Alcohol and 1,4 butanediol

Discussion in 'GHB' started by vongamma, Apr 14, 2006.

1. vongamma

vongamma Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I seldom see this mentioned and feel that it should be a general guideline/warning, that I have learned the hard way.

When drinking alcohol and bdo at the same time, the bdo will convert into ghb AFTER the alcohol is completely out of the system. This means that if you drink four beer the bdo will kick after about two hours (individual value). The real danger in this is when you re-dose the bdo because you don't feel it kicking - it will just float around in your system "waiting" for the alcohol to be metabolized and then convert into ghb all at the same time. This ISN'T the case with gbl and ghb, which will mix fine with alcohol. Please KEEP this in mind when mixing bdo and alcohol. Else you WILL overdose with what else seems like a normal dose+redose.

2. Richard_smoker

Richard_smoker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Woah, I'd say this is some pretty important info... especially since everyone says NOT to drink with GLB/GHB. Everyone knows that this advice will only spawn certain people to actually TRY mixing them with alcohol.

I'm guessing that the supposed delay you are referring to could take place because they are both alcohols--EtOH and BDO. And both broken down by alcohol dehydrogenase.

Anyone else have this same experience? or am I the last member to know about this strange, delayed effect? Sounds like something pretty important. and it couldn't be good for your liver.

3. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    redosing is a danger with any substance, but this intriguing information makes me never want to attempt 1,4 with or without alcohol. calculating the proper dosage seems to be too risky, and anything that will keep a strong GABAergic effect going long after one thinks it would wear off could prove disasterious physically, socially, etc. this is excellent advice to have, awesome first post, vongamma.

4. godismdma

godismdma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    seems that recreationally IS VERY DANGEROUS.......but it seems that in moderation doesnt have any effect. (Meaning a glass of wine or beer with dinner then at bed time GHB has no side effects) Does anyone have any input into the same time span with GHB and short acting benzos like xanax?

5. Dullahan

Dullahan Newbie

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o from U.S.A.
    I would like to note swim never condones mixing alcohol with butanediol. Swim's starfish friend passed out like a light after mixing just two shots of vodka with a small dose of 1.4 (appx. 1 ml) after not being able to get up off the couch for roughly 45 minutes or so. Swim and swim's starfish friends have however taken xanax in combination with 1.4, I did on a 6 ml dose once (I weigh about 320 lbs. and always is able to handle larger doses of any drug, but wouldn't recommend more than 10 ml at the most every 6 hours) and felt extremely euphoric and relaxed. It helped swim to pass out fairly nicely after about an hour or so. When taken with a smaller dose of about 4ml, I was able to stay awake, and had a lot of energy from the butanediol, and was super relaxed and stress free from the xanax. Swim's head was still clear, and so was the starfish's. Btw, I took 3 dillies each time (.5 mg) with it, and it seemed to compliment 1.4's effects rather nicely without overpowering it.

6. blackwolf

blackwolf Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Here are some good papers to check out about it.
    "1,4-Butanediol and ethanol compete for degradation in rat brain and liver in vitro."
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3814347

And this one http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6717752

On a sidenote, swim can speak from experience as well. Multiple times I has tested how long it takes for a dose of BDO to be metabolized into GHB. Swim often doses 2-2.5ml of BDO. This is normally felt within 2min, peaking at around 30-40min. His first 2 experiments had been after a single drink , which he was able to get effect from a normal dose 3 hours later without any delay. and after 3 drinks over the course of an hour. , which delayed his effects after consuming a dose 3 hours later.
    Last experiment was after having 9 drinks over the course of 6 hours. I had insomnia but was exhasted and started to get desperate for sleep. +6 hours after he had stopped drinking booze, he attempted to dose 2ml of BDO. An hour later after no effect, he dosed 1.5 ml of bdo, an hour later, still after no effect. He dosed 1 more ml. 30 minutes later(9+ hours after last alcohol 3.5+ hours after inital BDO dose) I felt a very strong effect come on, as well as some nausea. He woke 3 hours later, slightly inebriated, with a slight upset stomach and horny( nothing new there) , After having sex with his hunny, he felt very nauseous for the next few hours. Not sure if the sex sped up his system or if he would have walked around the nauseas would had hit him anyways, but thats the way it happened to me.

Overall I would say if you had one drink , you would be fine doing a dose of BDO three or more hours later, any more alcohol then that and it will be less effective, may not work at all for hours, and possible give stronger nausea due to it stacking up effect, and of it cycling unprocessed through your body.

7. Hatchman33

Hatchman33 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I just got back from the hostpital this morning after having what I though as a fun night with BDO. I dont know if I would have died if the hospital was but two minutes away but the doctor told me that my heart beat went down to 35 beats per min and my blood pressure is 180/40 when i stand up. Or something 40/180 ect. The gave me another liter of iv when i left to brink it back to normal level but I slept for 5 hours and im getting dizzy again when I stand up. I took around 3.5 ml within an hour starting with 1 ml. I was in a fine dining rester aunt with a friend and he went to the bathroom and next thing i know 4 hours later im waking up in the hospital with the doctor asking me questions I could not answer for my memory right before i went into a coma took a while to regain.

I have taken 1,4 butanediol plenty of times taking that amount. I just received a new bottle that was tech grade and apparently it is much much stonger and tastes like rubber. I will not be using it agian! With an ambulance and all, I will be paying a huge hospital bill. My chest hurts so im pretty sure they did cpr as well. bleh! Just wanted to post my bad experience I had with so many good experiences from before.

MY BEST ADVICE: IF YOU CANNOT LIMIT YOURSELF ON ALCOHOL THIS IS NOT FOR YOU!!!
    i hope i dont have a fucked up blood pressure forever....

8. Hatchman33

Hatchman33 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    wow, i was very lightheaded this morning when I wrote this post and it makes me look like I am a preschooler trying to write.

I just finished asking my friends what happened at the restaurant last night and they said i had my arms folded on the table like i was waiting for my food and dropped my head and was out. They were slapping me trying to wake me up and nothing was working. When the EMS arrived, I was told it was about 7:00 pm and the restaurant was packed. i was told they pricked my finger to see if i would wake up and i opened my eyes for a couple of seconds and rolled back to pass out mode. Freaked the EMS unit the duck out; they pulled the table out completely and put me on a stretcher as my friends describe "like you would see on a movie." . On a good note they did comp our bill and they called and payed for a taxi for my friend who was found in the bathroom crawling on the floor.

On a side note for anyone who is interested in purchasing or doing this chemical for the first time. This drug is amazing and I have taken it dozens of times. I wont take it again myself; for I almost killed myself once and I don't know if i will make it to the hospital if it happens agian. I consider myself to be a responsible young adult but I forgot I redosed about 4 or 5 times and only thought I dosed for the second time because I forgot about a couple of them. If you do decide to find a source make sure that it is usp grade and sterile, not tech grade unless you want to go through the hassle of filtering it yourself and even then you still might have bad particles in it.