alcohol and x

Discussion in 'Ecstasy & MDMA' started by whereareyou, Oct 24, 2005.

1. whereareyou

whereareyou Newbie

Reputation Points:
    is there any danger linking alcohol to ecstacy? one of my friends drank a moderate amount on friday night, then did x and seemed completely fine, in fact, i think he had a better trip than all of us. the x hit him faster and he was loving it. he also got a good night of sleep while none of us fell asleep at all. so im wondering, is this a common reaction or usually do you feel sick if you mix these two? im not saying im very enthuiastic about drinking and then doing x, however, i would like to be able to go to sleep and the alcohol seemed to have that effect on him. has anyone had any experience with this? i loved x by itself so i dont really care but like i said, sleeping would be nice, but not neccesary.

2. ambrosius

ambrosius Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Combining alcohol with any upper will increase its effects. You may not notice the alcohol buzz, but you're drunker than you think.

You also increase the risk of dehydration.

3. umich

umich Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yes, the main reason you shouldnt drink while rolling is because it increases the risk of hydration. Personally, I dont care to take anything else while I roll because I dont feel it necessary as the x is strong enough. As long as you keep hydrated, than a little bit of drinking is not a problem. I've heard of people having a few drinks on the comedown to help them get to sleep...But the problem starts when you put other drugs in the equation. Dont get out of hand cause it will lead to trouble...Good luck

4. markdahman

markdahman Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Yeah drinking and x makes me sleep near the end of the night and then the next morning i dont really remember anything everythings very unclear after combining the 2.

5. oggy

oggy R.I.P. Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    I like to have a fewdrinks before x then just drink water whenon it and drink when I get home. I find the drink helps with the come up and the come down.

6. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Few beers is good, overdo it and you forget large chunks.

7. Nature Boy

Nature Boy Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Yeah, cut back on the drinks (no need to stop entirely, a beer or twowhile rolling can be quite pleasant) and try to remain hydrated. Your best bet is to save most of your booze until afterwards so you can drink yourself to sleep. Pot is also a necessity for this IMO.

8. whereareyou

whereareyou Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah i actually had a couple shots of vodka when i started to come down, however apparently they didnt have an effect because i was still wide awake the entire night.

9. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Actually, alcohol is contraindicated for insomnia as alcohol initially acts as a CNS stimulant - followed by having a depressant action. A cup or two of Kava~Kava made with warm milk would be a better bet.

10. xpr´k

xpr´k Newbie

Reputation Points:

weird ive never had any trouble falling asleep on MDMA (maybe your pills got some meth in em??)

In fact when the MDMA wears out i usually fall asleep wherever i stand or sit. 2 rolls ago i suddenly woke up sitting with my head in my hands at my computer and when i looked at the clock 4 hours had past since i last realised being awake. Its one of the reasons XTC is my favourite drug, no problems whatsoever to sleep.

On topic: most friends of mine drink pretty large ammounts of alcohol while rolling (10+ 25cc beers) . In fact they hardly ever drink anything else during there roll. As far as hangovers go i'm pretty sure there's are worse then mine (i never drink beer after i dropped a pill). They also act alot more fucked up then me (annoys me lately :s) . But ive never seen anyone OD'ing because of it,BUT we dont go to parties much so dehydration is less of an issue. I wouldnt advise drinking as much as my m8's do in a room stacked with people and a 30°+ ambient temperature. Thats a 1 way ticket to the ER!Edited by: xpr´k

11. kieran

kieran Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i always drink alcohol when im rolling, and its true you dont realise how drunk you are, but then when the E wears off, you have the effect of the alcohol, so its all good, and i never have trouble sleeping after a night of beans and alcohol.

12. Dr.Smurf

Dr.Smurf Newbie

Reputation Points:
    yeah same here i always drink while iam rolling.. and drink quite
    alot.. never got any problems while sleeping.. once fucking fell sleep
    in da club when E warmed off..[​IMG]

13. big-lester

big-lester Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    I never drink on X, I not an alcohol fan I rather stick to weed but I
    now 2 My that had been drinking a lot on X, one of them was vomiting
    the whole night[​IMG]

14. ramjet

ramjet Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I've had some REALLY messy experiences with alcohol and E. I usually find the comedown is a lot worse too, because it is combined with a hangover from the alcohol (I guess you could always just keep on drinking - not sure if I would recommend it though).I try not to combine the two. Maybe my bad experiences have been of the result of the fact that I didn't realise how drunk I was and drank way too much.

15. devil

devil Newbie

Reputation Points:
    This really varies. SWIM for one never have problems with mixing the
    two (X + booze), but some of SWIM's friends cannot mix them at all.

16. devil

devil Newbie

Reputation Points:
    actually, I would say that he can drink more while on E.[​IMG]

17. billyloner

billyloner Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    used to drink a few before taking e, to get me in the mood and stuff. dont anymore, had a really scary experience and it put me off. plus i prefer the feeling of the e on its own to e and booze. its quite different, down to personal opinion i guess.

oh yeah, i also find i can drink more when on e, specially coming down and the next day. in fact, drinking booze the next day is fantastic and highly recommended [​IMG]Edited by: billyloner

18. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I dont think you'll find anyone who disagree's with that [​IMG]

19. 420whiteboy420

420whiteboy420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi, just woundering what is it like to get laid when your on e and drunk at the same time

20. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Generally, MDMA interferes with the ability to maintain erection and achive orgasm, as does alcohol. So I would sum it up with one word: Frustrating. This is from a male perspective. Any females care to comment?