amphetamne VS Methylphenidate. Has anyone experienced this?

Discussion in 'Amphetamine' started by deekyleeky, Apr 9, 2007.

1. deekyleeky

deekyleeky Newbie

Reputation Points:
    33 y/o
    Ok so SWIM loves adderall. Very eurphoric, keeps me focused, and just all around a good drug, however, my friend had some ritalin, he tried it, and just felt very anxious, and really anti-social. HOWEVER swims other friend had some concerta 54mg, he told me to break 3 in half, and you will be spun for several hours, almost like a really good meth high, but I was reluctant to do so as he knew methylphenidate was the main ingredient, but he thought, eh whatevr, so he crushed and took, and let me tell you, he was right and then some, SPUN LIKE NO OTHER, never ever felt that from adderall or even meth. He was gona for a good 10 hours, come down= hell
    Does anyone else have experience with this comparison.

2. f12button

f12button Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I go to college and has used many different sorts of those drugs.

For them, amphetamines work the best. They say they get not only a sense of euphoria and giddyness, but can stay up the whole night and focus better than concerta or adderall. After the night, they get a sense of "high"

Also for them, concerta has no recreational value. The most concerta they have ever taken at once is around 144 mg to stay up for two exams they had in two days, and took subsequent doses after that. It does the job. They use it the most since it's easier to obtain than speed.

In their opinon, Adderall is okay, but not as good as the other two.

3. sterling77

sterling77 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    from denmark
    Adderall is a mixture of four amphetamine salts, ritalin is methylphenidate and concerta is a time-released version of this. People react differently between the two this is why a doctor will sometimes test both out, but many people report that ritalin is harder on the body and has a much worse crash. Adderall is also "smoother" due to it being four salts with slightly different properties such as come-up and come-down time.

4. Nicaine

Nicaine Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from Rhode Island, U.S.A.
    I believe stimulant preferences are not only very personal, but that with more subtle ("milder") ones it can take time to really get to know their effects, and decide what's likeable and what isn't.

I have known people who were uninterested or even disliked some milder stimulant such as Ritalin, but for some reason kept using it occasionally anyway, and suddenly "fell in love" with the substance at some point. This sort of thing seems to be fairly common. Substances such as Meth are not too tough to figure out, and just one use (provided it isn't an over-dose) is enough for most people to know whether it's something they want to pursue further or not.

5. stoneinfocus

stoneinfocus Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Yes, that´s true what enigma say<s, one thing to add is that ritalin has a first pass metabolism which makes dosing unpredictable, while adderall hasn´t, but ritalin itself seems to have strongly different effects on swims body, like sides and main drug-action.

6. izzy31

izzy31 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from turkmenistan
    methylphenidate is kinda like cocaine - have a line (a pill) and youll feel on top of the world for 20 minutes and have to take another pill (or line) to avoid feeling anxious and shitty.

7. geophagus

geophagus Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I have found out over the years that some things work better together. Amphetamine and methylphenidate are a perfect example of this.

Amphetamine is considered to be a dopamine agonist, and as a result it increase the activity of dopamine. Methylphenidate is considered to be a dopamine reuptake inhibitor, which means it allows the activated dopamine more time to saturate the synapses.

I have found that by taking a small dose of amphetamine combined with a smaller dose of methylphenidate, that he is able to achieve the desired effect with a lower over-all dose. For example, I would normally require 60mg of dextroamphetamine a day (in divided therapuetic doses), however by adding small amounts of methylphenidate I was able to achieve the effectiveness of 60mg of dextroamphetamine with about 40mg of dex combined with 10mg of methylphenidate. Food for thought. ;)

I have found the new single isomer of methylphenidate called dexmethylphenidate (Focalin in the USA) to be far superior to almost all of the prescribed stimulants available, except Desoxyn & Dexedrine.

8. Drakzon

Drakzon Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I am talkative tonight and has posted many times, Swim likes adderall and ritalin both and finds the effects very similar but the comedown on ritalin is harder on swim. On the other hand when I take ritalin he is able to fall asleep sooner after the high wears off when I take adderall the high ends but he is stuck awake for longer than he would be if he had taken ritalin

9. God_Albino

God_Albino Newbie

Reputation Points:
    methylphenidates horrible, very short-term unproductive euphoria followed by long hellish crash.

adderall makes me productive as hell, and i dont feel bad afterwords

10. izzy31

izzy31 Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from turkmenistan
    I know what you mean about the anti-social feeling. Me and my friends in middle school were all perscribed it, and we'd always be popping them before something important, or when we really needed energy for PE. But anyways, the entire time in school was spent just staring at the ground and thinking, getting lost in delusions and paranoia. We loved that 20 minute rush though. Too much so, because we just sat together and stared at people having fun while feeling anti-social and everything and we hated them so badly because we were all having the same paranoid delusion - People think they're better than us. Basically anyone who smiled in the school we just looked at like we were going to go "you bitch". Took me forever to realize ritalin is different from adderall.

11. cyndi

cyndi R.I.P. Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    That is a common effect of middle age school boys, the ritalin type of drugs tend to make them more aggitated where adderall won't in a lot of cases.

Ok this swimmer doesn't like ritalin on a personal level, it makes her jittery and a horrible comedown. Addys eh not so great but will take in a pinch to keep the cravings away if available. Honest answer.

12. iFeaRNLoathiNg

iFeaRNLoathiNg Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    ritalin gives swim a dirty high and just flat out dislikes it, Adderall(amphetamine) on the other hand gives a perfect high not missing a thing and come down is as postive as can be for being amphetamine. ritlin is more like dirty coke and add is more like Methamphetamine.

13. asplinteredfawn

asplinteredfawn Newbie

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    Most people confuse side effects with the effects that are considered " positive ". For me Adderall is a lot "stronger" than Dextrostat;yet Dextrostats effects are nearly pure dopagenic euphoric. There isn't much teeth grinding heart palpitations or jitters. I don't understand why so many people like feeling spun. I take amphetamines for the positive energy and euphoria not for the negative energy and anxiety. I guess people just think that since they feel like they are " tweaking " that the euphoria is going to come or is there. But it's a big difference between a I.V. dose of 40mg d-amphetamine and snorting Adderall all night.