Health - Am I screwed for life? Possibly used needle

Discussion in 'Heroin' started by Nikki3877, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Nikki3877

Nikki3877 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o from U.S.A.
    So, my alligator has been violently dopesick all day, and her "best friend" that she's done everything for seems to only show up when my alligator has money now and has been taking some that ishe's noticed. Early this morning my alligator had taken a small 20 unit shot, but by now, she was very sick. And of course, my alligators friend, not realizing my alligator had money, ignored her all day. So, when my alligator picked up, she realized she left her rig in her friend's car, smh.. She was desperate.. And of course, my alligators friend had stolen all her new ten rigs.. But then, she had found a rig laying outside by her dealers apartment by where my alligators friend always parks, it was the same size from my alligators preivious pack and was a little bent, but she could fix it. My alligator was 90% positive this was her friends, so took it home with her. Ashamed of herself, she had cleaned it very throughly for a good 20min with 50% Isosprophyl alcohol, inside and out, over and over. Scrubbed the tip, the inside i filled with it, soaked it and repeated the cycle.. Then my alligator cleaned it with hot water and cleaned her arm before injection.. I am so scared I could've ruined my life with such a stupid decision at such a young age, especially since my friend has the possibility of having Hep. C and god knows what else... But imy alligator has never felt so desperate. She's NEVER used a dirty needle before and although she must get tested, does anyone think that the alcohol could've possibly killed any harmful germs that could've prevented my alligator from receiving any diseases? humour me, even the slightest chance of hope or anyhting would help.. She's terrified. ;?

Nikki3877 added 14 Minutes and 23 Seconds later...

Also, this needle (Another reason to believe it was her friends) was being talked about how they were going to get rid of it and hasn't been used for at least 2 days my alligator believes, which she's sure helps to the factor of the virus dying.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  2. Poppi

Poppi Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I'd love to humor you, and to reassure you that everything is perfectly alright and you are safe, but we both know that realistically and in the interests of harm reduction for others reading this thread, we both know that using a random needle you found outside, regardless of who you suspect last used it, is an incredibly dangerous practice.

Since you seem already aware of the risk you took in the possibility of contracting Hep C, HIV, and many other blood-borne diseases, I won't lecture you. Not only was this needle dirty, but it could have been used countless times and could be very dull (it was bent after all!), thereby increasing your risk of abscess and vein damage in addition to the diseases.

Your method of cleaning the rig might be recommended if 1) you were only using your own old rigs and not a total stranger's who might have shot up anything using that rig--tar sticks to the side of the barrel and is impossible to get out--91% alcohol is suggested, or possibly bleach (that one is hotly debated); and 2) you spent a lot of time drying the alcohol out without blowing on it, as introducing bacteria via your breath defeats the purpose of the cleaning. I do hope that you let it air dry in a clean place before using the rig.

In the future, ditch your "friend" who is only using you for dope and clean rigs. If you live somewhere where you can purchase new syringes, or if you're able to buy them online, you must do this before ever considering using a syringe you found on the ground. I've been guilty of reusing my own multiple times, sometimes not even cleaning them in between uses, which is bad HR. But I'd rather switch my ROA momentarily than risk disease, infection, and death using one I found lying outside. I hope you test negative, and you don't develop problems. I really hope you'll be okay!

3. Nikki3877

Nikki3877 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    24 y/o from U.S.A.
    Thank you. I know it was a very stupid decision and I never even should've considered it but I did so I can't go back.. I'm getting a ten pack of new rigs today and won't ever do that again.. I'm also getting tested next week. I know it was my friends because his was a little bent too and I know HIV virus dies quickly after exposed to air.. So I'm more likely taking in the risk of Hep C over anything.. Which still is bad but I'd rather contract that over HIV. Cross your fingers for me, I'll keep you updated

4. McNoddin1503

McNoddin1503 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I believe the doctors have to wait six 4-6 months to test your blood after sharing a needle to know for sure if you have hep or anything else

5. chipat86

chipat86 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Sucks being dope sick. And sometimes the things that u think u will never do in your life all of a sudden become being rationalized by x amount of excuses. I say i would never of did what u did but if i was in your situation, i might of even considered it. I think i would of dropped the rig into boiling water for a little just to be extra careful. I have never shared but have used my own rigs multiple times. I feel like u might be ok, and probably killed anything that was present. Hope u got a negative result, let us know what happened. And ditch your so called friend.

6. Trying Again

Trying Again Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I completely understand the desperation and I wish I could reassure you but as everyone has said so far, we all know the risks. The only reassurance you will get is when you are able to get tested.

I shared a needle one time, it was pretty much straight out of my friends arm, rinsed under tap water and into my arm. Ridiculously stupid and years later when I got the nerve to be tested all was ok but until that day it was on my mind all the time. I was lucky and did not catch anything. The girl I shared with is still
    A junkie living in a park, I think about her often and know she is not well so I am extremely, extremely lucky. I still think about that one occasion.

I will be hoping and praying that you get the all clear. I know it's hard not to worry but worrying won't change the outcome, it will just make the wait even more torturous. What's done is done and hopefully you will get the result you want. I am sure you'll never make that mistake again:)). I never did. I am sure there is a waiting period and you may have to have repeat tests with months in between, I can't remember.

Good luck!

7. totra

totra Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah the alcohol should have killed all the germs in there. I know sometimes dry/crusted blood gets stuck in the syringe and is hard to get out of certain spots, but still you probably got everything. Your friend doesn't seem like a very good friend, unfortunately. What you described is basically her just using you, I would have a talk with her and say some of the things you mentioned here and how they make you feel when she does them.

8. Joe29

Joe29 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia
    Please don't do this again.

I hope your okay and test clean, as others have said anyone could of used that needle.

I got stuck by a guys needle that I hardly new by accident and I was shitting myself, I was told 3 months then when that came back clear the doctor said another 3 months as he didn't wan't to stress me out more than I was.
    Good luck Joe:)

9. LoveChild

LoveChild Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    When cleaning a needle, you're supposed to use bleach as alcohol does not kill Hepatitis or AIDS and HIV virus.

10. Mick Mouse

Mick Mouse Live Free Or Die! Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    56 y/o from Cayo Loco
    While it "should have killed all the germs in there" (not true, by the way!), we are not talking about germs. Hep, HIV, AIDS, etc. are viral, not germ or bacteriological . Plus, it was 50% IPA! Not even the regular 70% or the better 91%. Your initial statement is not accurate, and could lead to the false idea that cleaning a used rig with 50% IPA is "OK" and will lead to no harmful effects. This is false.

However, the remainder of your post is highly accurate! And excellent advice.

11. Helpful

Helpful Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from Alabama, U.S.A.
    You could always take antiviral medication if you believe you were possibly in contact with hiv.

12. laing1981

laing1981 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    The Op has not commented in a while, would like to know if she got tested as she made this post in February and it's now late May?

Regards

13. totra

totra Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I swear people on this thread are over anal. I have done it many times, the person said she only did it once and cleaned it for 20 minutes with alcohol. I mean come on. Of course there's not gonna be huge crusty chunks left, maybe a tiny visible particle stuck in a corner or something which won't become dislodged with even violent shaking and/or direct poking with objects and force. Anyway, the person was fine and so have I been so all is well.

14. Mick Mouse

Mick Mouse Live Free Or Die! Gold Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    56 y/o from Cayo Loco
    How big was the HIV or Hep C virus again? At least as big as "a tiny visible particle" wouldn't you say? the reason people are so 'anal" is that A. it was a really stupid thing to do, and B. we are all about being anal.....it is called harm reduction, and it is the reason for our existence.

So you are saying you have gone out to the nearest alley and scrounged around in the dirt until you found a damaged and possibly used needle, used completely substandard, unsound, and dangerous cleaning methods, and then injected a street drug with said device? And you have done this many times? And you feel all is well with this?

You say anal, I say dumb-ass.