Snorting - amino acids

Discussion in 'Various drugs not covered by other forums' started by Gerard, May 10, 2004.

1. Gerard

Gerard Newbie

Reputation Points:
    anyone know if any effect is achieved by snorting free form amino acids such as l-tyrosine or DL-phenylalanine? as these are the aminos that are turned into dopamine and adrenalin. Also any thoughts on mixing these with cocaine or speed prior to snorting?

2. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    5-HTP can give you a fair buzz if you empty a capsule or two under your tongue and let the powder dissolve in your mouth. L-Theanine can give a very mild benzo-type buzz.

Never tried snorting or mixing with anything.

3. nikonikad

nikonikad Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from sweden
    take L-Glutamin to gain muscle

4. Ximot

Ximot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    L-Glutamin has many many benefits, though it shouldnt be taken inadvertently for to long perios of time as this my cause some imbalances.

Anyway, benefits include raised energy levels, increased muscle mass indeed, and stimulation of HGH (growth hormone).

...and did you know that your intestinal walls contain mostly glutamine? it will help rebuild those after a detox ... also one reason why a pretty high dose is in order: most of it gets absorbed by the intestinal walls and will move no further.

5. MacBeth

MacBeth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Hi...

I would think that snorting free-form tyrosine and phenylalanine probably wouldn't be of much, if any value at all. If you want to really enjoy the benefits of these essential amino acids my personal recommendation is to smoke erythroxylum coca base. In this way you will derive the benefits of tyrosine, phenalalanine, and tryptophan (which is the precursor to serotonin). Moreover, evolution took about a billion years to design and perfect alkaloids like erythroxylum coca. Better than FDA approved, but be careful because in today's world the base is leached from the leaves in illicit laboratories using strong solvents. The Incas used citric acid, but they were more civlized than us. Freebase will work too.

6. eltimmy

eltimmy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from Maryland, U.S.A.
    >Moreover, evolution took about a billion years to design and perfect alkaloids like erythroxylum coca

The hell? Coca wasn't evolving for human use a billion years ago, buddy. How old is humanity again? LOL.

Now, tyrosine hydroxylase and the synthesis of serotonin from tryptophan has been active in species for quite a long time ...

>The Incas used citric acid, but they were more civlized than us

Totally dude ... especially the infant sacrifice! lolzers

>Better than FDA approved

You have got to be kidding me.

7. Pomzazed

Pomzazed Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from thailand
    Isnt tyrosine got decarboxylated to tyramine which gives a nasty headachey hangover?

8. eltimmy

eltimmy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yea (that's one pathway), but your trusty ol' monoamine oxidase A and B should take care of that ... unless you happen to have knocked them out of commission, somehow, somehow ... :p Don't take supraphysiological tyrosine with MAOIs, kids.

9. MacBeth

MacBeth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I stand by my posting. The evolution of Erythroxylum coca has nothing to do with whether or not humans were around and using it. Timelines for both E. coca and papaver somniferum (opium) each go back about 4,000 years, but that is just the recorded history of use by humans. The Incas lived in peace and harmony with their environment. They didn't destroy the rainforests, and they didn't wage war with surrounding tribes. They were brilliant botanists. They may have sacrificed some infants and virgins in peculiar religious rites, but no one is perfect...

10. eltimmy

eltimmy Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    >The evolution of Erythroxylum coca has nothing to do with whether or not humans were around and using it.

Aye ... and therefore its evolution had nothing to do with its superiority for action on monoamines and monoamine precursors in humans -- especially considering defensive compounds probably eventually evolve to be unselective in their neurochemical action, not selective.

Did you know there's Acacias in Texas that grows phenethylamines, including d-amphetamine?

>They may have sacrificed some infants and virgins in peculiar religious rites, but no one is perfect...

Uh huh. I hate this hippie noble savage shit.

11. MacBeth

MacBeth Newbie

Reputation Points:
    You appear to be a very agumentative sort. Remember where this all started... Someone named RARFE asked whether or not he should mix free-form tyrosine and phenalalanine with c. hydrochloride and snort it. I expressed my opinion. It would seem that on this point at least we agree. E. coca has similar effects on the brains of lessor animals most of which have been around much longer than humans. It's why we use rats etc in experiments. My observation is that you have difficulty to see the proverbial forest because you are looking too closely at each tree - not only acacias in TX, but there are many botannical species with extraordinary neurologically related characteristics that we generally no little or nothing about. For intent and purposes of this forum: a drug forum, it would seem significant that the Incas used citric acid to extract the E. coca base from the leaves. Today we mostly use sulphuric acid, as alarming as that may be. In this regard the Incas were more civilized at least in the reverence that they paid to their drug(s) - and their own health and safety.

12. Pomzazed

Pomzazed Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from thailand
    Hmm...
    The firecat thinks the conversation should be back to the topic :)

So, regardless of the firecat not believing it has feasible effects, anyone tried that and has experiences?

13. Crystal_Queen

Crystal_Queen Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from Canada
    Probly not...the reason is they require metabolism.

L-Tyramine > L-Dopa > Dopamne > NorEpinephrine

If you snort L-Tyrosine...then only L-Tyrosine enters the blood and stays unchanged when it reaches the brain. L-Tyrosine in the brain does nothing.

but you never know really.. lol