1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Combinations - Ambien (Zolpidem) and Methadone

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by clmorris, Mar 1, 2010.

1. clmorris

clmorris Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female
    Is it safe to take Ambien at night if you take Methadone during the day? The Methadone is taken during the day for chronic pain and Swim was given the Ambien to take at night because of insomnia (from a friend). Is this safe?

clmorris added 137 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Anybody, it's getting close to bedtime and I need some sleep. Please help! Thanks.

clmorris added 3 Minutes and 16 Seconds later...

I don't think Ambien is a benzo, so it should be safe to take, right? The methadone I take is earlier in the day, so I wouldn't be taking it with the Ambien, of course. Does anyone have any experience or thoughts about this. I need my sleep!

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  2. xXwillyXx

xXwillyXx Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Zolpidem has a high safety profile due to the low dose required for hypnotic effects, and the high doses required for respiratory depression. SWIM should check with their doctor before combining a narcotic with a sedative. Benzodiazepine is a class of drugs, which all share a chemical similarity. Zolpidem does not fit into this chemical classification, but works the same way benzodiazepines do.

Ambien would probably be the safest sedative hypnotic to take with a narcotic. When combining the two, start out by lowering the doses of both medications. Be safe!!!

Tags: