Drug info - Amanita Grades: What Does it All Mean?

Discussion in 'Amanita' started by cupdetat, Nov 29, 2005.

1. cupdetat

cupdetat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    A++. A+. A???? I have heard that they grade them only on appearance,
    but this doesn't make any sense to me. How could you possibly tell how
    potent amanitas are just from appearance? Also, is there any noticeable
    difference between Siberian and Washington Amanitas? Are the highest
    priced Amanitas usually the vendor's best? I ordered some "A Siberian"
    grade Amanitas from an [edited] seller and felt zero effects from dosing 7
    grams. I'm getting some A+ Washington grade this week from an online
    vendor with a nice proffessional looking website. Should these be
    better?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2006
  2. Ninja Master

Ninja Master Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    the grades are a bull shit way to advertise how good they are. its just bull shit honestly. some of the "grade A++" from a random vendor looks like horse shit compared to some of them that i pull. i sugest you look at this post and rethink who you buy amanita from. its not a bad idea to research the vendor your buying from.

https://drugs-forum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102196&postcount=47

3. psychedelaholic

psychedelaholic Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from england
    The grades are meant to do nothing with potency, but insted just refer to the quality of appearance of the caps. So A++ would be large perfectly formed caps with no chunks missing or cracks etc. Then you get really crappy ones, I think grade E might be the lowest which means they are all crushed up and have bits of grass and other crap in with them too.

I'm pretty sure thats what the grades are meant to refer to, whether certain vendors realise/care that this is the case is another matter.

4. dragonmage

dragonmage Newbie

Reputation Points:
    36 y/o
    A+ washington state should be a rich,bright red and yellow look just how they do in alice and wonderland,perfect in everyway.grade C- siberian will look like flat dried out turds that have been pulled out of the ground.i rather eat grade A+ anyday,but the price you should get alot more grade C- than A+,at least 3 times the amount.effects,grade A+ will give you a big body buzz like a potent painkiller with the hallucinations.grade C- will give a body buzz but nowhere as intense, with the hallucinations.grade A+ don't eat four caps you will be sorry if its your first time,images flashed in my head at such rapid speed it made him sick,he couldn't control his mind the only satisfaction was curling up in a ball in the middle of his bed covered up with his eyes closed rocking.I will never do that again,2 is swims limit.stick with C- if its your first time,put them in salsa or nachos or a salad very grainy texture,but if you can eat them raw go for it.I do if he feels up to it.

given the difference between A and C i would never buy D or E for anything in this world,never seen grade D or E and never want to.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2006
  5. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.

Swim bought some ungraded amanitas from an online seller a few years ago. They looked like they would probably be a D or E. They were completely crushed into little pieces so I couldn't even tell if they were a mushroom before. There were tons of little roots and pieces of random grasslike material he had to pick out.

He mixed 14g in with ramen and somehow managed to get it all down - it was fine at first but as he started eating slower and the water changed colour it started to taste like shit!. He had a fairly decent hallucinogenic trip.

He later tried some A+ grade amanitas from another site. The effects were about the same, though the visuals weren't as pronounced.

I would be interested to hear what more people have to say about the difference in effects between grades of Amanitas, as though the first batch I got looked like shit they worked pretty well. I have yet to see any evidence that grade denotes quality of trip or anything else other than how pretty the shrooms look.

6. Bajeda

Bajeda Super Moderator Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I got some Amanitas caps in recently from a reputable online vendor. He got assorted B+ quality caps and was very happy. They were way better than the other ones he had tried in regards to ease of consumption.

Swim might make a tea next time, but seriously, not having to pick little roots and dirt and flakey bits out before eating the mushrooms made things much much easier. Dont think he cares enough to pay more for above B+ or A- quality though.

7. kryptik

kryptik Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM just recently ordered and rec'd some A Latvian Caps, and European A/B mix... swim found the latvian to be very strong and potent... strong taste... the european ones tasted sweeter, and were cleaner... swim ingested 28grams of the euro and felt absolutely nothing.. ingested them dry, as sim rec'd them...

I would order again solely cuase they tasted good, but the only effect I got was a full stomach.. and nothing else... I hasn't much messed w/ her latvian ones cuase I want to know what the best way to feel the efx would be? smoking them, using them in a tea?? I will post this in a diff thread... as for the grades, I agree w/ the others.. although, swim's A grades had some grass in them, and were gritty, like there was dirt in them... especially in the caps.... swim rinsed hers before eating them...

8. kalininin

kalininin Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from belgium
    phew, 28 gr n nothing ?? maybe u had a [very] full sto0mach already ? otherwise this hardly seems possible. statistically speaking in the 28 grams there mustve been material ofstrong quality. how bout the latvians, You tried those already ?

9. allenadale

allenadale Newbie

Reputation Points:
    60 y/o
    Swim purchased muscaria caps online last year. They were Washington Grade A+ and I was very happy with them. The company he ordered them from deals with a picker who knows what he's doing.

The grading system is all about the appearance. Grade A++ are dark red, complete caps. Grade E would be broken pieces and dull yellows. There's no way to rate individual mushrooms without trying them. The ibotenic acid content varies too much from mushroom to mushroom, even in shrooms growing in the same ring. But as a general rule, the brighter the colors, and the darker the reds, the better.

Swim will buy muscaria again. But he prefers to pick his own.