Extraction - Agent Lemon process Q's

Discussion in 'DXM' started by Euthanatos93420, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Euthanatos93420

Euthanatos93420 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Okay so I did his research and whatnot but is trying to prepare a batch of 4 vicks 44 cough (DXM only) into Agent Lemon. Got a few questions on the process. 4 30mg/15ml 118ml (4oz) bottles

Since I am doing so many should SWIM put more zippo in? it's currently seperating. Can SWIM just pour more in, reshake, and re-seperate?

Does SWIM just dissolve the citric acid in water before adding it to the naptha+DXM? What ratios should I use?

2. Paracelsus

Paracelsus Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    1 part naphtha for 10 parts of ammonia/syrup mixture (by volume). That is for Robitussin Maximum Strength (15mg DXM HBr/5 ml). Calculate your needed amount.

As for the citric acid, I think 1-2 teaspoons will be OK, although more will probably not hurt (if the amount is kept in reasonable limits).

3. Euthanatos93420

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks for the info on the naptha.

On the citric acid I amn't sure what you mean by 1-2 teaspoons. what ratios of water:Citric acid and Citric acid+water:naptha+DXM?

Thanks again.

4. Euthanatos93420

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Also I understand how CM interferes with DXM nuerochemically (As per Erowid DXM FAQ).

Swim observes most people to use benedryll for the "Robo itch." Something I have not experienced as his four priors with DXM were CCC's. SWIM wonders if a few (4 maybe?) CCC's would be good for the "itch" and make dosing a little easier (less to be extracted) SWIM theorizes.

Thanks again.

5. Paracelsus

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    It depends on how much liquid your lab monkey intents to drink for each dose. 150ml water + 1 teaspoon citric acid for each bottle of syrup would be OK. Theoretically, one would need one mole of citric acid for three moles of DXM, but I don't think more will hurt.

Although I don't see many dangers in occasional use of DXM + a few CCC's, CCC's are not recommended, because the DXM significantly increases CPM's half-life (which is already 24 hours in medical doses without any DXM), leading to a dangerous CPM buildup in the body when used repeatedly. This is because DXM and CPM are both metabolized by the enzyme CYP2D6 and recreational doses of DXM already require all CYP2D6 to be metabolized.

Diphenhydramine (benadryl) seems to be the weapon of choice against robo itch, although SWIM never needed it (because the robo itch didn't get too uncomfortable). If it is not available, other antihistamines might be used. I don't know which antihistamines other than CPM are metabolized by CYP2D6, but such antihistamines could present dangers similar to those from CCC, although probably not so pronounced.

6. Euthanatos93420

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Thanks for the info. SWIM's experience with DXM is relativly limited to 5 or 6 times over the past five years or so. I am quite cautious and finds finding time to experiment with DXM is difficult usually because of scheduling. In the instance SWIM's schedule works out often he is aware his mind isn't ready for the experience...or someone throws his chemistry project down the drain. He should have learned the first time the bitch broke his bong but SWIM's a little hard headed sometimes.

So...this go is a scrap but I will report when he is successfull. I am about 81kg so he was thinking a 900mg for a third plataeu dose. I have been looking for robomax but can't find it without the guaif. I was content to use the vicks but was a little annoyed when he realized he'd been conned. Erowid DXM FAQ states Guaif is OK and is filtered out in the Agent Lemon. However I have perused the forums enough to read about a few mishaps with guaif. & reports that guaif. jacks up the process. SWIM's inability to find ROBOMAX w/ DXM only has him thinking this is why others went with the guaif. Should SWIM just keep looking for the ROBOMAX w/ DXM only, use ROBOMAX DXM+Guaif., or just use vicks?

7. Paracelsus

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Robitussin Max is 15mg DXM/ 5ml syrup. That is 45mg DXM/15ml syrup. As you said, Vicks contains 30mg DXM/15ml syrup. That means Vicks has 66.67% the concentration of Robo Max.

So Phungushead's extraction should work, one only has to change the amounts a bit. With Robo Max, 1 part ammonia for one part syrup is used. With Vicks, about 7 parts ammonia per 10 parts syrup are enough. Since the amount of liquid is then lower, the same ratio of naphtha (1 part naphtha to 10 parts liquid) is used for the non-polar extraction.

If this goes beyond you, one can just use the same amounts described in Phungushead's extraction. One will waste a little ammonia and naphtha, but the extraction will work.

8. Euthanatos93420

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am good with math & arithmatic and handled that easy. I just wanted clairfication that it was okay to use the syrup with the Guaif. because he can't find the 3mg/ml syrup w/o the guaif. So, thank you for the information.