Experiences - An Experience with Diphenhydramine

Discussion in 'Deliriant antihistamines' started by Akewstick, Jul 2, 2006.

1. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    A few nights ago, SWIM swallowed 400mgs of Diphenhydramine, in the form of Nytol pills. He sat talking to a friend on msn messenger, and after about 50 minutes, (although he noticed no change in what he was saying), his friend started saying "what are you talking about?" and "you're not making any sense". Upon trying to read back and understand what he'd just typed, he found he was unable to translate it into understandable thoughts, and at times was unable to read.

After another 20 minutes, SWIM turned away from the screen to inspect the sheet of cling film that someone had covered his guitar in. Why would someone do that? Had SWIM in fact done it because he was a bit mashed, and forgotten about it? Eitherway, it was too interesting to inspect from a distance, so SWIM decided to get up and touch it, possibly to peel it from his guitar.

Upon standing up, I found that he was incredibly light, like he was made of feathers, and he worried that he'd be carried away by a breeze. This confused him enormously, because all of his other Nytol experiences had made him feel like he weighed 1000 lbs. SWIM drifted over to the corner of the room where the guitar was and found that he was infact downstairs in his living room. He stopped to think about where he actually was, and opened his eyes to see his ceiling, and realised that he hadn't stood up, and had been lying on his bed for anywhere betwwen 10 seconds and 4 hours.

SWIM decided to sit up, he wasn't going to fall asleep just as things got interesting as he had done countless times before. He sat up and glanced down to see a pubic hair on the back of his hand, but this was no average pubic hair, it was curled up into a perfect sphere, and shook noticably (did anyone see the episode of doctor who with the alien made out of scribble, that flew around like a big ball of bullshit?). He move his hand at an incredibly slow rate, as if his arm was made out of lead, and as he touched the offending item, it raced away off his hand onto his jeans and down towards his knee. He realised that was he was looking at was a spider, the spider stopped, and became hair again, and proceeded to race away as a spider, and become a ball of hair as soon as it stopped.

SWIM watched this, deciding that something amazing would happen if he were to touch it, and that even if he did have the energy to do so, the results would be too incredible for the human mind, and his head would most likely explode.

SWIM played with the Hair-Spider for what seemed like a few seconds, and at the same time, an eternity. He sat up with tremendous effort, and on looking at his wall (bare brick, most of the time), he noticed it was covered in thick Ivy, so thick you couldn't see anything underneath it. The Ivy moved, as if it were growing an inch every half a second, without ever getting any bigger.

SWIM decided that this was not real (unlike the spider), and ignored it. Then he decided that if he could focus on it, then it was the growing motion, and not the ivy itself that was hallucination, and that the Ivy was real (he was by this point, convinced it was real anyway). He looked back to find his bare-brick wall as it had always been, but wrapped in cling film. He felt so stupid, that he could be so easily convinced of such illogical things.

This is a 10th of what happened to SWIM, there was so much more to tell, but this post is long enough already. There was drilling going on downstairs, and windows in his bedroom that provided views of waterparks and slides. There were dartboards that had darts stuck in them, along with scissors and shards of glass, that had inside them the most intriguing lgith-refractions and reflections of object that were otherwise invisible.

SWIM can appreciate that Nytol could scare the piss out of someone who is not accustomed to having to calm themselves down when experiencing overwhelmingly challenging alterations of reality. He would say however, that if you think you can handle Nytol, and have experimented with psychedelic and dissaciative drugs, and lived to tell the tale without causing serious mental anguish: Diphenhydramine will be the most incredible thing you've ever done to yourself.

This is just SWIM's opininon, I don't endorse abusing OTC drugs of any kind, and I genuinely don't want anybody to read this, and to go out there and eat a box of benadryl and spend the rest of their lives in a psychiatric unit.

1. 3/5,
      Great descriptive post!
      Jul 4, 2006
    2. 3/5,
      a most interesting and amusing trip report AKe
      Jul 2, 2006
  2. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Wow, that sounds quite amazing. Only 400mg? I did 150mg once and remembers being very tired, slight delerium and what he thinks were slight audio hallucinations. Not exactly intense though. I think he may have had some alcohol beforehand but can't remember. He fell into a trance like sleep listening to Pink Floyd. After this experience he presumed that he'd need a much higher dose to experience something like You has described....

3. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    I have done 400mg many times before and had experiences much less impressive than this. I think there is some element of luck involved, but it may be because SWIM managed to stay awake longer than he usually does, the good stuff didn't start to happen till 2-3 hours after he popped the pills.

4. Riconoen {UGC}

Riconoen {UGC} Newbie

Reputation Points:
    I took 300 mills of benadryl a few weeks ago and it was the trippiest stuff I has ever experianced, I felt tired but couldnt go to sleep, swim kept hearing his mother calling him but found her fast asleep in bed when swim looked for her, swim also had strange phantom drink effects where I would produce a bottle of guinness out of nowhere and then when raised to his lips to drink it would dissapear. I finally fell asleep and woke up with thr mother of all hangovers. I will definatly not repeat that experiance again.

5. Sklander

Sklander Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from congo_democratic
    I took 250MG a few days ago. He did not like the effects and will not try this again.

SWIM COULD NOT fall asleep. He stayed awake all night. His head felt like it was too heavy to hold up and he felt like gravity was multiplied many times when he tried to walk. Overall, it was a very unpleasant experience.

Meh... SWIM guesses there is a bit of luck involved...

6. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Bongo finds 150 - 200mg of diphenhydramine good for occasional insomnia. But would not call this recreational. Bongo knows that more can cause true hallucinations of the Datura-variety. Yuck!

7. Akewstick

Akewstick Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    from U.K.
    If SWIM's looking to fix insomnia, 50-75mg and 2 shots of whiskey and he'll completely hit the deck. SWIM dosen't know how sensible this is, but it's a great way to save on nytol if you're desperate for sleep.

8. screwed99

screwed99 Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    I have taken Diphenhydramine only once in a dose of 350mg in Nytol. As he is not experienced with the type of auditory hallucinations that occur during this I will definitely try out this dose again to explore the capabilites of this very interesting drug.
    Hopefully next time I will be able to figure out what exactly he was feeling but also remembers feeling extremely light and walking like a complete and utter drunk. Things happened such as SWIM holding cigarettes that he could suddenly no longer feel inbetween his fingers. SWIM also felt that he was having a discussion with himself while watching the TV intently and although is sure he concentrated hard on the program cannot remember a thing about what he was watching.
    SWIM also had the most terrible hangover the next morning and had a bad headache for 2 days afterwards but was wondering if anyone has taken significantly higher doses than around the 300-400mg mark. I would also appreciate it if anyone know how long he should ideally leave between taking diphenhydramine to allow his resistance to build back up as he knows taking it again the next week will have tiny effects in comparison to taking it the first time, Thanks.

9. Nagognog2

Nagognog2 Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Look up threads on deleriants in the forums. In a word - don't do this. These drugs are extremely dangerous due to the reality of the hallucinations. One could easily get seriously injured under their influence. Bad idea.

For Bongo, 200mg is not enough to prompt such effects. He would never increase to that level.