Drug info - Amphetamine (Adderall Instant-Release) Neurotoxicity/Toxicity

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by Rexcavator, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Rexcavator

Rexcavator Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    So like an idiot I went a did 200mg of methamphetamine thinking my adderall script couldn't be filled for another couples days to a week. It ended up being available that same day and being as compulsive as I am (listerally OCD psych-diagnosed and all) I went and picked up my script.

Before I move on,I just want to point out a couple of things. First, the specific compulsive tendency (and I have ALOT of annoying tendencies) I am referring to above is that if something has a need to be done, then it by all means has to be done RIGHT when it I should learned of, regardless if it has a due date or not, and also I feel I am not already taking care of something. Lastly, along with my OCD I am what you call VERY (sorry, so many caps, but emphasis!) ADD/ADHD, honestly no idea which one specifically have been diagnosed since childhood. Thus, that is why the addy script, and sometimes it deplete faster than desired due to study-binges and sometimes when it is gone I -rarely mind you- substitute meth :(. One more thing, I am in nursing school getting my BSN. So 18-credits, three labs, a recitation, along with multiple research papers should definitely merit my speed use, especially for an ADD/ADHD sufferer.

Now, to the issue I have. So as previously stated I took meth unknowingly that day my script eventually filled, and I'd take adderall over methamphetamine for studying (which is all I use it for, don't find amps all that rec). I didn't even consider the possibility that meth a tolerance would blow an adderall tolerance out of the fucking water(don't know why I didn't, they're both amphetamines), but once my pharmacy texted me and let me know my script is ready for pickup it dawned on me. So shit, cross-tolerance. I decided to take about 50mg of addy because to me it honestly felt like the meth had already worn off.

I usually gauge adderall or really any pharmaceuticals, that I'll be around, to take either 30 minutes to an hour to onset, more than hour ineffective due to tolerance or whatever. So after an hour of taking the addy I had decided I was still actively on meth (duh). So I figured I'll just sleep it off eventually (this was like 3pm), I find that any amount of time in R.E.M. sleep usually resets me meaning I can dose anything and expect a whole new onset rather than what I hate the most which is just add to duration/re-dose. Well long story short, i ended up not sleeping at all and next thing I knew it was the next.

Granted I tried to sleep that night, I tried for a full 12 hours of attempting and the closest I got was non-R.E.M. sleep where your awake but an hour goes by in the blink of an eye and you don't remember dick. But overall easily differentiated from good ol R.E.M.

So I took the stupid chance of assuming that non deep sleep counted because I've had times where barely 20 minutes of R.E.M. sleep counted as far as making a dose of anything a "dose" or a "re-dose." So with that said I took about 105mg of adderall, assumed my tolerance was already at a unfortunately substantial level. Guess what happened? Another dame re-dose and unfortunately I know all too well that all a redoes does is add to your tolerance and duration.

Another long story short, another all nighter went by this time I wasn't stupid enough to assume I slept and didn't touch the pill bottle. Probably due to me being adequately stimulated over the three days/two nights I maneged to get a bunch of studying done I guess I was decently satisfied other wise I probably would have resorted to other means.

Anyways the week days of that order above was from Tuesday-Thursday. Friday, Saturday, Sunday I managed to be well rested, 8+ hours, but being in nursing school I frequently, and I mean fucking frequently have huge exams in difficult classes over 100s of pages of material so that weekend I had to spend studying and subsequently on adderall. Friday=105mg(hardly any but just enough stimulation); Saturday=135mg(equivalent to Friday); Sunday=105mg, but plugged this dose(same effects as prior 2 days); Monday=150mg(planned to take break, I really did/wanted to, but after class more was assigned. As for effects, about same only a little more motivation noticed).

So with the fucking monster of dose I took today (Monday) and aware of the Neurotoxicity of methamphetamine level to be aware of, as well as the slightly less nature of adderall's potential Neurotoxicity. I ask all of you who read my story this: am I quite literally paying a price for this gigantic dosing over these four days (seven including tues, wed, thus)? Am I basically frying my dopamine receptors, or worse other parts of my brain? Whenever I have normally consider "binges" i also feel normal whenever I do sleep. Oh and keep in mind that my pulse was/is never over 100, and highest I've ever measured my BP to be was 130-140/90-100, but no higher and I feel that amount to be expected on stims.

Lastly (finally), a little about me. I never take doses like that maybe once or twice a year. I do not have an abuse issue with amps, I'd rather not take them due to the sleepness, depression, sweating (for me atleast), and anxiety. I weigh 170lb/77.27kg and am 6'1" I usually eat well even on amps I force myself. Other meds: 100mg Zoloft/sertraline a day, 750mg levofloxacin (last of from previous cold), I take 25mg to 100mg of seroquel for sleep, as needed, and I take 250mg of chelated magnesium twice a day, morning and night. Also before this little "seven-day" amp marathon, my tolerance was probably where I could take 30-45mg adderall (more prescribed/normal daily dose) and get the focus effect I want.

After today (Monday) I swear to take a break of a week+, I have a fast metabolism where my tolerance listerally reset to about baseline after 2 or so weeks.

*so sorry for the over-kill on the post, I'm just one to believe ALL of the info is essential when posing an idea.*
    *also, I don't post much on here, if I broke a rule sorry! Feel free to fix it or have me do it. Oh and if any more info is needed from me let me know! Thanks any/all who provide insight ahead of time!*

2. sexygrandpa101

sexygrandpa101 Silver Member Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    That is a highly excessive amount of amphetamines. That amount is a real danger zone. All I can say is hope you can lower your tolerance down from amphetamines. It takes me a bit over a few weeks for my tolefance to subside. But keep in mind, it differs from person to person

3. Rexcavator

Rexcavator Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yea it's definitely going to be a hurdle, I just don't want any perm at Neurotoxicity damage to be dealt. I happen to be very fond of my brain, however almost just as fond of brain barrier-crossing substances hehe.

4. gonzochef

gonzochef Professional lab rat Palladium Member Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.
    So you took 200 mg of meth to compensate for not being able to fill your adderall script? How many mg of adderall are you prescribed daily? And how much do you actually take daily, on average? What ROA did you use with such a strong dose? Then you added 50mg of adderall to the meth... and you're wondering why you slept like shit?

I don't understand, is this a trip report? Is there a question somewhere in there?

I really hate to say this, but I think more information IS actually needed here. I don't understand what information you are hoping to receive. Maybe if you could explain why you took so much or what you hoped to achieve by doing so. Was it just to study? Those are higher than therapeutic doses of speed, but you say you don't find meth recreational...

5. Rexcavator

Rexcavator Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I apologize my post is quite scrambled and basically in a nut shell my question is how much damage in terms of Neurotoxicity are the high doses of adderall that I had taken potentially causing me. And ROA is oral, and yea I just don't really find speed ingenerall all that recreational I mean maybe the initial rush but after that I find meth specifically not all that great although it does help with add symptoms but not as much as adderall does. For me personally anyway. Again sorry, let me know should more clarification be needed.

Rexcavator added 2 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Oh and I'm prescribed 30-45mg of instant release daily depends on the day if I need that extra 15mg and then I take frequent 1-3 day break in between 1-3 days of dosing (not binges each day is separate from the next)

Rexcavator added 3 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

And yea it's to study I don't seek out a rush or euphoria, although there is euphoria sometimes it's just a plus I guess. Quite honestly in terms of productivity I'm a slave to amps, w/ out them I can't motivate or focus myself worth shit. The

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  6. gonzochef

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.
    So if you're prescribed less than 50 mg of adderall a day, why would you take 200 mg of a stronger amp to compensate? And then take more than your daily dose of adderall on top of that?

I guess to answer your question about neurotoxicity you may not have done anything too damaging yet, but maybe. You need to slow down. If you need amps in your life I understand, but you've got to keep that tolerance low and not over amp like that.

7. Rexcavator

Rexcavator Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    The only answer I have for the first part about compensation is honestly I don't know man, I'm very compulsive in nature and didn't consider the consequences and I also like to take way to many chances heh which I'm working on lol. But yea I'm taking a break now for atleast a week now that I've caught up on most of my studies.

8. gonzochef

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.S.A.
    I think that's a good plan. Breaks are crucial to the use of amphetamines.