps, Oct 12, 2012.

1. thisisforkeeps

thisisforkeeps Newbie

Reputation Points:
    27 y/o Female from U.S.A.
    I'm an opiate addict and have plans on getting on suboxone to help kick my addiction. When I went into the suboxone clinic the first time, they wanted to do a urine drug test. I couldn't pee with someone watching me, haha, and the doctor wasn't gonna be in for two more weeks. So I rescheduled. Anyway, I took the urine test home with me just for curiosity to see what would show up. I'm prescribed Adderall XR, 60mg/daily that I take as prescribed. I was under the impression that Adderall XR showed up as amphetamines on drug tests but the test showed up 100% negative for amphetamine but positive for cocaine. Is it possible the Adderall XR could have been the cause of this? I'm an opiate addict, I don't typically mess with uppers like cocaine. And I'm just confused as to how and why this happened. Any suggestions or ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2017
  2. Keiyentai

Keiyentai Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o Male from Washington State
    I have read reports that Adderall sometimes depending on the test can/will show up as Cocaine instead of Amphetamines for some reason. As long as you have a valid script and can show your Dr (if its a different Dr who manages your Suboxone) I don't see how it should be a problem.