An experiment in frugality.

Discussion in 'Opium & Poppy' started by paranoid_android, Feb 10, 2007.

1. paranoid_android

paranoid_android Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    First a little backstory, skip ahead for the experiment. SwiPA is a full-time college student who just had to move into an apartment. As you can imagine, this leads to some pretty depressing financial situations. SwiPA has spent lots of time in the past dreaming up the most cost-effective ways to get high and has considered most types of drugs, except uppers. No offense to stimulant people, it's just not SwiPA's thing. Having just lost a very, very cheap (read: free) access to hydrocodone, he's removed the search for cost-effective highs from the backburner and has been giving it serious thought. SwiPA's thing is opiates. He tries a side dish of a little bud here and there, and a little booze, but opiates are the main course. SwiPA has absolutely no street connections of any kind. This has led him to consider poppy pod and/or seed tea. Much to his dismay, however, pods are a tad too expensive for his taste, at least on.... er, everybody's favorite four-letter website ;) . Momentarily pod-blocked, SwiPA has lived a relatively bland life of sobriety for the past two months. This brings us to the solution: seeds. I've scoured the information I could find on them and, near as I can tell, about a pound or two (depending on the batch) will have one pinned fairly well. I know discussion of prices of forbidden, but let's just say seeds are all around cheaper than just about any drug on a per-dose level. This brings us to the experiment. SwiPA has a friend who will provide a small amount of MJ equivalent in price to about 25 pounds of seeds. SwiPA will essentially perform a large-scale CWE* on all the seeds and evaporate the liquid down over as many days as it takes. When it gets down to the smallest amount of liquid possible, SwiPA will soak the MJ in it. While this isn't the most cost-effective way of consuming the seeds, it bypasses the inherent difficulty of creating actual opium from seeds and allows seed-extract to be smoked. As far as I know, no one else has successfully attempted to create a smokable form of poppy seed extract. *A tea, made from hot water, releases the oils inside the seeds; they are not necessary for the psychoactive effects. Cold water is all that is needed to extract the morphine still lining the seeds, which is itself soluble in cold water. Wish me luck, and any comments are appreciated.

2. Forthesevenlakes

Forthesevenlakes Platinum Member

Reputation Points:
    Hopefully You will get a batch of seeds that are unwashed still. This plan sounds viable if the seeds havent been washed before shipping/packaging, but its difficult to know which brands do and don't wash their seeds. You sounds like he has the right idea using a large amount of seeds, since this is the only way one could acquire a sufficient amount of morphine for this to work. Evaporation seems to SWIM the most difficult part of this process, since one cannot boil the water off. Since You is going to have to use alot of water to soak the seeds, it could take quite a while before all of it evaporates. If You decides to go through with it though please do post how efficacious it is, since I am definitely intrigued by this possibility.

3. paranoid_android

paranoid_android Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o from U.S.A.
    Unfortunately I forgot to enable Javascript when I made the above post, so there will probably be several people who skip it on account of it being one giant-ass paragraph.

Thanks for the reply. SwiPA hopes he gets a good batch. He also hopes they aren't from Australia. He read in an article last night that to deter thieves, big-time growers in Australia like to breed high amounts of Thebaine and other nasties into their crops. The nice thing is that no matter how low a concentration it is, there will undoubtedly be enough morphine in 25 lbs. of seeds for at least a few doses, bare minimum. Far from ideal, it's still on par with the cost effectiveness of cannabis.

I also agree that the most difficult thing will be evaporation. I know most of the alkaloids are sensitive to light, so SwiPA said he'll most likely evaporate it in a few pans in the closet, under a space heater set on light so as to provide wind and heat. This will, SwiPA says, hopefully quicken the process without destroying the morphine, as boiling would, but SwiPA will still have to be careful and monitor the temperature carefully.

4. MrJim

MrJim Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    One thing there SWIPA - One of the main reasons that people make seed tea instead of doing a CWE is that the seeds need to be stripped from the outside. That is where the alkaloids are. The making of tea has nothing to do with relaesing the seeds internal oils. And since the alkaloids are in sticky putty form, the hot water melts it off and disslovles it into the hot water. Think about it like this. Try to stir molasses into cold water evenly. Now try to do it in hot water. See the difference?
    If swipa does continue to go ahead with the CWE plan, try making the liquid slightly acidic so that it can aid in the stripping of the latex from the seeds. Acetic acid (horrible taste) or Lemon Juice (lemony freshness - Like your mouth has just gone throught the clothes dryer) should suffice in this.