1. Dear Drugs-Forum readers: We are a small non-profit that runs one of the most read drug information & addiction help websites in the world. We serve over 4 million readers per month, and have costs like all popular websites: servers, hosting, licenses and software. To protect our independence we do not run ads. We take no government funds. We run on donations which average $25. If everyone reading this would donate $5 then this fund raiser would be done in an hour. If Drugs-Forum is useful to you, take one minute to keep it online another year by donating whatever you can today. Donations are currently not sufficient to pay our bills and keep the site up. Your help is most welcome. Thank you.
    PLEASE HELP
    Dismiss Notice

Drug info - An introduction to temazepam

Discussion in 'Benzodiazepines' started by pharmapsyche, Mar 9, 2006.

1. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Temazepam is a benzodiazepine-derivative marketed under the name Restoril and used for short-term treatment of insomnia. Temazepam is an active metabolite of diazepam, and is half as potent. Like other benzodiazepines, temazepam has anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, myorelaxant, and sedative properties. It's half-life is somewhat short (t1/2 = 10-20 hrs), onset of action is rapid, and duration of effects last 6-8 hours. It's one of the more addictive benzodiazepines due to it's short action. Along with alprazolam and triazolam, temazepam has been associated with several fatalities which indicates greater acute toxicity.

Temazepam passes across the placenta and is excreted in breast milk. Abuse of temazepam by pregnant women can cause withdrawl symptoms to occur in the infant. Breast-feeding can cause lethargy and poor feeding when practiced by a nursing mother who takes temazepam.

The chemical name of temazepam is 7-chloro-1,3-dihydro-3-hydroxy-1-methyl-5-phenyl- -1,4-benzodiazepin-2-one. It's molecular formula is C16H13ClN2O2, and it's molecular weight is 300.7. Temazepam occurs as a white to off-white crystalline solid, practically insoluble to very slightly soluble in water; sparingly soluble in alcohol; and freely soluble in dichloromethane. It's odourless or almost odourless and is affected by light.

Temazepam applications are limited to use as a hypnotic. It isn't usually prescribed as an "off-label" remedy. To prevent widespread abuse of temazepam, doctors are cautious towards over-prescribing it. For this reason temazepam is rarely sold on the black market. Alprazolam (Xanax), clonazepam (Klonopin), lorazepam (Ativan), and diazepam (Valium) are much more common. An interesting epidemic of intraveinous temazepam abuse occured in the UK several years ago. There use to be a gel-cap preparation of temazepam available that could be melted down to a liquid and injected. Doing so resulted in an alcohol-like intoxication. But insoluble particles found in the liquid were quick to block a user's arteries and gangrene resulting in amputation was common. Finally, manufacture and sale of the gel-cap was discontinued and gelatin capsules filled with powder replaced them.

2. Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC

Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Thats very interesting, i have never heard of Temazepam until now. I will be looking into this subject and experimenting with it when i get a chance.

3. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    It is by far the best benzo! the reason for the issues of shooting up w/ the gel caps some part of the gel was re"solidifying or gelling up in there viens causing ulcers and gangrene(more so and finger are usually amputated). i read on some google search so just google IV temazepam kinda just said whats mostly been said. my bad

4. Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC

Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    What does this benzo feel like? the usual benzo feeling?

5. pharmapsyche

pharmapsyche AKA Miss Methylene Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Temazepam has the classic benzodiazepine properties; anxiolytic, anticonvulsant, myorelaxant, and sedative effects are all present. In that sense, temazepam feels like your average benzodiazepine. But there is something special about temazepam. It's considered to be one of strongest and most addictive benzodiazepines. Unlike many other benzos, temazepam has powerful anxiolytic, hypnotic, anticonvulsant and myorelaxant properties instead of just having a couple of powerful properties.
    Temazepam has certain pharmacokinetic properties of absorption, distribution, elimination, and clearance that make it more apt to abuse.

Temazepam is just a downright euphoric tranquilizer/sedative/hypnotic/muscle relaxant

6. Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC

Ho0k3d0nChRoNiC Newbie

Reputation Points:
    oh ok....cooool

7. jduba

jduba Gold Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    like i said here or in another post some ppl love it others see no real significant effect. Swim loves T! It calms, relaxes, slows thought, and good body high! but like i said result vary

8. dr.gonzo

dr.gonzo Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Cool, I'm not the only one. Swim loves taking Temazepam while getting drunk, or with opiates. But it is still great by itself.

9. calmascanbe

calmascanbe Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Benezenrings- I tried to send you a private message ,but it was full. I came across 10x30mg. of temazepam and being a temazepam virgin I would like your oppinion on the first time dose for an avid benzo user. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, calmascanbe

10. DJ

DJ Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Pleasant Experience on Temezepams

SWIM says that Temezepam (Restoril) can be very exciting...

SWIM says the key to the excitement is to consume 2-4 throughout a few hour span ... 2 to start... 1 or 2 more an hour later or so .. and to fight the urge to fall asleep by wandering outside in a safe place (no traffic)..

SWIM says that the one and only time SWIM experimented with well over the recommended dose that it was like being in a dream while he was awake!!!

SWIM also ate a dilaudid several hours after ingesting the first Temezepam and had no recollection of SWIM"s own name... SWIM was confused but was loving it anyhow.

SWIM highly recommends exceeding the proper dosage for the Temezepam so that exciting results will occur which he states were quite enjoyable, pleasant, and not at all scary. It was like being awake but in a dream that seemed really real. A+

11. DJ

DJ Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    40 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    They are sometimes prescribed for "restless-leg syndrome" also!

12. deadhead

deadhead Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male
    Temazepam is big fun if u enjoy being really VERY "drunk" like. Most ppl tend to like being less "drunk" like. For mixing it with alchool, even in small doses is one of the most powerful benzo, if not the most.

13. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    [​IMG]

Back Darwin!! Back to your cage!!! *CRACKS WHIP* BACK I SAY!!

14. Benzeneringz

Benzeneringz Titanium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Darwin has NOTHING to do with temazepam, have you no shame?

15. Beeker

Beeker Iridium Member

Reputation Points:
    Male
    I thought it was a clever warning that mixing temazepam with alcohol could end badly.

16. Swing

Swing Newbie

Reputation Points:
    30 y/o Male from U.S.A.
    Beeker is so awesome you guys make me so happy about all my Rx's =D

17. Ganja Joe

Ganja Joe Silver Member

Reputation Points:
    51 y/o Male from Canada
    SWIM had a serious surgery about 10 years ago... Dr. gave SWIM 30mg Restoril... SWIM had a couple drinks, took a Restoril was sitting on the couch watching TV and didn't notice the effects until he tried to stand up... he was literally reaching for door knobs, the counter, etc... just to make it to the bedroom!

18. 6Sh00t3r

6Sh00t3r Newbie

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    Prescribed best sleep ever gotten and do not wake up sleepy and will be ready for the day with plenty of energy ! Cannot say that fir *Dalmane (*Flurazepam ) . Makes prescribed people very sleepy next days.

Very informative post.Thanks for posting it.

- 6Sh00t3r

19. darkbreed

darkbreed Newbie

Reputation Points:
    37 y/o Male
    Temazepam is indeed one of the better benzos, only thing SWIM can think of that beats it is Rohypnol. Good thing SWIM live in a country that got Rohypnol and easy to get scripts for but Temazepam is not around. He have enjoyed it in the past though. If SWIM remembers correctly, it also messes less with REM sleep in contrast with other benzos, which is a good thing.

20. sourdough

sourdough Mercury Member

Reputation Points:
    Male from U.S.A.
    this one guy mixes 6 mg of xanax and 40 mg of temazepam all the time... he thinks it's the best and encourages others to try to this combo!

he no doubt defines it being heaven.