Oral use - Ambien (Zolpidem) Basic Questions re Recreational Use

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by gfnofxc22, Dec 3, 2004.

1. gfnofxc22

gfnofxc22 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hows it going everone? I just got a couple of questions abot Ambien, just to know what I am up against.

I have already learned much from google, but there are still come questions I could not find answers for.

1. Some people say they trip ever time they abuse it. Others say sometimes nothing happens. If thats true why is that?

2. My friend told me that weather you take 10 mg or 30 mg it makes no difference. Is that true?

3. High long does the Ambien high last?

4. Coming from another person who has experinced it: Can you smoke weed or drink before or during an Ambien trip? Would it be safe?

All you help would really be appreciated. THanks a lot.

2. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Its a sleeping pill. If you can stay awake on it, you will probably just feel sleepy. I wouldnt take too much of this drug.</font>

3. gfnofxc22

gfnofxc22 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    From what I hear its much greater than sleeping. From what I heard you halucinate and stuff.

4. Micklemouse

Micklemouse Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    Use the Search Engine or look in the 'Other Downers and Sleeping Pills' forum - there's loads of stuff on Ambien(generic=Zolpidem).

5. OneDiaDem

OneDiaDem Nefelibata Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I suppose if you took enough of anything you would trip. When I had a script for this, it didnt do anything for me but make me sleepy. But, I am a little on the cautious side, and dont want to die trying to find a hallucinogen in something that isnt. It may effect some people in this way, but it didnt me.</font>

6. getonline

getonline Newbie

Reputation Points:
    If you take Ambien when you're overtired, then fight it by not going to bed (and sleep), you won't remember anything. I took an Ambien before I was planning on sleeping. Well, my wife wanted to have sex. So the next morning, I had no memory of 'doing it' with her. Total amnesia.

7. Dreeker

Dreeker Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    yup i just started takin ambien

made me kind of hallucinate "if u wanna call it that" the first 3 or 4 times

8. gordonb

gordonb Newbie

Reputation Points:
    48 y/o
    That stuff makes you hallucinate if you don't goto sleep in the
    prescribed time. My wife start tripping about walls crawling and my
    face was all wacked out at a distance(she wears glasse) so when she
    feels that kickin in she just tries to close her eyes and let it take
    over.

So I order me a 100 pills of the stuff from some india distro at around
    1.20 a pill. I look forward to great weird and sleepfull evenings

You can do a search on ambien and hallucinations

9. RoboCop

RoboCop Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    I have to disagree with onediadem, this is no ordinary sleeping pill, very psychoactive, in fact I can see it being removed as a prescribed sleeping pill due to abuse in the future. I do not hallucinate to much, but do feel really, highlike, drunklike, and slightly triplike. Its effects are hard to explain.

You do not need alot of ambien to get good effects 2 pills should work. (of 10mg pills) 20mg produces nice effects while 40 mgs you won't remmember a dam thing of the night.
    Even 10mg will work, but I go with 20mg.

DO NOT drink with it, I read this can be very dangerous, and personally I think it'd be really unnecessary. As for smoking cannabis with it this is something I really really want to try.
    How long do the effects last? hard to say usually you won't remmember the last hour or two you are awake on it, at least if you take a high dose. You'll just wake up in wierd places in your house not knowing why you feel asleep there or when.

10. RoboCop

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Onediadem how many mgs a piece where your ambien pills? I'm guessing they were not 10mgs?

11. dastardlymonkey

dastardlymonkey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    ambien causes many people i know to start dreaming while awake when about 60mg or so are used and the user fights sleep,things start becoming increasingly strange.Of course the majority of people i know used cocaine with it to fight the sleepy effects,and i can't vouche for the safety of that.

on another note,ambien has confuse me worse than any or substance i've tried

12. t3h_1337

t3h_1337 Newbie

Reputation Points:

I am pretty sure that at around 50mg people start to lose bladder control. It definately does not take 60mg to trip.15mg-30mg is enough. As for fighting the sleepy effects, it really isn't that hard to do. I have never seen anyone have a problem doing it, unless they were really tired before they took the Ambien. There is certainly no need to mix this with cocaine simply to get the full effects of Ambien.

13. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ambien will mess you up. i know people who hallucinate and some who
    dont I never have but heard that it is no mushroom or acid trip. the
    more you take the stroger the effect or so ive found in my experiences.
    i enjoy both drinking and smoking while using ambien but am not
    suggesting it cause as with all drugs there is a risk. drinking
    isnt very pleasurable at real high doses but smoking is very enjoyable

14. dastardlymonkey

dastardlymonkey Newbie

Reputation Points:
    it all depends on your tolerance to things.i dont' personally condone the use of cocaine and pharms,but it did make it possible for us to take ungodly amounts of ambien and still have some chunk of wakefullness left.

again though.ambien=mass confusion.i couldn't remember how to urinate after eating two 30 mg's.

15. joemomma

joemomma Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have tried 20 mg sniffed with no effects but I know people who use it
    a lot and they say that 20mg will make you trip the most I have heard
    of is 40mg a lot of times they say they cannot remember anything but
    hear that they do things.. sounds like somthing I would like to do but
    maybe I need a higher dose

16. RoboCop

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    Im surprised to hear you felt nothing from 20mgs, since you are going to take more I advise you to just up it another 10mg, 30mg will for sure provide effects. Its not all that great going to overboard with this drug, like you said you won't remmember a thing if you take to much, but if you find just the right dose its pretty good. I like to take 30mgs, nice effects.

17. t3h_1337

t3h_1337 Newbie

Reputation Points:

You didn't feel the 20 mg because you snorted it. Ambien andbenzos are not water soluble and they cannot pass through the mucus membrane in your nose(unlike painkillers, coke, ect...). Snorting Ambien burnsreallybad also.Just swallow theAmbien on an empty stomac and you should feel it working within 10 minutes.

18. MegaLab420

MegaLab420 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Speaking from experience, it does not make you hallucinate, and taking more of it isn't going to mess you up much more than one 10mg pill. MAYBE taking 15mg would be a good max, and in rare cases with people who are not sensitive to medication, 20mg, but you would be wasting them if you took more than this.

I generally wash them down with a beer or two, and sometimes, three.. but I am not advising YOU do that. "I" do that, because I am ME and I can do whatever I want. So there.

19. joemomma

joemomma Newbie

Reputation Points:

Really... I know a coulpe people who do it all the time and they get
    pretty messed up Thanks for the advice though Ill try just eating them
    next time.

20. thrillme

thrillme Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I've been on ambien for about six months. I "trip" on it just about every night. It's nothing compared to "real" psychadelics like acid, but it's pretty cool. I take 10mgs, and I have a pretty high tolerance to benzos and the like. You don't really need much more then 10mg, because if you're not used to it 20mgs can make you throw up pretty quickly.
    Be careful, it does cause sort of an amnesia sometimes. I'll wake up some mornings and my boyfriend will tell me that we had sex. Apparently ambien makes me horny. I remember some of it, but most of it is just a blank.