1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Ambien and drug testing

Discussion in 'Drug testing discussion' started by julian, Nov 12, 2008.

1. julian

julian

Reputation Points:
    Swim has a friend who was wondering if Ambien (Zolpidem) would effect a standard dip stick drug test in any way. Swim understands Zolpidem is similar to a benzo, but would the test show positive for benzos? If the urine sample was sent to a lab would the results come back positive for anything? Does anybody know if this substance is even tested for?

Swim used the search engine and could not find the answer to this question. If anyone can answer or post a link to an existing thread it would be much appreciated.

2. drug-bot

drug-bot

Reputation Points:
  3. julian

julian

Reputation Points:
    Great link. Thank you.

4. channelv

channelv Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM uses Ambien regularly and is tested for urine weekly. It hasn't shown up even when used a day before. No worries, it isn't tested for as drug of abuse (at least not yet)

5. seven7seven

seven7seven Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM just took a 5-panel dip test for THC, cocaine, meth, opiates, and benzos. SWIM used only zolpidem and JWH-081 in the past week. JWH-081 never shows up for anything on the tests, so its use is probably irrelevant. SWIM took 20mg last night around 10:00pm and then 10mg at 6:00am the next morning and then took the test at 3:15pm. POSITIVE FOR BENZOS!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhh, stress, SWIM has a script but what a nerve racking ten minutes trying to explain to his PO why his piss is dirty!!! SWIM has heard a lot of misinformation saying zolpidem doesn't cause false positives. It does, FOR SURE!!! Be careful and don't get caught SWIMming in the deep end!!!

6. towergreen

towergreen

Reputation Points:
    Hey
    What if someone takes legal benzos ? Would zolpidem mess with your wiz-quiz results?

7. dragon6102

dragon6102 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Ambien does NOT trigger a positive for benzos. It must have a been a freak thing in your case. It does not.

8. Mr. Finklewoort

Mr. Finklewoort Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I had a drug test today, and I used the substitution method using somebodies urine. The person I got it from takes Ambien to go to sleep, and I looked it up last night and thought I would be fine.

Needless to say, I passed for everything except benzos.

Ambien can cause false positives for benzos.