1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

ALZA 18 - how to?

Discussion in 'Concerta & Ritalin' started by thenomad08, May 29, 2008.

1. thenomad08

thenomad08 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o Male
    I first used alza a while ago and it was an alza 36. i now have alza 18's. the first time with a 36mg i just cut the pill in half down the middle and swallowed and got a good rush. a while ago i took two alza 18's cutting them in half and the rush was fairly shitty.

whats the best method for taking alza 18?

2. thestranger

thestranger Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from Idaho, U.S.A.
    for those that dont know, these are concertas.... aka Time Release Ritalin

3. staples

staples Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Please read the forum rules especially regarding self-incrimination. The FAQ may be of interest, too.

SWIM never really tried abusing concerta while he was on it (all the way up to 54mg/day), he did try splitting the concertas in half down the center because he was told that could preserve the time release... SWIM doesn't really know if it made much of a difference, since he also was prescribed to 2x10mg ritalin/day at the time and would supplement as needed to attain the level of concentration necessary.

Considering that Concerta's slow release is osmosis-based, would it not suffice to leave an alza tablet in a glass of water (or maybe someone can tell us if a certain pH would be best?)? I'm not sure how long this would take, but I believe I've heard it mentioned on these forums before, if you don't mind digging it up.