amphetamine with benzos

Discussion in 'Adderall' started by Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC

Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I have heard (read) that you get very tired on Clonazepam, and i was wondering if i took 4 mgs of Clonazepam since this is my first time, that if i insufflated 20-30 mgs of adderall:snort: along with it, that i might not get tired and not tempted to go to sleep?
    Do you think this would work, orj ust be a waste of an add?

any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my first time with Clon.

Thanks(<

2. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    Why would you take one that would counter act the other....Clonazepam is a drug that slows down the nervous system and adderall stimulates your CNS...

So in reality it would just be a waste and you should save one or the other for another day....of course it won't kill you if you do both but there is no point and the effects would not be what you are expecting....

3. Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC

Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i was just saying that since the clonazepam would make you kinda tired, the amphetamine in the add would keep you awake..but i guess your just saying that would be a waste anyways..

i guess ill just keep my add for another night

4. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    just the other day I took my normal 30mg non time release add and 4 mg of clonazepam and felt great. had the euphoria from the add but the chill of the clon. swIm always thought they would cancel and have in the past but swim guesss he just got lucky!

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  5. kemistudent

kemistudent Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    clon is good when comming down from adderall. 60mg of add, then another 60mg a few hours later, then clon it up if it gets uncomfortable.

6. Kemikaru_Tenshu

Kemikaru_Tenshu Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    I have taken the two (in my case xanax and adderall) together for a long time. I always found that the benzos simply smoothed out the rough edges of the adderall, yet didn't affect the positive aspects of them in the slightest. So don't be afraid of the two canceling each other as, contrary to what you would logically assume, this doesn't seem to happen.

~KT

7. Sitbcknchill

Sitbcknchill Retired Platinum Member & Advisor Donating Member

Reputation Points:
    111 y/o from U.S.A.
    Hmm...might be a mix my friend might have to try, I usually saves his clon. for a methadone mix...he usually doesn't mix his uppers with downers, he doesn't really see the point.....

8. Kemikaru_Tenshu

Kemikaru_Tenshu Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o
    I'd definitely recommend giving it a try. I've found that benzos [BIG disclaimer here: be VERY careful mixing drugs people, especially downers!] enhance not only opiates and opioids (even suboxone) but amphetamines and methcathinone as well. It was actually something I consciously avoided before, as I held the same opinion about mixing uppers and downers (other than heroin and meth, which held its own charm from time to time): it just didn't seem to make any sense. Recently I was prescribed benzos (clon and xanax) for an extended period of time, and happened to stumble upon the fact that they did NOT have the adverse effect I thought they would have on stimulants. Now I find that I actually prefer the combination, especially with the "harsher" stimulants such as adderall and mcat.

~KT

9. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    SWIM never reccomends mixing drugs, but his laboratory monkey is about to find out if 10 mg diazepam, 65 mg propoxyphene, both oral, will help mitigate the more unpleasant effects of 15 mg insufflated adderall. if this lab monkey makes it through the party he is attending alright, he will report back to SWIM, who will post if the combination was helpful.

oddly enough, the lab monkey seems to have built a tolerance over use spanning several days, so its difficult to determine what the interaction was. rough edges seem to have been smoothed off, although alertfulness and sociability did persist for a few hours. experiment should probably be repeated by higher doses for this individual, but again, wouldnt reccomend mixing these substances to anyone else.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2006
    1. 3/5,
      usefull
      Jun 5, 2006
  10. Memantine

Memantine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from earth
    hey, i know for investigating that when taking amph. with a benzo the effects dont cancel each other but interact ad create a nice high. who has done this? i think the benzo would kill at least the edge of the speed. i want to make this combination because i sometimes get paranoid on speed, does anyone have word on this?

11. xpr´k

xpr´k Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Well I did last night, he snorted his last line of amphetamines at 23.20 orso which in retrospect isnt something he should have done concidering he had to goto work today :) .
    He got home around 03.00h and immediatly crawled into bed soon realising sleep was not gonna come easy.
    He had some Xanax(he only uses recreational every so often so no tolerance) so he decided to take 0.5mg
    He was reluctant to up the dose because his intent was to actually make it to work, he's sure he could have just dropped 2mg and knock himself out but he had to get up at 6.45h.
    At first I felt that typical warm content feeling xanax gives him mix in with the dopamine euphoria. It didnt make him sleepy one bit though and after a while he noticed his heartrate increased and it felt like it was missing beats quite often making him feel slightly uncomfortable.
    I couldnt help wonder if it was the xanax interacting with his speed.
    On the other hand Swim hardly ever takes speed so it could just as well be a normal thing when your coming down from the stuff.
    In case your wondering swim never managed to fall asleep.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2006
  12. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    I know that benzos can be useful coming down from speed, when they can take the edge off your paranoia and help you sleep!

A long time back, there were pills called blues, a mixture of barbiturates and dexedrine. The barbiturates did take the nervousness off the speed, but you found yourself talking a lot of shit and the comedown was awful! They were a lot of fun though!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2006
  13. pwdrfrk

pwdrfrk Newbie

Reputation Points:
    SWIM lhas gotten into the habit of taking a low dose of Valium (5-10mg) while on Adderall. Certainly took the edgy feeling off and might mitigate the positives, slighty as it does slow your system down/relax you but for SWIM its the difference between his leg bouncing up and down rapidly regardless of whatever music is playing while sitting and just grooving to the music if that makes any sense. Valium has produced weak euphoria in SWIM on its own so it can be a nice combo to round off the edges.

While coming down, SWIM highly recommends some sort of benzo. Valium has worked better than Xannies for SWIM. I don't even really notice he's coming down and the depression is much less. Plus, V's help SWIM stay social without getting that angry, anti-social, depressed feeling as Adderall wears off.

If you're feeling blue, take the blue pill...valium.

14. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    benzos are great for the comedown, they ease the transition back into reality or sleep, whichever comes first. I find that 5-10 mg of diazepam with adderall takes the anxious edge off now, and works similarly in conjunction with other dopaminergic stimulants...e.g. cocaine and methylphenidate. the key is to shoot for the low dose of the benzo while on adderall, as pwdrfrk says, because the last things You wants is to have that "stumbling drunk" feeling while talking incessantly. seems like it would be quite unpleasant.

15. trial-x

trial-x Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I am prescribed adderall 15mg 2x/day, and xanax .5mg 3x/day. I know they don't cancel each other out when taken correctly, but that never happens. The benzos do help SWIM with the added anxiety and with coming down.

16. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I also have found that if the two are taken at the same time that there seemes to be a cancellation but if taken maybe adderall at 00:00 and at 01:00 or 02:00 then the effects are felt then boost an hour later with adderall. seems to make for a up and down roller coaster ride and a good day. any idea why if taken at once they may cancel? any others that have the same effect?

17. lurkerbot

lurkerbot Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I am prescribed 60mg Adderall XR and 15mg Tranxene a day. I do not notice any sort of cancellation, however generally seems to feel somewhat better composed, at least in terms of human interaction, when taking the Tranxene.

I have never taken Xanax though, only Klonopin, Ativan, and Tranxene.

18. Psych0naut

Psych0naut Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    from The Netherlands
    my favourite combo's are stimulants with depressants.For example, GHB with XTC,speed.
    Swim prefers GHB because it makes him more social than with benzo's, but the down side is that GHB works relatively short, so you have to redose.
    The stimulants give you the energy to keep going, and the downers take the edge of and make you more relaxed and give some euforia.

19. Nahbus

Nahbus Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Yeah, SWIM never leaves home without his (perscribed) Diazepam. He always takes it when coming down, or if the ride gets too edgy for him. Definately smooths things out and brings him down very calmly.

20. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    To revive the thread... I have gotten into some pretty sh*tty mental and physical states while on stimulants, and it seems this happens most often when he takes benzos during the high. He's not sure why, but he can get to feeling fearful, negative, depressed, and physically weak/exhausted with serious back, neck and other muscle pains on the combination. In other words, feeling "stuck" in a state he can't get out of until the stimulant wears off.

Note that SWIM reacts somewhat atypically to benzos, whether he's high on something else or not. Also note that cocaine + benzos doesn't seem to cause him problems, but longer acting stims like amphetamines, propylhexedrine and others do. Maybe there's some liver enzyme issue or something... I don't know.

Now benzos *after* coming down, that can be nice... I will usually take Ambien though if he has it, greatly preferential to him over benzos (even if he's just trying to relax rather than sleep). But he reacts somewhat idiosyncratically to Ambien as well.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006