Paraphernalia - alternative to cigarette lighters when on a crack binge

Discussion in 'Cocaine & Crack' started by Shooting Starz, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Shooting Starz

Shooting Starz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Swim hates it when she goes on a binge and all the lighters get burnt up and she is having to use one lighter for fluid and one for the flint or not having one at all and still having rocks left. I found using a kerosene lantern with the odorless fluid works well. anyone have any other tips on things to use to keep the fire burning with out having to goto the store geeked to get more lighters?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2007
  2. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    An Oxy-Acetylene rig with a striker would last a long time.

3. klaatu

klaatu Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have been there, done that too :(

He hates disposable, plastic lighters as they run out too often but also they break too easilly if they are used to crush rocks prior to smoking. So he has been looking at other types of lighters.

He recently bought a "pipe lighter" - these have a flame that comes out of the side and are designed - surprise, surprise - to make pipe lighting easier.

He bought a metal one so that it would be easier to crush rocks with. He told me that it is much better at rock-crushing and so far so good as a lighter. The main problem being that he keeps forgetting that the flame comes out for the side which has lead to a few near-misses and singed fingers!

As for Nag's suggestion about welding gear - yes, that would work too. But might be a little hard to conceal if you want to be discreet.

Another possibility would be NASA's new crack pipe lighter designed for long-term use on the International Space Station.

Klaatu

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2013
  4. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    quit using the cheap lighters. it's been swips experiences that only the cheap lighters "pop" and break when used to much.... swip has never had any problems with a BIC lighter.

5. Shooting Starz

Shooting Starz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I use only BIC. but swim also doesn't smoke rock very often. When she does its in large amounts with several people. not even a BIC is capable of lasting through the piles of rock. Plus the less money she spends on lighters the more left for other things. Not counting people walking off with them. By the time the Lighters are gone your to bug-eyed and geeked to go buy more. I was just trying to help swim with the misery of geeking out on trying to find more flames at the end of the night.;)

6. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    How about a refillable lighter such as a Zippo and a few cans a fuel for it?

7. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Using a Zippo to smoke a pipe takes a bit of practice, and not many people like the taste of lighter fuel! How's this for an idea - a candle and a few wooden spills, or maybe a box of cook's matches?

8. epiphanyx

epiphanyx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    SWIM empathises fully with this dilemma; imagine having an ounce of rock and all the necessary implements but you's last lighter dies. And You has used every match in the vicinity. And all the shops are closed because it's 3am - nightmare scenario.

I have found that even clippers can't stand the strain of prolonged use.

Might have to invest in a pipe lighter like klaatu for the next session. What are those torch like implements they use in the movies? Seems like the perfect solution.

9. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    I dunno if i missed something but if you know a normal BIC lighter wont last long enough and you know your going to be using why not buy a few in advance. They sell large packs of disposable lighters at the store. Maybe stock up in anticipation. Other than that any refillable lighter with loads of fuel for it.

10. epiphanyx

epiphanyx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Unfortunately the cracked up mindset doesn't quite work like that, IHrt. Three lighters and four boxes of matches might seem like plenty. Until...

11. IHrtHalucingens

IHrtHalucingens Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    31 y/o
    Haha understood. I have only ever freebased once and vowed never to do it again for fear of addiction so he doesnt have the experiences to realate to the problem i guess. But he does smoke pot everyday through a bong, which is pretty lighter intensive and his lighters last a good amount of time. Does smoking crack require more fluid than smoking pot? Im kind of curious now. lol

12. raven3davis

raven3davis R.I.P. Palladium Member R.I.P.

Reputation Points:
    word to that. BIC lighters are still cheap but they work hella good. They dont pop like those shitty lighters and they last a pretty long time, even if you are a tweeker or a crack head.

13. klaatu

klaatu Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have never smoked Pot or cigarettes - no, honestly - so he cannot compare but he usually has the lighter lit for about ten to fifteen seconds to ensure all the lovely Cola has evaporated. And he usually grinds a rock into about four "pipefulls" (I don't think he means pipe FULL when he says that)

So figure about 1 minute's lighter time per rock.

It reminds me of Bill Hicks asking someone in the audience how many cigarettes a day they smoked. On hearing the reply "two packs a day" he would say "Pussy. I get through two lighters a day" :D

Klaatu

14. Ant-Man

Ant-Man Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM told me that a cotton ball, forcepts (Or something compairable) and Isoprop. Alcohol works great. I say there is no "Funky" taste and can be lit with the spark from a "Dead" lighter.

15. epiphanyx

epiphanyx Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Any particular type of alcohol?

16. Danc9552003

Danc9552003 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    32 y/o from U.S.A.
    So does anybody know if ant-man is correct about a cotton ball and isopropel alcohol? The alcohol might not smell/taste weird, but wouldn't the cotton?? I would like to try that out because last night he really fucked his thumb up from lighting the lighter SO many times. But that's what happens when I has lots of coke

17. klaatu

klaatu Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Danc

I have had the same thumb-problem in the past - especialy when he's used cheap disposable lighters. That's why he recommends investing in a decent lighter like the one shown in my post further up the page; it's much, much kinder on thumbs!

Klaatu

18. Ant-Man

Ant-Man Newbie

Reputation Points:
    The cotton does'nt burn, only the alcohol. I assure you there will be no weird taste....just remember, alcohol burns very hot, so it might seem like your using Klaatu's idea:smoking:

That's no S*&T about the sore thumb!!!

19. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    swimused to use a camping tourch or butane tank with a flame piece on it from lowes.... swing by any large hardware store they have many cool lighting methods...swims fav is a tourch that you just insert a reg lighter in and it converts to a torch (best for meth)

20. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    Buy one of those wind-proof lighters.They're refillable and last ages.They're