Am I suffering from amphetamine withdrawl ?

Discussion in 'Amphetamines addiction' started by izzy31, Dec 5, 2006.

1. izzy31

izzy31 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from turkmenistan
    He hasn't had any for about 3 weeks, and things are worse than ever! He feels miserably depressed and won't even get up out of bed in the morning-he's actually sleeping for days and days at a time! What the hell is wrong with him?! He doesn't want to do anything, talk to anyone, or get out of the house, and literally does nothing but eat and sleep! He only uses the bathroom every 4 days now, and that CAN'T be good. Right now, it looks like he'd be better off with speed than without it. He's never let things get this bad before, and he's wondering if he should just forget trying to go without it...should he?

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Re: Is Swim Suffering From Amp-withdrawl???

This sounds like stimulant withdrawal to SWIM. This withdrawal can include a feeling of being tired, sleeping a lot more, eating more, depression, and antisocial feelings. How long had You been using amphetamines for? Depending on the duration and intensity of use, it might take more than just a few weeks for the body to return to homeostasis. Basically you's body is overcompensating for mantaining a normal state in the presence of amphetamines, since it would be used to You having amphetamines in the brain.

However there are things You can do to help. At this point, its been three weeks, and You has come this far, so he shouldnt give in and take more drugs. Ride it out and it will get better. Start trying to have a normal sleep/wake cycle again, force youself to go out and socialize (even if You doesnt want to), eat a healthy and balanced diet, and start exercising. Yes, this is the classic response to helping overcome many addictions, but its because these things work. There are a couple threads about kicking methamphetamines in the recovery section right now, You could probably get a lot out of reading them because the basic premise is the same as you's current situation.

Let us know what steps You decides to take in order to start feeling better, and how well they treat you. Good luck man, and post with whatever other questions or experiences You has.

3. izzy31

izzy31 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from turkmenistan

The problem is he can't get up out of bed, not that he doesn't want to. This is the first time he's been up in 20 hours.

4. ~lostgurl~

~lostgurl~ Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    from Australia

I know exatcly what You is saying, every single other time she has quit methamphetamine she has felt like you! Sleeping all day and all night and eating and felt like she couldnt get out of bed, not that she didn't want to. I don't think she would have been as successful this time if she had the usual withdrawal symptoms, but she doesn't know why this time is different. What is You eating? SWIM eats a lot of junk food at the moment and that certainly doesn't help, but its easy when you cant be bothered cooking. Try and take some vitamins and eat healthy, drink lots of water to flush all the toxins out of you's system quicker.... should help with the toilet trouble too! Try some energy drinks maybe? I am happy to help if You has any specific questions....

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006
  5. azrael2600

azrael2600 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

I was physically addicted to amphetamines for many years. when swim kicked it finally I didn't feel normal until a month and a half later. while detoxing I felt very lethargic and had an appetite that would never end. I was also very depressed and felt like the world was empty and nothing made swim happy. I was also constapated a lot and gained a lot of weight while kicking it but later lost it all. the only thing that helped swim through it was swim's determination to get off the amphetamines.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2006