Opinions - Amt

Discussion in 'Tryptamines' started by Bojangles, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Bojangles

Bojangles Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I honestly don't reccomend this to anyone...the comedown is sooooo horrible...pounding migraine, my jaw hurt sooo bad from chewing and grinding my teeth...all i wanted to do was sleep and i could fall asleep. I was walking around mumbling and arched over like the hunchback of notre dame, my friends called my Ozzy Osbourne...so after not being able to sleep for 24+ hours and having my eyes dialated for the whole time I was off balance mentally for like a month...I had severe anxiety and depression issues...seriously f'ed me up in the head...and the funny thing is i did it one more time thinking it would be different....The trip is kaliedescopic and the body high is like xtc...it is great, that is after you hurl your guts out due to severe nausea....but remember what goes up must come down...after a mideblowing experience (16+ hours) you begin to come down and it sucks ass!!! Never again....

anyone else have any amt experiences?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
  2. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I would like to hear others experiences as i am planning on trying this soon.

What is a good dose to start with?

3. dr ACE

dr ACE Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    it hasMAOI properties too so watch out if your planning on mixing it with any other 'drugs'

4. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    yes, it is weak MAOI, but that is actually sometimes a preferred property, as 5-meo-dmt and many other tryptamines work in a much more interesting way with AMT. I don't like foxy (5-meo-dipt) at all, but with AMT it feels much better physically and more psychedelic. Just take it easy with doses if combining, AMT potentiates.

5. fastandbulbous

fastandbulbous Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    it hasMAOI properties too so watch out if your planning on mixing it with any other 'drugs'

It's a weak competetive inhibitor of monoamine oxidase (MAO); the MAOI that are used to treat depression are non-competetive - that means that once they bind to a protein molecule of MAO, it's inactive permanently, and you have to wait until your body makes some more until it can deal with certain drugs again. Even as a competetive MAO, to achieve the same degree of inhibition as harmaline (the MAOI in ayahuasca), it needs to have a concentration over 1000 times that of harmaline (in fact, amphetamine has about a tenth the MAOI properties of AMT). I've combined 20mg doses of AMT with up to 40mg of amphetamine without any problems.

As to the effects of AMT, I think the stuff is absolutely wonderful, other than the GI rumblings that occur during the first couple of hours, but even then, they're no worse than mescaline. It would be nice if the duration of action was more like that of LSD, but it's fairly easy to handle (below 30-35mg), and as for after effects, I find that after a dose of AMT, I am much more happy and content with myself and the world (sometimes to the point of being annoying to other people!). It also has the effect of enhancing aesthetic appreciation, especially of the human form, or as a friend put it (in a very un-PC way),"even the ugly women are good looking in their own way" - a real Shakespeare in the making!

1. 5/5,
      Thanks for sharing.
      Dec 20, 2008
    2. 4/5,
      Good information!
      Sep 24, 2007
  6. moeBius

moeBius Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    35 y/o from U.K.
    i tried amt 3 times and i am very pleased with the produced effects.

20mg orally created a clean but interesting trip that lasted ~10h. the
    downcoming was very gentle, no headache like with 2c-i or tma-2.

Smoking amt is a interesting route, already 10mg create a good effect that lasts for 7 hours.

all in all a quite nice substance, whereas lsd stays the best tryptamine.

1. 4/5,
      Thanks for sharing.
      Dec 20, 2008
  7. anj0vis

anj0vis Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from Germany
    well, I don't know if LSD can be considered "a tryptamine", at least not on par with iprocin, psilocin, amt and those. It simply is so much more complex molecule with tryptamine skeleton being just very small part of it.

Has there been any other AMT derivatives tested than 5-meo-AMT, 2-Me-AMT (active, 300-500mg) and N-Me-AMT (active, 50-100mg)? Tihkal lists many interesting ones, like, AM-MIPT, AM-DMT, etc.. but they are untested.

8. fastandbulbous

fastandbulbous Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    LSD is classed as an ergoline (if you look at the structure, there's also the skeleton of amphetamine).

As regards other derivatives, I've read that 4-hydroxy AMT is psychedelic, but also that it's an antidepressant (same as AMT and AET then!). 5-fluoro AMT is also supposed to be active, but it has MAOI properties closer to harmaline, than its parent molecule AMT.

I'd also imagine 1-acetyl and 1-methyl AMT would be active, as this seems to have no effect, other than dose required, on tryptamines and ergolines

9. GDxCAT

GDxCAT Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    4 ho AMT sounds interesting.

Something about the 4-ho chemicals that really does it for me.

10. serpent

serpent Newbie

Reputation Points:
    i tried smoking 25 mgs,it made my teeth extremely sensitive and my body tense.my hands would tense into claw shapes whilst my jaws clenched tight.i was not very impressed with this substance.9 hours after ingestion i took30mgs of 2ct7,10mgs of 2ct2 and 8 of 2ci,had a lovely trip on that,then decided to use up the last 12 mgs of amt.as soon as i smoked it,all the lovely cev's stopped and my teeth started aching again,as if i was breething in frozen air.a painful stomach ache apeared and i found myself stretching my muscles out and freezing in position,my body taut.it was as if the negative physical aspects of acid where manifesting themselves,ie.severe jaw clench and nausea,but none of the beautiful lysergic visuals.a usually peaceful friend became agressive on this one as well.i wont be trying it again.

1. 4/5,
      Thanks for sharing.
      Dec 20, 2008
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

Reputation Points:
    I've tried smoking it before several times and it never worked. It's just not very active that way, it's more potent orally.

I liked AMT aside from the nasty-tasting belches and the long-lasting
    stimulation which felt more like a caffeine buzz than anything. f.a.b.
    is right, it's a great sensory enhancer, and a GREAT
    creativity-booster. I was working on a screenplay outline and once I
    sat down to it while tripping on AMT, it just all fell into place.
    Never combined anything with it but that sounds like the way to go.

12. allyourbase

allyourbase Palladium Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    is AMT HCL smokable?

13. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    I disagree. AMT is the ultimate drug. it's the speed of coke, the euphoria of mdma, the visuals of mescaline all in a 35mg dose. lol

I've experience AMT over 50 times and have never had a bad experience or hard comedown.

1. 4/5,
      Thanks for your 2 cents.
      Dec 20, 2008
  14. amtripper

amtripper Newbie

Reputation Points:
    amt has been the most powerful hallucinogen i have done.. I
    experimented with many drugs and i feel like this drug had the best
    visuals. The only thing that i didn't like about the drug was that the
    come down sucked! I felt really depressed and restless..i just wanted
    to go to sleep but i couldn't i would still be seeing crazy shit with
    or without my eyes closed. I remember tripping for 28 hours... i even
    went to class the next day still tripping a little bit because i had to
    take a test..that sucked... i'm glad i did it because of the effects... but i would rather
    to lsd, 2-ci, mdma anyday of the week .. even though the visuals could
    never compare...it doesn't last as long and the comedown is really
    really gentle compared to AMT
    Edited by: amtripper

15. mariecurie

mariecurie Newbie

Reputation Points:
    My friends and I spent a lot of time with this one.

AMT's biggest problem is its length. Most people I know like longer compounds, but AMT is just ridiculously long.

Coming up AMT tends to induce some nausea, but after about the two hour
    mark the nausea subsides. As it goes away you reach the peak and it's
    smooth sailing for twelve to fifteen (or more!) hours after that. In
    SWIM's experience, it is VERY colorful and beautiful.

LSD>AMT>2C-I in the opinion of those that I know.

AMT has enormous amounts of depth that 2C-I doesn't and for a week or
    two afterward you feel enlightened. Sorry to hear that your friends
    have had much more negative experiences than mine have.

1. 4/5,
      Thanks for sharing.
      Dec 20, 2008
  16. Pinkavvy

Pinkavvy Platinum Member & Advisor

Reputation Points:
    from U.S.A.
    yeah the leanth of the fry can suck. lol

lsd is much better than any rc. (well, maybe ald depending on who you ask.) amt is the next greatest though is usually not practicle due to it's leanth of fry. 2c-b is the next best IMHO ... then 2c-e .... the rest fall after that. lol

17. Triple7

Triple7 Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from sweden
    I experienced amt 6 times and every time i took 40mg.. and usually
    mixed with some other rc (+ another 20-60mg iprocin/iprocetyl).. never
    had problems with come down. but if there is a problem with amt.. it
    keeps my eyes dillated for 14-18h.. the amt high lasts for 8h and give
    sme blue close eye visuals... amt would be without any doubt the best drug if i could feel the floatiness as with mdma.

i am waiting for my 80-100mg amt experience.. just that i lack a sitter..

yes, i'm partially hard head.[​IMG]

18. drwoo

drwoo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o

I agree with this statement. It also have the length of crystal meth it lasts a long time 12-18 hours or longer. I went through 2 grams of AMT damn near solo over a 2 year period. I would go on weekend long binges where I would start friday night and be tripping all the way until sunday. I would sleep but would wake up and take some more and even trip in my sleep it seemed the longer I was on it the more euphoricit got.

19. enquirewithin

enquirewithin Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    from bermuda
    Interesting. Do you think that AMT is potentially addictive? Edited by: enquirewithin

20. drwoo

drwoo Newbie

Reputation Points:
    42 y/o
    I didn't have any problems when my supply ran out, and couldn't be bought from rc suppliers post scheduling. There was no withdrawls or anything. I would only do it like 1 or 2 times a month. If its addictive I would definately say its not physically addictive only mentally.