Adderall XR wtf is going on

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by fizzle, Jul 7, 2006.

1. fizzle

fizzle Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    Aight guys. I had a problem. He is pretty new to pills, been experimenting with them for a month or so. I have tried xanax up to 5mg, valium 15mg, ambien 10mg and the newest one adderall xr. He has a constant source for them. Doesnt have ADD or ADHD, just doing them for recreation. THC free for over a month (used 2 years straight), drinks on occasion, is perscribed to Paxil (paroxetine)for social anxiety at 37.5 mg per day but starting today is back down to 25mg. He hates paxil for its many drug interations, but doesnt see adderall as one to be weary of. Acid doesnt work for him now that hes on Paxil, unfortunate since it was his favorite drug up until a few months ago when he started paxil. He cant do DXM or tramadol due to ssri properties. He feels like a lot of drugs cannot be used now due to paxil. Although it sucks since drugs are a big part of his life, paxil has worked great for him, so continue he must. Anyways, on to the point.

He has tried numerous times in numerous ways to get something from adderall. Since it is XR, the beads have been broken up into a fine powder and snorted, crushed and put in a small shot of water, ate the beads and crushed with teeth, and just taken the pill as normal. He has done from 10 to 70mg and cant get a decent high at all, in fact he barely notices any effects. If anything it is hard to get to sleep, maybe more concentration, but nothing too much beyond baseline. What gives? Is it possible for someone to not be able to be affected by adderall? perhaps ritalin is a better choice? Very confusing and kind of upsetting. He got a bunch for college coming up but thought they would work better than they did. Upping the dose doesnt seem like a great idea, but he has no idea on what a safe dosage is. Any help or comments are much appreciated.

2. old hippie 56

old hippie 56 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Are you sure you don't have ADHD? The way you described the effects what lead swim to that question. It might be the paxil working against it also.

3. fizzle

fizzle Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from USA
    I had never been tested for it, and if anything he is a super chill person, shy even, which is why hes on paxil. no reson to suspect it and after 19 years. what are the chances that he didnt know he had it?

4. 788.4

788.4 Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    70mg is a lot for someone without a tolerance. How long have you been taking it? For most non tolerant users 70mg (crushed oral) would be a very uncomfertable experience.

There isn't reason to suspect it. I don't know why the other poster thought so....

If you have anxiety I wouldn't recomend messing around with stimulants because they can make it much worse.

5. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    Paroxetine can block very effectively MDMA action, so it is possible it also does with amphetamines.

When I was on paxil he didn't get any effects after snorting a few lines of speed, but he's never had a great high with amphetamines. Not even before paxil.

I have ADHD and has never been treated with amphetamines neither ritalin.

Also I has found coke to be very enjoyable when on paxil.

6. jesusfreak666er

jesusfreak666er Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I take prozac (ssri like paxil) daily but still gets quite nice effects from adderall. think about this if one was to take 70mg xr at once uncrushed its only 35mg on imidiate contact then another 35mg later (5hr) but still thats a high enough dose to get something, I think if you dont get anything from that high of a dose addy just isnt for ya.

7. Shwags

Shwags Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    38 y/o from U.S.A.
    Well I was recently diagnosed with ADD (not ADHD) and I am also a super chill person that isn't shy but is somewhat reserved, thats what ADD is, its extremely different then ADHD, just letting you know that. Anyway, not noticing any affects from Adderal even when doing up to 70 mg is extremely suprising. 70 mg is a very large amount, I am perscribed 20 mg XR per day, and when i have a lot of shit to do or loing day of work or somthin I double up and take 40 mg and that gives me a strong affect practically all day. Maybe you should try non XR, jus the regular pills. They have shorter lasting, slightly more intense affects. The Adderal high in general is a more controlled subtle high that some people might not recognize, but doing the amounts you did you definitely should have been wired up...

8. weedzilla3335

weedzilla3335 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    43 y/o
    My sister was my guinea pig for this drug. She is on several different scripts for different anxieties and depressions. She is now feeling nice. She is laughing and hyper. Think I will go next let you know soon.

9. oxyholic91086

oxyholic91086 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I dont think it's the paxil because he takes 40mg daily and still gets euphoric after taking adderall although he does notice he has to take more than the average person to get high off of it. but then again that's probably just his tolerance and because he weighs 205lbs.

10. izzy31

izzy31 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from turkmenistan
    I think I know whats going on here -(i could be wrong)

I've been experiencing a similar feeling with effexor - distortion of reality and logical thinking. Confusion, outbursts of anger, paranoia, ect.

The way it reacts with other drugs can be negative, because the state of confusion makes it hard to feel something that stems from our otherwise normal perception -

its hard to understand, especially when your in that confused state right now-

11. 4chanspy

4chanspy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I am experiencing the exact same thing as OP

swim doses and doesn’t really feel anything except maybe a few minutes of speediness but REALLY its nothing special. it actually kinda sucks.

swims had ritalin and i can get really REALLY high from it. 40mg and ill be tweaking like crazy. maybe i have something in my brain that makes me unaffected by adderall. we might have the same thing, in that case, go with the ritalin.

swims asking his doctor in a week to switch him back to ritalin instant release.