Alone or with your buddies?

Discussion in 'Cannabis' started by augentier, Nov 5, 2006.

1. augentier

augentier Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    SWIM smokes by herself the majority of the time..she likes smoking with others a lot but there's something about being alone and stoned (like right now!) that helps her to focus on herself. Anyone else like this..or do most of you prefer smoking with others? and Why?

2. Each Hit

Each Hit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swim smokes by himself when nobody else is around and he feels like smoking. if any of his friends happen to be nearby, they are invited to join. swim prefers to smoke with friends, as it tends to involve more laughs and good times than just sitting by himself and getting high. of course, I am all alone right now... :)

3. TheDave

TheDave Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I'd have to go with smoking with friends I find that getting high around other high people is absolutely brilliant. Many a time My friends and I have hung around high as kites just feeding off each others high and it's been excellent.

However being high on your own allows SWIM to focus his thoughts and allows him to take a lot more in on his own. But for SWIM being with friends is still better.

4. dnb warrior

dnb warrior Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIM loves both... it is great chatting with mates and having a laugh or else deep conversations with close friends... however I do prefer it wth close friends he doesnt think weed is a good drug for company you don't know too well. he gets a lot more negative thoughts about people when stoned and if hes just trying to get to know people it can fuck things up. I would pick alone if he could only have one or the other, since he thinks it is quite introspective. he likes deep thoughts uninterrupted by people!

5. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Weed tends to make you socially awkward to varying degrees, even if you are quite sociable and are used to being high.

Swim enjoys smoking alone, especially personals. It makes things quite interesting, and swim can do some work on it depending what it is and such. Even tripping out to music is sweet.

Swim much prefers smoking with close friends though. Nothing will beat it.

6. Fred the Janitor

Fred the Janitor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would much rather smoke alone any day than to smoke a blunt with 4 heads on it for example. seems like its kinda a personal reflection time, and when with many people, it makes this time suck. weed kinda makes me have an attitude of "if its not perfect, the high sucks"

7. D.U.M.B

D.U.M.B Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    It varies for SWIM.

During the day SWIM loves to smoke with all his close friends. Nothing beats getting stoned while having a laugh with people you love etc. I have from time to time shared joints with people he just met (but straight away could tell he/she smoked etc.) and they are great expierences to

At night, I like to smoke on his own so he can play guitar and write poetry and surf these forums while stoned.

At weekends it's all the same

8. Miss DarkSoLovely

Miss DarkSoLovely Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ditto.. Swim loves being with others and/or around others, but you know if she feels like it and she's alone she'll toke.. and yeah, she gets all introspective.. WHY she prefers toking with friends, lol :smoker:

9. iFeaRNLoathiNg

iFeaRNLoathiNg Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Swim smokes alone and with who evers around that also smokes. JUST SMOKE

10. Shiacmkmleer

Shiacmkmleer Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Wow. When I opened this thread I expected everyone to be like me heh and no one is o_O. Swis smokes only around other people. Although what is really awesome is smoking at a "LAN Party". This is where Swis firends get together with their computers... we all put on music and visualisers...
    While weed is an intresting drug Swis thinks it to be more... a socail one than a chill by your self one

11. The Frog

The Frog Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swimmy definately loves smoking alone....smoking with others is no problem but prefers it alone........

12. psyche

psyche Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from finland
    SWIM usually smokes alone since he lives in a countryside and his neighbours are not even aware of him doing drugs. He doesn't prefer either way, both have their pros and cons. He likes doing it just by himself because he isn't bored and can just sit there in the middle of the ocean of thoughts. But it's nice with couple of good friends too, there's more laughter and it isn't akward if SWIM smokes only with those good friends. He doesn't like too much being in public when high.

13. Solidly-here

Solidly-here Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Alone . . . or, at a Cannabis Buyers Club in the S F Bay Area.

14. Flimmar

Flimmar Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM enjoys both, though smoking with friends and smoking alone can't be compared.

When SWIM smokes alone, he gets quiet and thoughtful, and he enjoys either a good movie, good food, music or just surfing the internet.

When he smokes with his friends, he's talking more, laughing seems more frequent, and he loves the on-going positive talk there is, only when he smokes with his friends.

So therefor, he doesn't see anything wrong in smoking by himself, but he doesn't prefer anything.

15. Deft

Deft Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from chile
    SWIM hates it when he just smoked weed and talks to sober people because he gets all paranoid and does not talk much, but if he is with stoned friends he would be ok, i think the problem with swim when he smokes is that he gets too slow and thinks of the strangest things.
    SWIM prefers other things when it comes to socializing with people.
    When I used too smoke alone he would play music and just fly away so SWIM prefers to smoke weed alone because it triggers hes creative side of the brain, and can create beautiful music.

16. Ebatra

Ebatra Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I don't really mind....but there definately is some thing special about smoking alone.

17. searcher

searcher Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Massachusetts, U.S.A.
    a head blunt is very relaxing, depends on how much weed swim/my friends have and if sharing is the right thing to do at the particular moment.

18. shagra

shagra Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    swim enjoys smoking alone, was just reflecting on how he doesn't quite enjoy partying like he once did. I think it'll just take a few days of re-couping and smoking bongs to the face. swim just had one, it was great.

19. podge

podge Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from ireland
    Swim enjoy's smoking with friends most of the time. But one of swim's favorite things to do is to chill out and have a spliff before bed. This stoned period is swim's best way to reflect on the day and to get whatever negative shit may be going on in my life sorted.

20. chrono420

chrono420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    swim loves to smoke by himself, is a nice time to just chill and let the time pass, not talking to anyone and watching like a kung fu marathon or somthin lol. Swim also like to smoke with his buddys and girlfriend but being alone seems the most fun when I am high.:smoking: