Adverse effects or laced?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by StigmataLectron, Feb 8, 2006.

1. StigmataLectron

StigmataLectron Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Hi, last night I got very high off of a dimebag, because he doesn't get to smoke that often (last time was at least a week or two ago). Even though the bag was split between two others, I got some very nice effects, including opium-like feelings and closed-eye visuals, believe it or not. I'm guessing it's just because I was reading up on the What is smoking Opium like? thread.

Are effects like this normal? I could swear that there's patterns noticable in his field of vision anyway because of all the DXM and Salvia use, but how to explain the rush of opiates? SWIM just sat on the chair smiling, and feeling like he was going to pass out because he kept forgetting to breathe - something I've heard happens a lot on opiates. However, nobody else he smoked with experienced these, and in fact everyone else came down a long time before he did. Is there something wrong with swim, or is this something to be proud of?

2. Creeping Death

Creeping Death Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Either it was laced with heroin, or it was just really good shit. Since your friends have no reason to trick you into taking heroin, and then not tell you about it, it was probably good shit.

Opiates dont make you hallucinate, and strong indica stuff will make you feel kind of opiaty some times.

3. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Sounds like good pot and an occasional smoker. Almost makes me want to quit again for a while. =)

4. sands of time

sands of time Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    What you described does not sound out of the realm of marijuana. Also, the fact that You has a small tolerance obviously had a big impact on the experience.

5. Jatelka

Jatelka Psychedelic Shepherdess Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I don't smoke much at all, maybe twice a month (if that). She can hallucinate like mad off 2 spliffs (less if she's had more than a glass of wine).

6. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Six of one, half a dozen of the other. The weed could have been laced but there's really very little way of knowing. I'd have to see and smoke it myself.

7. Sickman

Sickman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Probably just good stuff and your low tolerance. When I hasn't smoked in a month or two it's amazing how little weed can get swim nice and toasty -- a small bowl or even less.

8. StigmataLectron

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    I guess I could assume that what he smoked was some really good shit in combination with a lowass tolerance. He got it from his friend who has some good connections, who got it from a very reputable and gangsta-type dealer.

I just didn't think that marijuana was actually hallucinogenic. Like sands_of_time said, although the high itself was distinctly marijuana, the effects I felt in retrospect definitely seem like something stronger than marijuana.

Thanks for the replies. :)

9. Man Choch

Man Choch Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    When really high I feel as if I have some closed eyes visuals.

One time I had my eyes closed and was swinging through a really dark jungle on a vine. Or that is what it looked like

10. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Just sounds like good weed.

11. LucidDeathTrip

LucidDeathTrip Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have had many CEV's smoking weed. If he has some really good bud and closes his eyes for a couple of minutes... the possibilities are endless. Forgetting to breathe; that sounds like some intense shit.

12. StigmataLectron

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Forgetting to breathe isn't much; SWIM forgets that it's a neccissary part of life when he's on DXM, occasionally on weed, on alcohol.. and even sometimes when he's sober. :/

13. Hotboxed151

Hotboxed151 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    That has only slightly happened to me, but from personal experience 2 times I have gotten a verry drunk feeling(Dizziness and forgetting what's happening). 1 from a dealer I really trust because he and his step brother are good friends with my brother, and the second time I didn't have enough money to buy a sack from a gangsta-type dealer, but he was a pretty nice guy and i gave him 7$ and followed him for the rest of the night and we smoked the sack and i got the drunk feeling again.

14. hazeinmybong2

hazeinmybong2 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Has anyone here actually had green they believed to be laced? I think it would be a waste of heroin haha. I can get some good closed eye visuals after a good session. I highly doubt that the weed was actually laced with anything. I also find that set and setting play a role in smoking. If i'm in good company our green friend is that much better.

15. Sky Walker

Sky Walker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    What is it that people don't get, marijuana is a powerful drug and can cause all sorts of crazy reactions in different people, there is no need to lace weed.

16. dirty arab

dirty arab Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM also doesn't smoke all that often so when SWIM smokes, he gets magnified effects

17. SmokeCrystal

SmokeCrystal Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have been smoking for years, pounds of bud comprising dozens of strains from dozens of sources. He has only once smoked laced weed, and it was very intentional. Put simply, you don’t have laced weed, unless someone is intentionally fucking with you.

I always get a bit of a kick out of hearing a newbie talk about how mind blowing weed can be. I mean no insult; I’ve been there, so I know what you felt.

The craziest I’ve been witness to was when a friend tried a 3 foot bong for the first time; everything was fine for about 15 min, until we were standing on the corner about to cross the street going for a snack. I looked over and watched him close his eyes and fall backwards towards the sidewalk. I’ve never moved that fast in my life, I jumped behind him and caught him just before his head would have hit the ground. I carried his unconscious body a couple blocks to my apartment and laid him on my bed. I watched him closely and put him in a recovery (on his side to help air flow) position. He didn’t move or speak for well over an hour. He was sluggish and vacant, and stayed significantly high for at least 4 or 5 hours. He was able to get out of bed after about 3 hours. He said it was the scariest experience of his life, he said that he didn’t know who he was, who I was or where he was for hours. He remained abstinent for about a year after that experience. This experience gave us both a newly found respect for the power of cannabis. A different swim finished the rest of that sack with no undesired effects. Weed can do some crazy shit, in my experience, almost anything.

There is nothing wrong your friend, but I suggest a through contemplation of any possible interactions which might be to blame, in order to prevent a repeat undesired experience.

18. kritikal

kritikal Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    I was a daily smoker and SWIM built up a huge tolerance. After quitting for a fair few weeks SWIM experienced just what u described.

SWIM often get visuals in the dark from weed now as SWIM only smokes rarely, after maybe about twenty minutes I feel a rush aswell. You do become a bit more relaxed and often kinda forget to breathe.

I have smoked alot of O and a good Weed Stone can bring on Similar effects to that of O although totally different highs! Best combination is O and Weed!

19. Senor Gribson

Senor Gribson Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Around here, laced grass is all too common. Usually a dealer will have a bag of complete bunk and throw a little somethin in there so ppl will still buy it thinkin its strong stuff.

20. lojzarb

lojzarb Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Weed is often underestimated. Though many many people smoke it regularly, including SWIM, it's definitely a very powerful plant.

One thing that makes me a little upset is that not many people respect any of these plants which are clearly a true gift to us humans. Plants are stronger than you can possibly imagine... ever try Yopo? That shit kicked my ass so hard... just from three little seeds.

Yeah, I rant. so what.