Experiences - AET; alpha-ethyltryptamine trip report

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by rodent, Oct 6, 2006.

1. rodent

rodent Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Just wanted to share a friends experience he had not long ago. He happened across one of the more rare tryptamines recently, known as AET or alpha-ethyltryptamine. The powder was pure white in color and smelled very much like AMT or DMT when it’s toasted. With plenty to work with he started off with just testing the material, so incase he was sensitive he wouldn’t overdose. Twenty milligrams had no effect at all and so at + 2 hours he took another 110 milligrams. Taken in a capsule the effects came on roughly at 35-40 mins. Some stimulation and feelings of empathy came on just as with MDMA though it is hard to compare as he doesn’t get the effects he used to with ecstasy. He thought in general the effects were very much like ecstasy though maybe a bit more “stoning” as Shulgin would say. Something like the stoning effects of MDA though less stimulation. Tactile effects were noted but again not quite on par with other empathogens. He did this experiment alone and a couple times was wishing he had some company to share the experience with. No visuals at all were seen which is kinda strange as it is so structurally similar to other tryptamines. Total effects seemed to last maybe 5-7 hours with some comedown after that was softened with 2 milligrams Xanax. The next day he was tired but other than that felt fine. In fact, the 2nd day after the experiment he felt like he was in an unusually good mood, maybe hinting at the anti-depressant effects.

There isn’t a whole lot more to say but my friend told me he would keep me updated as he plans to look into the occasional use and possible anti-depressant effects more. He thinks some of the empathetic qualities may show more clearly if done in the company of friends.

Feel free to ask any questions and I’ll pass them along to him. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2010
    1. 5/5,
      Thanks for the report.
      Nov 15, 2008
    2. 4/5,
      Nice post, included everything relivant: dose effect and duration. Thankyou.
      Oct 6, 2006
  2. Alfa

Alfa Productive Insomniac Staff Member Administrator

Reputation Points:
    117 y/o from The Netherlands
    Do mind the MAO-inhibiting qualities of this one.

3. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Is the IC50 of a-ET a known quantity? I'd be interested to hear how it compares with a-MT as an MAOI.

4. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Use general protocol for an MAOI. If you don't know this - have SWIM study up on same.

Proper dosage for full effects of a-ET is 150mg. for average adult.

5. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    I wasn't aware any IC50 data was available on Monoamine oxidase-inhibiting substances. A search on medline for 'IC50' and 'MAOI' only results in 3 studies.

6. Alfa

Reputation Points:
    The MAOI effects of alpha-ET are far from negligable.

7. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Bongo can attest to that as fact. One chimp landed in the hospital emergency as a result of ignoring MAOI warnings with a-ET. Any further claims to the contrary will be met with a negative rating - or worse.

Thanks for jarring my frazzled memory there, Alfa. What an awful night that was. Pulling together the notes, the chimp had taken a standard (150mg) dose of a-ET and had several beers during the earlier part of the day. He said he had nothing else on board. Then he took a 30mg Flurazepam (Dalmane). He went into hypotensive-crisis and lost consciousness. He remained in a black-out state for several hours on heart monitors, blood-pressure monitors, and the crew in the emergency didn't have a clue of what to do. Treatment was symptomatic.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  8. rodent

rodent Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks for the replies and said friend will take all precautions regarding mao inhibition with AET going forward.

Friend also confirms likely interaction with the Xanax taken later in the evening. Though he was aware of the mao inhibiting qualities he didn't think the interaction would be significant. Giving it more thought, thanks to this thread, he thinks the interaction was significant and possibly doubled the effects of the Xanax (only a reasonable guess here). He now feels like he should have been more careful though doesn't feel he endangered himself.

9. malsat

malsat Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I know this thread is very old and rodent hasn't logged in since last winter but I would love to hear any updates or retrospective on this most elusive compound.