1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Dose - Ambien (Zolpidem) Recreational Dosage?

Discussion in 'Downers and sleeping pills' started by powerpenguin, Jun 11, 2005.

1. powerpenguin

powerpenguin Newbie

Reputation Points:
    How much 10mg tablets wouldSwim need to take to get high? What sortof effects wouldSwim have?

Swim must not get so stoned that his Mam would notice who lives with him. Swim doesn't like outdoors much, too far from the kettle and computer.Edited by: powerpenguin

2. Softrat

Softrat Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I don't know what dose you would want to take but from what I have read Ambien may very well be a delirient hallucinogen like datura and other nightshades.

If this is the case a full psychoactive dose would likely induce very bizzare behavior.

3. Mike177

Mike177 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Ambien itself dosent really have recreational value for many, but there are a few people who really love the effects givin from it. SWIM has experamented with ambien in doases of 5mg,10mg,15mg,20mg,and 30mg and I personaly dont see what all the hype is about. 10mg will give me a great night sleep but fail to see how it was "fun". on 20mg i may of gotten some mild visual disturbances, but nothing prodomonet, could of been placebo. With 30mg I apperantly fell down some stairs and woke up sore with cuts a scrapes, I didnt remember a damn thing.

Now SWIM's freind on the other hand uses these things whenever he can, often takeing large amounts (60mg+) or snorting smaller amounts. He LOVES IT, and says for him its a very fun drug.

If you want to give it a try, go for it. but dont expect too much more than a good nights sleep from it. I would start around 15-20mg and work my way up from there if supply wasent a problem. Have fun, Be safe, and stay far away from mom!

4. betsym

betsym Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Female
    Swim's husband once took 2 Ambien (not sure what milligram but she thinks at least 20 mg each) and the night ended with him standing naked in the living room with several paramedics standing around trying to get him dressed to go to the hospital.Swim called the hospital thinking her husband had had a stroke because he had gotten up to go to the bathroom and when he came back he fell right down on top of her on her side of the bed instead of his side and would not get up. When he did get up, after the paramedics got there, he was acting like a madman, trying to pull Swim's nightgown off in front of all those people and babbling incoherently, as if he had been drinking heavily.He ended up not going to the hospital but fell dead asleep and they told Swim to watch him, which she did. Needless to say, he never took any more Ambien. Apparently, there had been reports of people having strange hallucinations and weird goings-on with this stuff. Swim's husband initially had taken one and didn't feel sleepy so took another a little while later. By the time he got ready for bed he had begun to feel the first affects. He did not remember the incident with the paramedics the next day and did not believe it had happened until they confirmed it. He was mortified to have been walking around in front of people with no clothes on. Swim is just grateful the kids did not wake up and see their father like that! Swim would never take this sleeping pill after seeing what it did to him. Of course, he did take two but even so...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  5. Fred the Janitor

Fred the Janitor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    10 mg fucks me up good

6. Colby

Colby Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    yea 10 mg/s u should be cool but ambien is kinda shitty u kind of black out on it man, and everything is like a dream, it works really good to help you sleep though, dont take too much of it 10-20 mgs at most or u will just pass out into a deep sleep

7. Stan Mar5h

Stan Mar5h Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    ^
    Ambien does not have a 20mg pill.

Anyway, forget swim, I took 10mgs once and got some head disassociation and mild euphoria. Nothing amazing, but better than none at all indeed. 20mg, some good visuals, high euphoria, but fell asleep within an hour. Had awesome dreams though.... I took 30mgs, and fell asleep well before I could experience anything really great. Woke up with a shit-ass hangover.

8. fnord

fnord Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    myself and a friend both took 20 mg's of ambien and tripped out pretty good, although it was like a high dose of dxm with lite visuals, we both ended up vomiting and then stoped tripping

9. anabolictrio

anabolictrio Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from italy
    I tried Ambien , for my experience it has no recreational value at all.
    I tried 10mg, 20mg, 30mg and 50mg.
    At low doses it gives me nice sleeps.
    At higher doses everything looked robotic and automated, a bit weird but not very funny... then i fell asleep directly.

10. kemistudent

kemistudent Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from earth
    Ambien, Zoldipem Tartrate is NOT a recreational drug.. unless you consider feeling drowsy recreational, in which case you would be considered by many as being LAME.

Ambien is fact acting, and has a very small window in which it is effective for falling asleep. If you are not tired you will most likely be too awake to fall asleep during that time and find yourself irritable and restless. I have tried it on numerous occasions and found washing it down with a beer or two helped a lot in my quest for sleep. Washing it down with more than that will lead to you waking up on the kitchen floor in a pile of drool wondering how the fuck you fell asleep there, and not on your 800 thread ct. sheets. Bad idea, and scary not remembering how/when/why.

Use good well informed judgement when mixing EtOH with other drugs.

11. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I was perscribed Ambien for about a month or more. I didn't know anything about it, I just thought it would help me sleep. The first night taking it I sat at my computer getting ready for bed, when this stuffed monkey I had started grinning and rubbing his hands together looking at me. After a while I realized I was in a very strange dream land every night for a month. It was like an Alice in Wonderland experience. I named the original monkey Garth, and I vaguely remember him velcrowed around my neck, walking through my neighborhood with lions and crazy things around.
    I would talk to this two headed plant person in my house a few times. Wall paper turned into streams of bands and swirling flowers.
    Eventually I could control the hallucinations. I was like a superhero in a strange dreamland. I could go on and on about things that happened (I don't remember most of the things. I woke up once with my bed moved out from the wall, I was asleep in between them).
    Anyway, I don't know if I was just super sensitive or what, but it was a very bizarre and VERY intense trip every night for a month.
    After that I just felt sorta ambien-high. Nothing special though.
    It was crazy.

12. luckyatl13

luckyatl13 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    I took 100 mg of ambien once and 2 xanax not sure what mg they were but they were bars. not a good thing. Overdosed dont rember anything, i stopped breathing at one point. i rember about up till 6 o clock i took them at 5. it was like being realy drunk. friends called all my friends about 20 ppl were there watching me to make sure i wasnt going to die.i didnt move much all i did was lay down and throw up from what my friends said. my friend was at the point of calln the paramedics but then i started doing better so he let me be. Id suggest not to do it thats just me but if you want to take aroudn 20 mg.

13. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have no idea where all of you who are saying that Ambien, also known as Zolpidem tartrate has no recreational value are gettin your information, because it defiantly does. Ambien is actually very abuseable, taking just one of the 10mg pills on a very empty stomach will send you to "la-la land". Taking even a higer doseage, such as 40 to 50 mg's will sending you flying to a new world. The strange thing about Ambien is that while your on it, you think you are fine and acting normal but the next day you will rembember only bits and pieces of what happened while you were under the infulence of Ambien. It's a very unique and strange drug. SWIM truely believes that sooner or later Ambien will be takin off the market or atleast not prescribed as often as it is now, because of the high abuse potential is contains. But, we'll see what happens!
    By the way, I sure hope you enjoy those Zolpidem Tartrate!

14. Abrad

Abrad R.I.P. Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Are you sure you're not confusing Zopiclone with Zolpidem, Zopiclone did absolutely nothing for SWIM, didn't even get him to sleep just gave him a horrible metallic tast in his mouth while Zolpidem definetely gets him very fucked-up even though he doesn't find it pleasent its great for sleep.

15. mark_v

mark_v Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Nope, for me it's the other way around.
    Zolpidem doesn't work for me as a sleep aid, and i can't enjoy the feeling you get if you take more for a recreational dose.

Zopiclone on the other hand works very well for me.
    15 mg is enough to make me fall into a deep sleep, and i'm an insomniac pur sang.
    It's true, the metallic taste is horrible, but the buzz you get from it, makes it all worth it :d

16. Raw edge

Raw edge Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from ireland
    I was prescribed Zimovane 7.5mg (zopiclone) a few months ago but I only used it a few times. I have to say I found it pretty effective in making me sleep. More recently I was prescibed stillnoct 10mg (zolpidem tartrate). This worked really well for a few day progressively I have found I wasn't sleeping as much, and more recently was having difficulty in falling asleep also. My doctor has told me to bump my dose if to 15mg and if that isn't effective he will give me a script for something else.

As an aside I used 750mg of diphenhydramine recreational last night, so if I sleep okay tonight with 15mg of stillnoct. It should remain effective for a few days at least. I am going to post about DPH experience seperately and would appreciate your comments.

17. Fred the Janitor

Fred the Janitor Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    the only thing i dont like about it is the feeling (high) that you get from it feels so synthetic and forced onto your body. like "GO TO SLEEP".. unlike shrooms which feel much more natural........from wut i hear

18. scotty6435

scotty6435 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    30mg of ambien doesn't have the effect of 10mg of valium for helping me to get to sleep and I normally take 30-50mg of valium with weed recreationally.

19. GNCSUX

GNCSUX Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    SWIM took 20mg ambein and couldnt remember a damm thing in the morning ... SWIM had a bad hangover feeling in the morning

20. Benzeneringz

Benzeneringz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    I think that Ambien (zolpidem) is not the drug to mess with in a situation where you need to keep yourself 'in line' due to mom, teacher etc. Ambien has a really steep dose-response curve and I've seen it affect different people different ways at different doses. There is a really fine line between a dose that'll be pleasantly sedating and a dose that'll be a disaster. Start out with 5 mgs if you can, and increase the dose by 5 mgs until you reach a nice spot. Do NOT exceed 30mgs in a single dose unless you are with a somewhat sober friend and in a safe enviroment because not even superman can act normal on 30mgs of Ambien.