Drug info - amineptine

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by Lehendakari, May 1, 2006.

1. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    Swim recently became interested in a drug called amineptine. Here is some good info:

Amineptine (Survector) is a clean-ish, (relatively) selective dopamine reuptake blocker. Higher doses promote dopamine release too. Amineptine is pro-sexual and liable occasionally to cause spontaneousorgasm It is a mild but pleasant psychostimulant and a fast-acting mood-brightener. Unlike most other tricyclics, it doesn't impair libido or cognitive function. Unlike typical stimulants and other activating agents, it may actually improve sleep architecture. Scandalously, amineptine isn't licensed and marketed in Britain and America. For it is feared it might have "abuse-potential". FDA pressure led to its withdrawal in Europe too. This drove it onto the pharmaceutical grey market, discomfiting doctors and patients alike.

Anyone tried it recreationally?

2. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
  3. Darksanity

Darksanity Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM's VERY interested in this wonder antidepressant. It's like THE ANTIDEPRESSANT a lot of people would FIX their depression/addiction with. There's no other antidepressant like this one and it got banned by the FDA fuckers that control everything from wich drugs we can get to wich drugs we are allowed to put in OUR bodies.

4. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    I have kept interest about this drug but prices are to high to give it a try. He also is interested in tianeptine which is supposed to be its substitute but again very expensive. Tianeptine also appears to be a wonder AD: no toxicity, lack of side effects and cures depression beyond symtoms.

I don't understand why these drugs are so difficult to get. Amineptine is banned for liver toxicity?
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=2744728&dopt=Citation

Teenage's suicides and thousands of people suffering horrible withdrawals symtoms and addiction have done nothing to ban paroxetine or fluoxetine but just a few anecdotical repòrts of liver toxicity put this drug away. Who are they trying to fool?

That's what FDA said I guess. Drugs like this are the clear evidence that FDA only work for pharm companies, making them earn lots of money and telling us some bullshit to put everyone against the bussiness in jail.

And what about Tianeptine?? This remarkable drug has been proven effective in trials comparing it with typical ssri's and showed no toxicity at all and it works by modulating neuroplasticity.

Apparently millions of people could benefit this drug and take an AD pill to actually cure depression, instead of being hooked to a nasty substance to alleviate the symptons and suffer its horrid side effects..... Guess what: this drug doesn't exist in the USA neither in many countries in EU. I guess the french lab that created it (same responsible for amineptine) is not as good at marketing as FDA.

I was going to open a trheat on tianeptine in the SSRI forum (as it is actually a SSRE, selective serotonin reuptake enhancer) but I was waiting to try it, but it is too damn expensive

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  5. enquirewithin

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    I have read elewhere it is an effective med (or may be) but has little recreational value.

6. Lehendakari

Lehendakari Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from spain
    Its action upon libido could be recreational enough. :crazy Also it could be a great stimulant (amphetamine, MPH) booster.

Anyway swim interest on this drug is not recreation. He wants to see its potential as smart-drug, anxiety-depression-reliever, motivation booster and others.

I was on ssri once. He thinks amineptine and tianeptine can be a better substitute.

I am still trying to get a cheap source.

7. drugsrbad

drugsrbad Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Bupropion and Sertraline together also casue spontanteous orgasm. I like to orgasm when i have sex... not when i am taking a math test or play video games. You would have to bring extra underwear with you everywhere you go.

8. enquirewithin

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Yes, could be messy! From what I have read elsewhere, the 'spontaneous orgasms' may be a myth with this one.:confused:

Tags: