USA - amercian officers on european TV - Cops show

Discussion in 'Drug Policy Reform & Narco Politics' started by Silence_Inc, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Silence_Inc

Silence_Inc Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    we have a program runnign on telvision here called COPS - you probably know it.

but the only thing i see on that show are cops treating people like animals - like soulless creatures - like wasted youth ...

i get so sick watching it.

last night there where 2 cops - one was a good cop - talking to people calming them down - he was btw the first one i ever saw acting like that on the show ... he was masterd in kung fu and could balance his emotions ...

but he guy after that - he stopped a car - cause it was driving with no lights ... than he found inside the car a girl totalle crying - totally not knowing what she was doing - totally harmless ... she explained the cop what happend to her and so on ... to make the story short ... the only thing the cop said to the girl is that she was lying - like he was saying it to some 4 year old kid that stole a cooky - or to a dog that wouldn't listen ... whil the girl was saying i swaer it's the truth - and you could feel she was saying the truth ... and she was completely loosing it psychologically cause her truth just got hit on a rickwall of disbelief by some heartless asshole in a uniform ...

se said the car was from her rommate - that she borowed it days ago - and the cop was saying she lied cause the car wa reported stolen that afternoon - so she couldn't have it for two days ... cause the paperwork said it could only be 1 day ... (STUPID COP! )

also the girl was approuched by the cop - he found her crying and in shock claiming to be running away from her boyfriend ... he went back to the carv and after that he yelled like some fucking trained robot - get out the car whil holding his gun - following all the fucked up rules he learned in police school ... wihout being human in any fucking way but ignorant.

the girl needed attention - and she got 1 night in jail ... i get sad by that show!

2. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Interesting is it not! They broadcast a show that is supposed to show police officers doing their job in an excellent way, still all I see is redicilous assholes trying to break people down. On top of that, the majority of officers on that show does not even seem to know what their "job" is about.

3. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    COPS is a fucking joke, it's just filming overreactionary police officers treating rednecks like dog shit to entertain other rednecks.

4. korky8097

korky8097 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Sadly, dealing with officers exactly like that day in and day out is reality in the states. I still believe that if you are allowed to carry a few deadly weapons around and are allowed to use them for "Justice", you should at least be a college graduate.

5. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Where I live, the police are very apologetic when they bother you. We have no gun laws here - so we are equal. They don't want to get in a gun fight. So it does work.

If you travel to Vermont - be nice. They will be nice back. It works in someplaces. And it could in yours - with lots of hard work.

6. Police Officer

Police Officer Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    You make the assumption that most of us dont have a college degree. I have 12 on my squad. 1 of the 12 dosent have a college degree. I have a bachelors.

In fact believe I have seen the episode you're talking about. She did steal it.

Remember, COPS is a TV show. They take hours and hours of footage from a single incident, and turn it into a 8 minute segment.

I challenge you with this question: What do you believe to be the appropriate response when a Police Officer finds someone driving a stolen car?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2006
  7. hh339

hh339 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    I believe that 250 cops load up with bazookas and handgrenades just blow the innocent victim to pieces!

No seriously, I know COPS is not reality police work due to editing and stufft + they always use the most well behaved officers at the shows (and theyr'e not really that well behaved^^). Still, the work I've seen so far at this show is quite ridicilous, reminds me of nazi-germany. I must say though, that I respect you as much I can, you seem honest police officer. :)

8. Each Hit

Each Hit Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    cops has some entertaining moments. i dont guess you saw the one with the big naked black guy on pcp (or so the story went) running in somebody's front yard.

i worked with two people here at school who are getting degrees in criminal justice (or something like that) to become police. one guy said that the department he wants to join requires a 2-year degree for employment, but encourages a 4-year degree (aka- better degree means better promotion opportunity). i don't think police are dumb. i just think a lot of them get off on busting other people.

9. radiometer

radiometer bananadine addict Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Most of the police officers I've dealt with personally seemed to be of above average intelligence. Of course don't really want idiots. But it cuts both ways. In some cases, scoring too high on an intelligence test can disqualify one for employment as a police officer:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_56314.html

10. N0ly

N0ly Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    i have met a few nice cops that let you explain the situation before they pass judgement. has this ever happened to you. cop asks you what happened pretends to listen then says "Well heres what i think" without leaving a second for wondering hey his explination could be the truth. for example. I was driving home one night from a friends house completly sober. But very tiered. I knew i shouldnt have been driving home givien how tired i was. got about three blocks away from my house when i fall asleep and crash through a white picket fence and into a tree. that was my second car wreck. got out of the car and noticed my first problem. beside the fact that i had totaled my car and it sure wasnt going anywhere the guy that ownd the fence and tree saw me and said "What the fuck did you do you drunk fuck." he turns around and calls the police. by the time they came i had already called my grandmother and was ready to get through the paperwork. the cop pulls up i get up from the side of my car and he yeahs stop dont move. made me get on my knees with my fingers laced behind my head. then he starts asking me the questions like where are you coming from what have youhad to drink tonight. i said nothing which was true cop clearly didnt believe me. so he let me up and made me do a sobriety test walk a straight line and such when i got to the pen light test i was fine till my eyes went to the far left. they shook. instantly i knew i was going to get grief. so then the cop badgers me with questions and disbelif listing his theorys and hypothoses. no matter what i did i couldnt convince him that i was completly sober infact i hadent had anything in 4 weeks. still dont know why my eyes shook. but he ends up telling my grandmother im on drugs and that i was lieing, his uniform scortching athrity into her brain. if i ever met the cop that told my 78 year old grandmother that her only grandson was an out of control hopeless teen waste drug addict i have no idea what i would do first.

11. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I've hears alot of people say that they've failed sobriety tests while sober becuase of nerves, so you aren't the only one. And did You do alot of dxm before those 4 weeks of being clean becuase a high dose will cuase at least swims eyes to shake for days afterwards.

12. N0ly

N0ly Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    no I havent doen DXM for about a year now. found out that the CCC he had been abusing for months straight had left him with a dead mass in his liver about the size of a half dollar. that included with near fatal overdose has made him want to never touch the stuff again. but I didnt get a ticket because i didnt completly fail the sobriety test.

13. rocco_blitz

rocco_blitz Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Check this out NOly I had got called into work @ 3:a.m. Now I was almost 30 miles + away from work.Verry tired I decided to go and the cops pulled him,got him for 2<nd dui on the basis of the pin test.The facts are if youre eyes start to so-called twige at an angle of 45 degres,from the pen then this tells the cop that you are at at least .15 on the breath test.......Well this method does not discriminate between swiys that wear glasses or anything like that,this is called nstigimus syndrone.Again these tests found that normal people (BTW who the hell is normal) without this condition when the super cop pulls out his little pen or sometimes a little flash-light and believe swim as this could happen to any-one,they the cops will make it out to be dui dui.Well swims lawer jumped on this loop-hole took it to the box=not guilty maybe just luck but swims lawer said it was the nstigimus syndrone that set him free from the 2"nd dui.........................

Tags: